Over 9st to lose but feeling determined!!!

Tonight's dinner
image-1359098953.jpg

hi nessa lovely to see you back doing great

im ok love ack on that diet wagon now well today had no internet all week was in a muddle lolol lolol

So went out for dinner tonight! Only gone into my weeklies by 11pp and had 3 courses!!
Mushrooms to start

image-773061009.jpg
image-4069915348.jpg

Got given this at my work we've had a great year so everyone got a box of these and a bottle of champagne
image-632230478.jpg

ohh lovely lasagne mmm:D

I'm thinking of switching to slimming world how does everyone find it?? Xx

I'm thinking of switching to slimming world how does everyone find it?? Xx

It's amazing. I've been following it from home (with the support of the lovely people on here!) since the middle of January and I can honestly say that it's feeling like *normal* now. I don't feel deprived, this is just the way I eat now.

I love to cook,fresh food from scratch - and that fits in with the thinking behind SW. Favourite recipes are quite easy to convert to the SW style - remove / massively reduce the fat, add in more veggies and lean protein and always have 1/3rd of your plate filled with non-starchy vegetables and / or fruit.

If you are more reliant on pre-prepared food - and especially if you find it hard to plan food in advance it might be harder to adpat to your lifestyle. Although there are plenty of branded foods that are good to eat on SW, they're not as easily identifiable as the WW points system is. But then, you don't have to spend your money on WW products either - if you buy fresh food, low fat meat, veggies and fruit you're not tied to any one "brand" or provider.

It's educating me to eat the things that are good for me. (And they taste amazing, so that helps!)

It's amazing. I've been following it from home (with the support of the lovely people on here!) since the middle of January and I can honestly say that it's feeling like *normal* now. I don't feel deprived, this is just the way I eat now. I love to cook,fresh food from scratch - and that fits in with the thinking behind SW. Favourite recipes are quite easy to convert to the SW style - remove / massively reduce the fat, add in more veggies and lean protein and always have 1/3rd of your plate filled with non-starchy vegetables and / or fruit. If you are more reliant on pre-prepared food - and especially if you find it hard to plan food in advance it might be harder to adpat to your lifestyle. Although there are plenty of branded foods that are good to eat on SW, they're not as easily identifiable as the WW points system is. But then, you don't have to spend your money on WW products either - if you buy fresh food, low fat meat, veggies and fruit you're not tied to any one "brand" or provider. It's educating me to eat the things that are good for me. (And they taste amazing, so that helps!)

Thanks so much for this how have u found your losses? Xx

Good luck, Nessa, whichever plan you settle on. I was less than a stone lighter than you when I started, so I know how daunting it can seem, but this is a great place for support. :) xx

Thanks so much for this how have u found your losses? Xx

Well this is the start of week 19 for me so it's been an average of 2.5lbs a week - but that was majorly boosted by losing almost a stone in the first week. I don't think that was a true result though, as the first time I weighed myself I was clothed and it was lunchtime. Now I weigh in first thing, naked :eek: So there's no way I lost 13.5lbs - that's a crazy amount :)

But anyway - I've cut and pasted the results from my spreadsheet so you can see.

STS
STS

Wow you are doing amazing well done xx

Wow you are doing amazing well done xx

Thank you :) I'm really starting to notice differences now - dropped a dress size and on the way to another I think and a couple of people have said they can see I've lost weight.

I think any plan works if it's something you can (and want to) stick to. SW is simply calorie counting but without the constant weighing and measuring. It is working for me and I would recommend it, but you need to find something you can stick to. There's loads of advice on here so I'm sure you'll find something that suits you :)

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Just done a big food shop online to be delivered tonight ready to start slimming world tomorrow after weigh in (I weigh in at home first thing in the morning)

I'm excited about starting a new challenge and being able to looks of cooking!! I'm going to batch cook a spag Bol tomorrow and a cottage pie so I've got some meals in the freezer. Xx

Awesome! It's a very satisfying feeling, especially if you've got only good things in and can't eat the naughty things without making an effort to physically go out the house for them.

Back