Paul's Diary - Im Back To Recreate My Past Successes on CD - AGAIN !!

well done hun! look at ur losses! want to see pics! =] xx

54311jm.gif

Well done Paul on your fantastic weight loss!!!

It won't be long until you are feeling that the XL is getting too big for you:)

Love Mini xxx

Hi Paul, just been reading your diray with interest. You have done brilliantly so far. I was a bit like you when I started that I would see how it went for a month and then decide whether to carry on. So glad I started the diet as I would never have been able to imagine losing so much weight in such space of time. I think your goal needs to be your decision, but there is nothing stopping you having a break from it for your hols, and then getting back into it when you return if you decide you want to lose some more. Its all about being comfortable with yourself, rather than a number on the scales that we can so easily become obsessed with. Keep up the good work, and let us see some piccies!!!

Well done Paul - you've done fantastically!

Maybe you should just keep an open mind about your extended goal. I'm in a similar boat (with just over 8stone to lose to get me to a healthy BMI) however i've set an initial target of 13 stone as i'm finding it difficult to imagine losing all 8 stone iykwim? But once i get to 13 stone i'm prepared to re-assess how i look & more importantly feel then make a decision regarding those last 3 stone.

Best wishes x

End week 14 - down to 16 st 12 lbs.

Well it is Wednesday 14 May, and it is the end of week 14. I havent blogged in this diary, it seems like, for ages. Since my last WI entry on here (23/04/08) I have lost 10 lbs, as I am now 16st 12lbs. It is becoming a bit hard these days with someone bringing in loads of doughnuts to work the other day just because it was National Doughnut Week :eek: And the smell of a BBQ wafting through the window all day at work from outside :eek:
I actually, am looking forward to eating when I go away on holiday for a week, even though Im not going to go mad, I will eat what I want :eat: (and what Ive been missing whilst on CD.) I must admit, Im thinking more of getting down to 14ST rather than 16ST ! Cant wait. I also went back to wrestling training this past Saturday and was fine doing it. Fantastic ! :D What A Year So Far ...
1. I have so far lost an amazing 4 st 5 lbs (It is amazing for me), going from 21 st 3 lbs down to 16 st 12, and I am determined to keep going until I hit 14 st, (excluding my weeks holiday.)

2. I can now buy T-shirts in some "normal" clothes stores.
3. I actually went back to wrestling training this past weekend which is an amazing feat for me, I have been waiting for this for ages and is one of the reasons that I went on this diet.
4. When before I started this diet I couldnt even imagine being 16st, now I can actually see myself getting to 14 ST !!

With doing this, it would be great to inspire other people to do The Cambridge Diet and to help other people to achieve their weight-loss goals, and I would love to share my experiences with other people, so when I have finished this journey I shall build a website detailing my whole journey in the hope of inspiring other people.

well done you are doing really great and the positive mental attitude really helps spur you on

Enjoy your holiday

You're doing so well, keep it up!

For anyone "thinking" about doing Cambridge Diet - hopefully some inspiration. Long

I am writing this as I am so happy that I started on the Cambridge Diet journey as just over 3 months down the line and I have almost lost 5 stone. I am hoping that this message may give a little bit of inspiration to any people that are still thinking about doing the CD Diet, cos I know that I spent a few weeks (about 3 or 4 weeks) thinking about it. My main arguments were: Would I be able to handle living off shakes ? Especially after all the food Im used to eating ? How am I going to fit the diet around my (social) life ? I had all these thoughts and feelings going through my head before I started. Im not going to lie, there have been a few lows but a lot more highs. Day 2 and 3 on the diet were like hell, so much so I nearly quit there and then ... but Im so glad I didnt. Im now just over 3 months in and its become (almost) a way of life, Im not even hungry between the shakes, Im actually enjoying them. The times I am hungry I drink water (Yes, it really does work!)I am so pleased with this transformation, that I have decided to extend my goal. I am going to keep going until I hit 14 stone - thats 2 st 6 lbs to go. Ive got to the point now that Im not bothered if someone is sitting next to me eating, although if they are eating chinese, they are pushing it :D I really want to become a Cambridge Diet Counsellor (CDC) at the end of this, although financially Im not sure Id be able to but I would just love to help people get to their goal weight. This has been such a life changing journey for me already and it hasnt finished yet, I just want to help other people with it. Anyway, Im not used to writing anything inspirational, but I hope a little insight into my Cambridge Diet Journey has shined just a little bit of light (and inspiration) and has helped you to decide if this is the diet for you. It certainly has been and still is for me. Please feel free to check out my online diary below. Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Im gonna go now because as you can see, I just cant say enough about this amazing diet. :D

Fantastic Paul, you are a true inspiration!! Keep up your good work and your updates. I love to read about other people's successes - keeps me motivated:D. Look at how you've changed your life around:worthy:.

Keep us posted!

nerve-wracking week, 1st goal met, new goal planned & clothes.

