One day at a Time.....

bellelee

So i've never written a blog before and i've never catalogued my progress before either, so I'm choosing this experience to make some changes to haow i do things. My thinking is that A. it can't hurt.. B. It will keep my hands busy so i don't try to the OH for food or the smarf the dogs treats!! and C. I intend to be 100% with this experience and it would help to look back in the future to see how blooming hard i was to try do and to never want to do this again!!!

So i'm getting married next year, however i'm no spring bride but this is my first time in the horse and cart!:love047:!... i've been with my OH for the past 12 years and although i'm not blaming him for my Yo-yoing my love for him has lead me to eat and drink the same if not more as him and he's a large bloke!!! So i need to take reponsibility for my habits and behaviours and hunger and i decided to stop eating my emotions, a habit i learnt from my child hood. Some of theseares around saying NO to food and drink when its put in front of me especially when i dont want it or am not hungry, Polishing the lot of and then some through shame and guilt and then feeling angry that i didn't refuse it. I went to the phamacist yesterday and he talked to me about triggers and thoughts behavioural triggers and i realised what some of mine were and its the first time i've every acknowledge them out side of my own head. So i thought about doing this as a reset my behaviours.

Short term goals - 1. follow the diet plan 100% every day for the next 8 weeks 2. refeed proper as per the plan. 3. Lose my goal weight of 53Lbs 4. introduce excercise into life.

Long term goal: Maintain weight loss through healthy eating 80:20 rule of living 80% healthy eating and excercise and 20% fun!!!! but mainly being aware of my main trigger behaviours when presented with food!! By no mean is this and exhautive list of my goals and i think they may well change a the weeks come and goal however its nice of have set some to start with.

So i start my journey tomorrow the 6th January and i will blog everyday
My current stats our 5ft 5in (lost an inch in the pharmacy however trying to be cool about it!!):cry: Starting weigh 13st 11lbs hoping to get down to Goal weight of 10st.:D
So roll on Tuesday can't wait to be challenged... slightly worried if i'll like the taste to the shakes etc probably a good idea if i don't might be tempted to scoff the lot.

Good luck. I'm 5ft 3 and want to get to 10 stone too.
I started last year and done it oct- mid feb and I started at 16 stone 2 and got down to 10.10 then pilled it back on. My own fault. Eating poo. So on my first day today xx :)

Good luck. I'm 5ft 3 and want to get to 10 stone too. I started last year and done it oct- mid feb and I started at 16 stone 2 and got down to 10.10 then pilled it back on. My own fault. Eating poo. So on my first day today xx :)
Hey Roxie, followed your diary and saw your pictures you look fantastic, and you've still maintained a loss... So onwards and upwards hope day one was kind to you xx

It wasn't to bad really. Still need my last shake and pretty much had the first two at around 4:00 as wasn't hungry.
Nearly drank 2 litres too. I'll make sure I hit that tonignt. Been drinking my normal amount of coffee but trying to get used to the taste of black and sweetners. Yuk!!
Is this your first day?

Roxie xx

Day One...100% So made it through the day, very intense day and all I could think about was not eating food not because I was hungry but because it would have been unconscious eating. The shake were ok... Had the strawberry and vanilla cold and made the chocolate hot it felt comforting after coming home from work. So tempted to step on the scales at home but don't know if that's a good or abad idea? Does anyone else weight at home daily?

So tomorrow's a new day, really looking forward to when I stop feeling hungry and my headache goes.

"Be all in or get out, there's no halfway" ?

One massive tip I have for you and I'm doing the same tonight. Before pics in Underwear!! And also face pics.
Reason I would say do this. Is because before when I lose around 1 stone. I felt no diff. And didn't think I looked any diff. It wasn't until I took pics again ( I noticed a diff after 1 week) then started doing them week/2 weekly.. I noticed a massive difference and that gave me a massive boost to stick to it because even though I didn't feel it. My god you could certainly see it. And I think I would of given up after the 2-3 weeks if I hadn't of done that :))

Weigh daily- It does get like that lol. I will Prob do a weigh just on Monday/ Tuesday at the pharmacy. But as time goes on and I do get in to it I do actually do it every few days if not every day lol.
Can be a little disheartening when you haven't lost any when you feel you have done so well.

