Partners knowing your weight

I don't think I would say my weight in front of my OH! The reason I'd be embarrassed is because he is a LOT taller than me and I'm heavier than him. I don't think he knows that himself though so I'd rather he didn't find out. Maybe I won't feel so ashamed when I'm at target.

I was honestly surprised at the responses.

My hubby is my best friend and there is literally nothing about me he doesn't know. He loves me regardless and in fairness, he's a man! He has no idea what 190lbs really means and he wouldn't care to go and find out either. I weigh more than him and he's about a foot taller than me but I've never thought anything of it and I wouldn't feel embarassed about declaring it in front of him or to anyone else for that matter. He's seen me butt naked millions of times so I'm pretty sure he knows where my lumps and bumps are and that I'm not a size 10 :)

Nope!! I'm very cagey about my weight and about 6 stone heavier than when I met oh 3 years ago. I am 21 weeks pregnant and even though I had to stand on the scales at my booking appointment and I had a dietitian referral he doesn't know. He doesn't care either, seems I am the only one bothered!!

My OH now knows my weight. As does my mum now (only cos we go to class together) but I've spent my whole life keeping it a secret.

When I was in year 6 at primary school, we had to do a project about bodies and we all had to write our weight and height on the blackboard and it was up there for the duration of the project (couple of weeks?). I was the last person to weigh myself because I was so nervous about it as I knew I was the biggest in my class. I remember I left it until the teacher told me to get on with it, I remember everyone crowding round the scales like a was a freak-show! I also remember I was 8stone which now seems like nothing! I went to a really sporty primary school so most of my class mates were quite athletic where as I liked baking ;-). I'm nearly 30 now and that's still one of my experiences I look back and think how unpleasant it was for me and probably a little damaging given I'm very secretive about my weight.

My parents had to write their height and weight for their life insurance and as my dad's BMI was higher than their threshold he didn't qualify for income protection. When you're doing things like that you don't really think it will matter but it really does and really could happen to you. He was off work for 10 months but luckily his work agreed to pay him as they knew he wasn't going to survive. A few weeks after he died I remember freaking out at our financial advisors office about whether his life insurance was valid either (probably sounds callous but I couldn't afford the mortgage repayments at the time and was terrified of Mum having the house repossessed - it was all fine but read your small print!

My oh knows my weight now.
But never ever would I have told him before. I think I had lost about 3/4 stone when I eventually told him. Ive lost almost 8 stone now and still have 3ish to go. I only told him because it was easier than trying to hide it. I didnt even mention when I got my club ten.. ti anyone. . In case people worked it out. But yeah.. he knows now and im not bothered anymore.

My oh knows my weight because I was proud when I got to target last year after losing over 3 stone and then when I got pregnant I told him every week what I weighed because I ended up with 4 stone to lose then and I needed his support after I had my daughter.

I still tell him each week what I weigh and I even discuss it in front of his parents!

I don't care who knows my weight! I love showing my picture of me at my start of the SW plan. My wife has always known my weight & I know her's, I find that it's an incentive to want to succeed!

I've never told my OH my weight and I don't plan on telling him until I'm at target. I tell him how much I lose each week but that's all. I don't know his weight either, I like that little bit of mystery haha! I think I'm just worried that I'd be heavier than him, though I don't think I am. Also, he and I went out for dinner with my Dad a couple of weeks ago and it was the first time they had met each other. I hadn't seen my Dad in about 3 years and during dinner he commented that I'd lost weight and asked me how much I weigh. I refused to tell him so he guessed that I weighed 11.5 stone!! I laughed, thanked him and decided that I will never reveal my weight to anyone because I don't want to see the look on peoples face!

This is a really interesting thread. Before SW I kept my weight secret from my other half (who is really supportive) and I think as a result, I was kidding him by making out I was lighter than I actually was, which in turn meant I was kidding myself! When I finally weighed in for the first time, I came home and was brutally honest about how much I weighed. Since losing weight, being able to tell people what I really weigh now has been such a relief xxx

I had lost 2st before I met my husband I think I would have been mortified to tell him I was 16.5st but since we met I've bounced between 14 and 15st. We have to have appointments at the hospital for fertility so he knows my weight now and is great about it, he was very sick for a year and a half and was underweight and was so embarrassed to have me know what he weighted so it goes to show there are lots of sides to embarrassing weight. I think as I get older I care less about people knowing these things about me as long as I'm not kidding myself anymore :)

My partner is the most caring supportive bloke I could wish for, but I'd be mortified if he knew my weight. I can't wait for the day I have the courage to tell him my starting weight, hopefully when I get out of the 20's i'll feel confident enough to do it at last!

Im sure he wont bat an eye lid, but psychologically its a big ghing for me as ive never told anyone my weight. Daft as it sounds it's the reason I took so long to join SW as I was so scared of someone else knowing my weight!

I'm the same as Cheese Thief, I know my OH wouldn't care about what my weight is but I still see it as a private thing. It's more of a self esteem issue than anything else I guess. I don't even know his weight and don't/won't ever need to. x

I think my hubby would be supportive but I would hate to tell him!!! Mainly because it makes me feel disappointed in myself and its embarrassing. But I dont think its the nunbers that matter its how you feel, and he will love the changes as much as he loves you now if he is anything like my DH. So im probably never going to say and I think thats fine :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

My husband does not know my weight guess it has never come up however I know I would be embarrassed to tell him as I feel ashamed of how I have let myself go:cry:

Mine knows and really couldn't give a monkeys, if someone asks i will tell them (i generally round up so i say about 13/14st etc) because it's not like they can't tell anyway!
Being such a shortie, it's really obvious that i am overweight, so not really worth hiding it. x

My husband does not know my weight guess it has never come up however I know I would be embarrassed to tell him as I feel ashamed of how I have let myself go:cry:

Don't be ashamed, you are still human no matter what weight you are. I bet he couldn't give a monkeys what you weigh, we all have a lot more to us than just our weight.. he loves you for a reason x

Back