This is going to be a nerve-wracking week, as I am not doing the Cambridge Diet this week as I am on holiday. Going to be eating normal food, but healthily :eek:. Im too worries because I know that after my holiday I will be able to get straight back on the diet and set my sights on my new goal of 14 stones. Its going to be a nerving week, eating food again and just hoping I dont put on that much weight although like Ive just said, Im going back on the diet afterwards so.... thats OK. Speaking of goals, my original goal was to be either 16 stone or in the 16 stone range - I am pleased to say that today I weigh in at 16 st 4 - I HAVE MET MY FIRST GOAL !!! :party0023: So I have now set a new goal which will start on Monday 9th June, when I get back from my holiday, and that new goal is to get to 14 stones.
On another positive note, clothes sizes, before I started this diet my T-shirt/shirt sizes were 5XL :eek: but I am now very pleased and very proud to say I am now XL. A single XL ! Meaning I can now buy my t-shirts/shirts in "normal" shops and I can almost buy my trousers in "normal" shops as well, in fact a couple of shops do 1 or 2 trousers in my size already but I will be very pleased when I can get into all trousers in "normal" shops. So, this week, although I am going to keep an eye on things, Im going to take my CDC's advice, and enjoy my holiday and dont worry too much about CD whilst Im away, after all its only 1 week and then Ill be back on it. Oh, and on a side note, I tried 6 pairs of jeans on today which I could even get into before as they were too small for me. Well, I still cannot wear them but this time it is because they are too big !!! :D

Hi paul hope you have a fab holiday. Congrats on your weight loss again sounds like your well in the cd zone. well done on the clothes to its a fab feeling isnt it

becky xx

Im still here ! Half a year on CD - Finding it difficult lately.

Well, this is the first blog Ive done on here since 31st May. My life has just been so hectic lately. With trying to re-new my mortgage (nightmare!), the news of my girlfriend being pregnant (Im gonna be a Daddy for the 1st time, I can't wait!) Unfortunately I have been off and on the diet like a yoyo. Im finding it very difficult to stick to at the moment because Ive got so much on my mind. Anyway, weight-wise, I was down to 15st 7 but as of today, 16 August I am 15st 12, which although I have gained a bit, Im happy that I am still below 16 stones. My goal now is to get to 14 stones. I know I can do it if I just stick to the diet. Easier said than done nowadays. Saying that, on 3rd September I am going away for a week to Blackpool, so I want to lose as much as I can again for then, although now Im finding it much more easier to find clothes that fit me than I did when I first started this diet - I can now shop in the shops for clothes. Just think, when I started this I was 21 st 3 now, just 6 months later I am 15st 12lbs, and feeling great about it. My aspirations of being a CDC may be stamped out though as Ive been told by my CDC that to get to the BMI you have to be at to be a CDC I will need to get down to 11 stone. I do not want to go that low as I will look ill, so we'll have to see what they say. I cant stop thinking of what a difference this diet has made to me. For one I can now walk my dog for about 2 hours and still feel fine afterwards whereas before I was having trouble walking to the end of the road. I really do need to get my head back into CD to enable me to get down to 14 stones. I know I have said this before, but hopefully Ill be updating this blog more regularly again in the hopes that it will get me motivated again because I know before, just reading the replies I got in this blog from other people and all the encouragement I got kept me motivated ... and I feel I definately need the motivation again.

Hi Paul:D

Sooo know how you feel. Have been faffing about since i came back from hols. Can't really get into completely but am still losing weight albeit slowly. The first time is really easy but once you've come off it for a bit and have had the freedom of eating you really need strength of mind to get back into it!! It's not even that i'm hungry i am just bored bored bored of the restriction:sigh: so am going to move up to higher plan to get the last 10lbs or so off.

Good luck with the rest of your journey!!:D

well done paul

OMG ! That'll Teach Me !!

A few days ago it was my 30th birthday so naturally I was off the diet for it. My thoughts were Id be off the diet for this one day then back on the diet until my holiday (Blackpool 3rd Sept until 10 sept) However, for my birthday I got a massive fantastic cake, which could not and *will not* go to waste :eek: However, because of this, I then thought Id stay off the diet all the way until I come back from holiday. The day before my birthday I weighed 15 st 3. This morning, to my horror I weighed 15st 13 :eek: :eek: :eek: !!! 10 LBS gain in a matter of 3 days !!! Looking back, I think I went back to my old ways in those 3 days, just pigging out on anything and everything. I can forgive myself about doing it on my birthday 'cos that was part of my plan. SO I have now decided to go back on the diet until I go to Blackpool, and then be careful at Blackpool (Last time I went away to Pontins in Hemsby I only gained half a pound so Im hoping to do that again!) Ive realised that I have not yet got into the habit of stopping eating when Im full. :sigh:Need to get used to that when I do eat. Im going to stay on SS+ until I get to my goal of 14st, just in case this happens again when I do start going up the plans.

Hi Paul, I am just like you - gain so much so quickly. I think you are probably doing the right thing by getting back on the diet and then being careful on holiday as if you are anything like me, the break will just be an excuse to pig out and undo your hard work.

I hope you have a good holiday and the gain isn't so bad when you get back x

Back