Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

Goodness me, it's like I've forgotten I live here, my page is gathering dust!!

0.5 off for me this week. It's off so I'm happy!!

Not so much clean eating this week. I had a run in with a bottle of vodka on Saturday and James has been off work so it's all gone a bit Pete tong.

Back on it tomorrow (over night oats are already in the fridge), also considering going to a HIIT fitness class locally.

Unsurprisingly babysitting might cause issues and OH works horrendous hours but we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Absolutely right...its off its off

Yeah youve been MIA for a while, as long as you are well is what's important

Hey DIR, hope you're doing well? I'll pop over to your diary later to have a nose.

I've got a 'fitbug' activity watch. It monitors my steps, sleep, general activity and nutrition. Now, this clearly works in calories, not syns, so I have been doing a bit of both!!

I've stuck within syns but have entered my food into the app anyway just to see what it's telling me.

Basically, what I always knew, my portions are too big. Well...half of my plate is usually speed but I'm 'supposed' to have. A palm full of protein, a handful of carb and two handfuls of super free (according to the calorie thingymajiggy) I actually probably have those proportions but twice as much. Which may explain some of my rogue gains when I have been 'on plan'.

I'm not going to change what I'm doing as that wouldn't be slimming world (and I'm doing enough exercise to burn off the extra bit) BUT I am going to try to be mindful of it!!

On that note.... I got my bronze award for body magic last night!!!! 45 minutes of exercise over three days a week!! Now I do more exercise than that but I want to build through all the awards so I'm really pleased to have gotten my first one!! Won't get the shiny till group on Monday though.

Attachments

• image-1616920073.jpg
    image-1616920073.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 35
Hey DIR, hope you're doing well? I'll pop over to your diary later to have a nose.

I've got a 'fitbug' activity watch. It monitors my steps, sleep, general activity and nutrition. Now, this clearly works in calories, not syns, so I have been doing a bit of both!!

I've stuck within syns but have entered my food into the app anyway just to see what it's telling me.

Basically, what I always knew, my portions are too big. Well...half of my plate is usually speed but I'm 'supposed' to have. A palm full of protein, a handful of carb and two handfuls of super free (according to the calorie thingymajiggy) I actually probably have those proportions but twice as much. Which may explain some of my rogue gains when I have been 'on plan'.

I'm not going to change what I'm doing as that wouldn't be slimming world (and I'm doing enough exercise to burn off the extra bit) BUT I am going to try to be mindful of it!!

On that note.... I got my bronze award for body magic last night!!!! 45 minutes of exercise over three days a week!! Now I do more exercise than that but I want to build through all the awards so I'm really pleased to have gotten my first one!! Won't get the shiny till group on Monday though.

Congratulation Allm Round,

For you body magic i need to take a leaf from your book and get more active.

Well Done on trying the counting calories, at the end off the day everyones body reacts differently and sometimes try and error will get us the results we need.

YOu have learnt so much already, sugar and portion control that will result in a complete lifestyle change and hopefully one to stay.

The main thing with losing weight is 80% Diet and 20% exercise = loss.

Your doing it all, you must feeling great generally and you will be at goal in no time :)

What i will always take forward from SW is the SYNS if we all bare this in mind we will avoid large weight gain in the long term. I now know I can have a 2 glasses of wine and loads off chocolate...hehehe

Keep it Up

Thanks lovie.

Yeah I am feeling great at the moment. I've started HIIT classes this week so not sure if ill get a loss whilst my body adapts. I just need to be okay with that.

I also need to be good even though James is off work today, he's truly terrible for going off track on days off. I just need to have my own mind and not do the same!!!!

Jess - you shouldn't see much of a gain because of exercise.
Maybe just a bit of water retention if you drink lots of water after the exercise - but it shouln't be that big really.
You've already been doing a fair bit of exercise so unless you are doing serious weight training to put on lots of muscle then the gain should be neglible.

Interesting Pom!

I used to always gain when I exercised but I think that's because I always allowed myself treats because I'd been working out and therefore making the workout pointless

This time I'm eating well and exercising so we'll see what the scales say tomorrow!

I really do hope you're right and I'm in for a loss

Told you that you wouldn't gain!
Well done chica.
DIR said "The main thing with losing weight is 80% Diet and 20% exercise = loss."
I would say it's more like 90% Diet and 10% exercise = loss. In fact I didn't exercise at all (I can't - too arthritic now).
Exercise tones your body and makes you look better - but it won't do that much in terms of loss unfortunately!
Sorry - that sounds really negative - I don't mean it to and I do not want you to stop exercising.
It's good for the body and mind!

Well Done !

Things are definitely on the up for you...keep it up :)

2lbs off the week!!! That's 1lb away from the next stone zone and my stone award.

I'm off to Malta on Sunday so won't be weighing in. Hoping I can stay on track though. Be a shame to ruin all my hard work!!! Xx

Off to my HIIT class once I've gotten the little one to bed. Last one before holiday!

I'm going to fake WI tomorrow to keep me on track and send my consultant the results

Hoping to be in the 12s which would be a lovely boost!

On holiday I'm all inclusive so fingers crossed I can still enjoy myself but by eating the right things!!

Back