With your headaches- I suffered from this at the start. Advice- drink more water!!!! It will go with more water intake.

I cooked by daughter and partner tea tonight. Didn't find it hard. It was more stay in routines I kind of was in so its not a massive change being on the diet.

Also another heads on. When I was on my period I found that my weight loss was less than if I wasn't. So j knew that the week I was on or due on my period I always prepared myself for a less loss that week. But then the following week I lost more than I normally would do on a normal week.

Just thought I'd share this with you & hope it helps xxxx

Day 2.... 100%. So the hungry pangs are better so thanks for the tips yesterday but headache still there despite drinking 4ltrs of water.. Can't drink anymore so going to put up with it pharmacist said it was ok to have some paracetamol so I've gone with his advice..

Hit my first dilemma/trigger for unhealthy eating habits. My OH's sister invited us for Sunday dinner at the end of January !!!! ( yeah I know an over reaction) this sent me into flipping out as it's right in the middle of my LP journey i intend to do this for 8 weeks to the end of Feb. This made me anxious as I felt wouldn't be any were near my target by then, I felt angry towards my OH as he had delivered the message then guilty that I snapped at him totally not his fault at all the felt the whole thing was pointless and I should jack it in ... Hahaha who said LP wasn't full of drama instead of grabbing a slice of cake and stuffing my face I took a deep breath had another glass of water had a word with myself about my goals one being taking one day at a time and being 100% one day at a time and I realised I had more options than I thought... I then apologised to the OH, any way of to bed now roll on day 3 ;)) x

"HARD WORK BEATS TALENT... ANY DAY"

DAY 3...100% another day whooped headache feel better thanks for the water tip people, just when you think you can't possibly drink any more ... You can. Felt better all round although a lot of craving for chicken and bread but more mood related than anything, OH away on business tonight and I missed him so made hot mint chocolate shake for comfort and it did the trick also finding it preferable drinking sparkling than still water it goes down easier. Looking forward to weigh in 3 days just got to get through my first weekend not eating anything gonna be a strange experience. But this is not forever and I won't be repeating this diet any day soon so I'm gonna get it right first time and keep it off... Toodle pip :)) x

"ASK YOURSELF IF WHAT YOU ARE DOING TODAY IS GETTING YOU CLOSER TO WHERE YOU WANT TO BE TOMORROW?"

Hey Belle, it does get easier, hang in there!

Hiya hun. Glad your headache has gone and your feeling better and more positive :)
It's so hard and hits social life so much. That's what I'm finding hard. My oh would normally meet
Me from work tomorrow and we would go for lunch or a nice milky latte at Costa.
I'm so bloody hungry as well!!!
Think may pop to mums quickly and do a weigh. Just need some more motivation. Feel like giving up already! What I would do to eat crap now lol by hay! That's what got me in to this mess right.
Bloody hope i keep to it. Part of me wants to. Another wants to give up!! Xxxx

Hiya hun. Glad your headache has gone and your feeling better and more positive :) It's so hard and hits social life so much. That's what I'm finding hard. My oh would normally meet Me from work tomorrow and we would go for lunch or a nice milky latte at Costa. I'm so bloody hungry as well!!! Think may pop to mums quickly and do a weigh. Just need some more motivation. Feel like giving up already! What I would do to eat crap now lol by hay! That's what got me in to this mess right. Bloody hope i keep to it. Part of me wants to. Another wants to give up!! Xxxx

Yeah your right the social life totally sucks, realise how every thing revolves around food and drink but your right it's that that got me here and as I said I don't intend to get here again I'm bored of dieting this is the last time. So please hang on in there Roxie you are an inspiration it's harder the second time round but you can do it think of the clothes you want to get back into and spring and summer on the way!!!!

