Pants and double pants!!!

Oh you sacked him --- how brilliant is that :D

Always remember you're better off alone and happy!

xx

Alone...hmmm isnt that a scary word? (or is that just me:rolleyes:)

I am looking forward to the single life...especially as I kept in touch with a v sexy dubliner I met at a do one fine day, but had to turn down his dinner invite because I was in a relationship....I think once I have my head round the break up I might just accept (and OMG he is v v v fit and my own age, not the 10 years older than me the ex was:D)

And oh...I just managed to say ex without crying or wanting wine...yippppeeeee!

Nah, I think alone is good --- don't see it as scary. Time to be you and be as you want to be --- tis a good time.

Good on you --- you keep saying it and the easier for you it will get.

Hi Amanda,

Have to agree if you can get on track imediately I would try. You could treat yourself to something special instead like some new clothes or smellies as you defo deserve it. You now have an even better excuse, looking after you FIRST.

If it is any consolation I have been talking to my 21 daughter and she split with her boyfriend 2 weeks ago. She went clubbing last night and he was there telling every male in sight that she was an old slag and not to touch her with a barge pole, nice aint it. She is 5' 8" very slim and stunning. So it goes to show men will use any weapon they can to get back at you.

Needless to say she was hurt, but after a good chat she didnt let it bother her and it has only helped her get over him. The bastxxd.

So move on take the highroad and stuff him and love yourself, you are such a pretty girl;)

Hear Hear!

When that guy sees your daughter with a new man he will be GUTTED. He is just trying to save face with his mates, and to prevent any other guy going after her. Typical male ex behaviour, sadly.

Take it easy Amanda, be good to yourself and let the feelings out rather than stuff them down with food cos that will make you feel so much worse in the long run. And if you DO slip here and there, let it go. A slip is not a binge!

We are all thinking of you xx

Alone...hmmm isnt that a scary word? (or is that just me:rolleyes:)

Amanda you will never be alone as long as you log on here, there will always someone to pick you up and brush you down.

Loved it that you sacked him now that really made me smile:):):):):):)

Cheers blond
It is really stange (and I know it is unlikely to last), but I feel really really good...almost like I have me back, but then everyone who knows me constantly asks where "I" went because of the whole relationship.

The best analogy that I can come up with is this is how it must feel after having laser eye surgery...suddenly everything has clarity to it.
I am in work at the mo (where I always hide!) but at one point I was singing and dancing around my office cos a song came on that I like (dont worry, no one else is here to witness my lunacy!)

Have stayed on plan all day, sorted out my desk which was looking like a paper mountain and nipped to the shops to buy some new make up as I wanted some retail therapy. Was nice buying make up....I was always fairly high maintenence but in a nice way before him, but had reached the stage of rarely using make up lately.

Sorry to ramble on, but I really can't believe how positive I feel - it is like the phone ad - the future's bright!!!!!

Thanks for your support BTW - this site is just full of such nice people!

It's lovely to hear you sound so positive - really great to hear :)

Enjoy being you x

Thanks Katie

It has been nice to think today and have the space to do it. I have spoken to some of my real life friends who apart from all saying thank god, have promised to constantly remind me what he managed to do to me, about which they are completely right

I had a really abusive (physical and emotional) childhood, to the extent my dad served a lengthy prison term for what he did to us. I also managed (doh!) to get pregnant at 16, at which point everyone just thought my life was over and I was destined to be a council estate single breeding factory with multiple kids by multiple men - you know what I mean. I decided however, that that wasn't going to happen to me, and despite lacking family support, I decided that I was going to make something of myself and make sure that my child wanted for nothing in any way.

Anyway, I managed to stay at school, get all my GCSE's, straight A's at A level, did my law degree and went to Bar school....where I came in the top 10 and got a few prizes for it. I qualified as a barrister and very quickly had a massive practice and got loads of acolades for that. Then I started my own firm doing international law, which is growing day by day and is fairly sucessful. Along the way I got married to dad of baby number 1 and had another baby. Pretty good life really.
Then I met this idiot, thought I had fallen in love, and he managed to persuade me that I was fat, ugly, stupid and pretty worthless. There was also some violence and tons more manipulation. I turned to food and drink to hide and ended up pretty depressed. I was turning the corner at the end of autumn time, and then decided in Jan to get everything back on track. When I started LT I went through the whole diary thing, cried lots and decided I wanted my life back. Since the begining of Jan I have been trying to get rid of him and now finally done it.

I am also fast starting to look at my life and realise that actually, I have a fair bit going for me, and that I am not stupid or as unatrractive as he wanted me to believe, nor am I worthless, although I am overweight ;), but dealing with that!

So....I think that is why, after the initial shock of actually watching him pack up his car and get the hell out of my house (oh yeah, forgot that bit, the leech was actually living in my v nice house that I paid for!), that I am feeling fairly positive...I have chatted all day with my friends, who bless them have pointed out my good points and I feel like I am rediscovering me.....and so far, I quite like me!

You are a fighter lady!!! WEll done you for overcoming what sounds like some horrendous things in your life. <hugs>

Your ex - his name's not Fred is it? ;) SOunds an awful lot like my ex husband. Me, 9 stone. He: "I will be nice to you when you lose weight." Me: bite of nose to spite face and packed on loads of weight. Men. That bad ones. Who needs em.

I don't even know you and I am bluuudy proud of ya!

XX

Hey you are a credit to yourself, you're a very strong and focussed woman who deserves the best - and that sounds like losing him is for the best. You survived a hell of a lot very young and you deserve applauding for that, and if you can survive that you can easily survive what you're going through now.

