Overnight slowcooker pumpkin porridge

ANiceBitOfDust said:
Are the cans of pumpkin puree free? I can't find them on syns online

Just be sure not to buy the pumpkin pie filler stuff which has a huge amount of sugar into. I nearly did haha, you want to look for the 100% pumpkin stuff.

I just used normal oats as its all I had in. Will buy jumbo when they've gone.

I got the Libby's pumpkin purée, it has a pic of pumpkin pie on it but is pure pumpkin.

D'u mean steel cut oats? They're very different from jumbo oats!
Yep Libby's is the brand I get too. Now that we're in squash season there's no reason why we couldn't make our own and freeze! Something to think about :D

Just put another batch on ready for tomorrow. Didn't have any semi skimmed milk so just used skimmed. Yum yum!

Gonna add this to my 'to do' list for next week!! Been thinking about what I could have for breakfast now that the weather has turned cold...Thanks! x

Looked for the pumpkin in Asda today to not avail :(

Oooh nutmeg is a great idea! Hope you enjoy it!

Yum, just finished mine ( yes my kids get up well before 6 am) I had no berries so had a box ( kids packet) of sultanas and dried apple mixed through (2syns) and it was lovely. I might just chop apple through it tomorrow as it feels like a bit of a Halloween type breakfast with pumpkin and apple :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I put mine in the slow cooker last night & had it for breakfast this morning, very nice. But I used ordinary oats, that's what I had in & lots of them, & I found fresh pumpkin in Asda yesterday so used that & I don't like milk so used water, it doesn't sound like the original receipe now:cool: but I did enjoy it & so easy to make, definately doing this again.

Hi, just checking is the pumpkin free?? I got the same one in waitrose that honeyoc linked too, but when I put ingredients in the Syn calculater on sw it came up as 5 1/2 syns, thanks for any help x

It doesn't have a list of ingredients , just says solid pack pumpkin 100% natural, it's exactly the same as the one in picture, but nutrition value per 100g is energy 40kcal,protein 1.7g,carbs7.4,fat 0.4g, this came to 5 1/2 syns online :(,
Can anyone post a pic of the one they've brought please?? Thank you xxx

All foods have a syn value if you put it through the calculator. It's free. Pumpkin is free. I bought the Libby's one which honey linked to. It's fine.

Silly question but can you make this if you don't have a slow cooker? Like me :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just because it's that time of year again and to bring a decent recipient back to the "front lines" ....

Bump.. :)

Back