Overthinking Slimming World

I put off starting SW for a long time because the thought of red/green days baffled me! I had once followed WW and was in the 'points' system. However, I've not looked back with EE! It's been so good, not feeling deprived and have dropped 2 dress sizes in 4 months. I could be more disciplined but if I have an off day I find it easy to get back on track using the plan.

I put off starting SW for a long time because the thought of red/green days baffled me! I had once followed WW and was in the 'points' system. However, I've not looked back with EE! It's been so good, not feeling deprived and have dropped 2 dress sizes in 4 months. I could be more disciplined but if I have an off day I find it easy to get back on track using the plan.

I was the same as you, put off by red/green! My slimming world group is literally a 30 second walk from my house so I was tempted to join for years but put it off as didn't think the red/green would fit into my life.

Then I went along and discovered extra easy and it fit into life perfectly as its just healthy eating really! Now I do a lot of green days as I discovered I really don't eat much meat, so I neednt have been scared in the first place lol

I was the same as you, put off by red/green! My slimming world group is literally a 30 second walk from my house so I was tempted to join for years but put it off as didn't think the red/green would fit into my life.

Then I went along and discovered extra easy and it fit into life perfectly as its just healthy eating really! Now I do a lot of green days as I discovered I really don't eat much meat, so I neednt have been scared in the first place lol

I didn't know much about slimming world until I joined, so didn't know about red and green until then. But it was months, almost a year until I tried some green days and then a bit later some red as I didn't like the sound of them. I love all 3 plans, I don't know if I could have maintained just doing red and green though as it is harder to fit into family life day in day out. I once said if I'd joined slimming world before ee came out we would have become veggies and my boyfriend nearly had a heart attack so I don't know if we would have done lol

SuzyLee said:
Hi, sorry to be a pain but I'm am new to this site; what is a sticky thread? thanks x

Hi, I'm not really sure but my understanding is that a sticky thread is either a topic that is interesting to a lot of people like FAQ's or a topic that keeps re occurring and contains useful information xx

Pretty much, but it means that it is 'stuck' to the top of the board so it easy to find rather than slipping down the board like normal posts. On here all the stickies appear in a section above the main thread list :)

Definitely think that it can be so easy to overthink SW. I've done it for years and developed an eating disorder from getting too obsessed with it. Just have to follow the rules I guess, if it didn't work noone would do it.

Definitely think that it can be so easy to overthink SW. I've done it for years and developed an eating disorder from getting too obsessed with it. Just have to follow the rules I guess, if it didn't work noone would do it.

So true. We had someone at group last night who was "trying really hard" (her words) and wasn't losing as fast as she'd hoped. She'd reduced her portions, stopped eating syns, didn't always have her healthy extras and cut out fruit snacking. The consultant explained that she wasn't following the plans.

She was, in effect, overthinking it.

Just follow it - it really does work.

Back