Here's to a happy future for you :party0036: - cept it's a water only cheers :D

Awhhh thanks soooo much Blond.

He isn't a Fred, he is a Mark - shall we put them against the same wall and dispense with them?:rolleyes:

I would like to say men, bah, who needs 'em, but I will be talking to sexy irish guy later, so ummm erm clearly me!!!!

But I will say....emotional FW men, bah, who needs them!

Thanks Katie

It has been nice to think today and have the space to do it. I have spoken to some of my real life friends who apart from all saying thank god, have promised to constantly remind me what he managed to do to me, about which they are completely right

I had a really abusive (physical and emotional) childhood, to the extent my dad served a lengthy prison term for what he did to us. I also managed (doh!) to get pregnant at 16, at which point everyone just thought my life was over and I was destined to be a council estate single breeding factory with multiple kids by multiple men - you know what I mean. I decided however, that that wasn't going to happen to me, and despite lacking family support, I decided that I was going to make something of myself and make sure that my child wanted for nothing in any way.

Anyway, I managed to stay at school, get all my GCSE's, straight A's at A level, did my law degree and went to Bar school....where I came in the top 10 and got a few prizes for it. I qualified as a barrister and very quickly had a massive practice and got loads of acolades for that. Then I started my own firm doing international law, which is growing day by day and is fairly sucessful. Along the way I got married to dad of baby number 1 and had another baby. Pretty good life really.
Then I met this idiot, thought I had fallen in love, and he managed to persuade me that I was fat, ugly, stupid and pretty worthless. There was also some violence and tons more manipulation. I turned to food and drink to hide and ended up pretty depressed. I was turning the corner at the end of autumn time, and then decided in Jan to get everything back on track. When I started LT I went through the whole diary thing, cried lots and decided I wanted my life back. Since the begining of Jan I have been trying to get rid of him and now finally done it.

I am also fast starting to look at my life and realise that actually, I have a fair bit going for me, and that I am not stupid or as unatrractive as he wanted me to believe, nor am I worthless, although I am overweight ;), but dealing with that!

So....I think that is why, after the initial shock of actually watching him pack up his car and get the hell out of my house (oh yeah, forgot that bit, the leech was actually living in my v nice house that I paid for!), that I am feeling fairly positive...I have chatted all day with my friends, who bless them have pointed out my good points and I feel like I am rediscovering me.....and so far, I quite like me!

That is such a lovely story I am blubbin!!!!!! Ah TOTM :p

Well done for everything uve achieved, especially ur two gorgeous kids :)

Definately put him behind u, start afresh and you'll have a great time. There is nothing wrong with being single, just enjoy having time for yourself...

...And there will be "down days" but for every one of those, you will have lots more happy ones :D:D:D Here's to the future... and that gorgeous man who invited u 2 dinner hehe!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Katie - am raising my coffee to you.

Learnt a lesson last night - wine and ketosis dont mix!!!!!

Thanks Katie

Oh boy is this a strong woman speaking here!!!!...:party0038:

You ARE going to be FINE. You ARE fine right NOW!!!!!....:D:D:D

LOVED the post about sacking him!!!!!!! Way to go girl!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

That is such a lovely story I am blubbin!!!!!! Ah TOTM :p

Well done for everything uve achieved, especially ur two gorgeous kids :)

Definately put him behind u, start afresh and you'll have a great time. There is nothing wrong with being single, just enjoy having time for yourself...

...And there will be "down days" but for every one of those, you will have lots more happy ones :D:D:D Here's to the future... and that gorgeous man who invited u 2 dinner hehe!! :rolleyes:

Thanks sweetie...LOL at the TOTM comment!

Trust me - he is gone and there is no way he is coming back (despite all the grovelling texts!)

I know the bad days will come...and I know I will be on here or moaning to my mates, and probably crying myself silly; but as one of my mates said today...I just have to remember every night I cried myself to sleep when we were together.

As for single life...you know what I can't wait. I met my hubby when I was 14 and went straight from that to this, so I have never been single...am all excited!!!!!:D

Thanks Isis....I am feeling the fire in my belly again today that I used to get me through uni etc.

Am sat here doing the management accounts and re-writing the business plan so I can get work even more rockin this year. More profits = more holidays and lots of new clothes....yipppppeeeee. The only way is up!:)

Thanks sweetie...LOL at the TOTM comment!

Trust me - he is gone and there is no way he is coming back (despite all the grovelling texts!)

I know the bad days will come...and I know I will be on here or moaning to my mates, and probably crying myself silly; but as one of my mates said today...I just have to remember every night I cried myself to sleep when we were together.

As for single life...you know what I can't wait. I met my hubby when I was 14 and went straight from that to this, so I have never been single...am all excited!!!!!:D

Oooooooh the fun is only just beginning for you honey!!!! Just a suggestion if things get too intense with texts.....switch your ruddy mobile off if at all possible!!! I know from experience how wearing emotionally that can be at first. I am at the stage now where I can see the texts come in and delete them without even needing to read them:D

Thanks Isis....I am feeling the fire in my belly again today that I used to get me through uni etc.

Am sat here doing the management accounts and re-writing the business plan so I can get work even more rockin this year. More profits = more holidays and lots of new clothes....yipppppeeeee. The only way is up!:)

:party0023::happy036::bliss::character00255::party0048::party0011::party0049:

Last edited:

Amanda
You are an amazing woman. thank you for your story it puts things in perspective for me.
I know the weightloss will be a doddle for you.
T

Back