Hey Belle, it does get easier, hang in there!
Thanks trim, your right one day at a time felt better on the 4th day and no headache and didn't feel hungry either so I think I'm turning that corner ;)) x

Day 4 ... 100%.. So I think the corner has been turned!!! Yay! No headache and hunger pangs down to a dull ache, felt a little lethargic bit nothing major weirdly I felt calm. I would normally have at lease a bottle of wine with the OH to celebrate the end of working week he still had a drink but sipped sparkling spring water and chugged down my shake in bed I did a little count down of how many Friday left and I probably have another 4-5 so makes me realise it ain't for ever so a good day in all and I'm nearer my weight in can't wait to find out what I weigh on Monday. What do people think about excercise on this diet? Is it a good idea considering your on every low calories? Would be any different if you had a strenuous job? ;))x

"WELCOME TO TODAY... ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER CHANCE, FEEL FREE TO CHANGE"

Day 5....100% another day busted woke up not feeling hungry and full of energy ? so went to the gym for a run was abit worried as I don't know if it's ok to exercise while taking in so little calories but I was fine. Them of to the cinema to watch of all things 'the hunger games' ? OH munched on popcorn and I slurped on a shake didn't bother me at all being there. Biggest craving was for the OH dinner of lamb chops and chips. It sent me hiding up stairs in fear ... My will is only so strong!!!! Didn't cave although had all kinds of thought to quit so I could have food again but I'm not hungry just craving the mind is a tricky rascal any way that passed and I'm ok again and in the zone. ;))

"YOUR BODY CAN WITHSTAND ALMOST ANYTHING.... ITS YOUR MIND YOU HAVE TO CONVINCE"

Day 6.... 100%.. This has been a tough weekend and today especially where I would of made a nice roast dinner I stand shaking a vanilla shake which takes less that 5 minutes oh the joys... But still 100% not slip ups and happy with my lot really. Noticed my clothes being less tight and weigh in day tomorrow. I think when I weigh in then I'll be slightly less anxious indeed to know this martyrdom has not been in vain!!! Hahaha the drama of it all. To take my mind of it I've been arranging little well done treats for myself stuff like getting my nails done and the final one is to have hair and makeup done for a night out with friends think I'm going to so this for 4 more weeks refers and maintain. But keeping my eye on the prize today was a good day :)) x

"THINGS TAKE TIME, SO JUST BE PATIENT"

Yes, go Belle, and tell us the good news from the scales at your weigh-in!

Day 6 was a tough one for me too, i felt weak, lightheaded and could barely stomach the thought of my shakes especially when i could smell all the wonderful foods my housemates were making!! I somehow made it through though!!

Stay strong, if you can make it through this then you can do anything!

How did your first weigh in go? I weigh myself whenever i find i am needing a little encouragement!

First week is done now, it will only get better from here!! :) xx

Day 7 ...100%.. Well today was my first weigh-in, totally estastic with a -11lbs loss ....brings me down to 13st. Makes the martyrdom worth it some how, especially when I was talking myself into eating some chicken just before I stepped into the pharmacy... Hahaha in my head I had been thinking of many ways to get out of this diet all day but it took a few seconds on the scales with that weight loss to put my head back in the game... So I'm on it week 2 here I come I'm gonna sprinkle a little exercise in there this week to speed things up a bit want to be of this by the end of the month so I want to get as far as possible before finishing it of at slimming world, so I'm not gonna say I won't moan like last week but I'll get what needs to be done. Thanks for dragging my butt through the week people mucho gracias.. More of the same for week 2. ?? xx

"MAKE TIME IN YOUR HEAD AND LIFE FOR IT, GET IT DONE NOBODY EVER GOT STRONG OR CHANGED BY TALKING ABOUT IT.... THEY DID IT"

Thats the right attitude to have!! I have also been pampering myself to try and feel human again!! Id say it works pretty well, especially when youre clothes start feeling loose!!

Good luck for your first weigh in though im sure you dont need it! :D xx

Back