PET'S CORNER - for all those with furry friends..

hes on heart tablets and asperin to try to break up the clot. his legs are completly useless at the moment, but the vet says it can be anything up to 2 weeks before anything happens. we just have to take it one day at a time. hes on new tablets as from tomorrow which the vet is hoping may increase the circulation. he did say however that although the main artery is blocked the body can find another vein and re route the blood supply to the affected part. so heres hoping.
he hasnt eaten anything today apart from a few mouthfuls at breakfast but he has drunk water 3 times, ive got him some special food from the vets for poorly cats, which i can mix into a paste, warm up and feed him with a dropper. hes asleep now, stretched right out about 3 foot long on his duvet. its diet night tonight, so hes been moved from the dining room, and hubby is cat sitting with him in the lounge.
keep everything crossed for him please.
XXX

devonbabe said:
ohh and hes booked in for another assessment on thursday
and his brother is having his heart checked too, same litter so he may have the same problem that we are unaware of

And fingers crossed that Tango is ok!
love

The easiest way to do it is to put your pics on to photobox or some other webpage - I use my iblog - then you can just copy and paste them.
If you have trouble - email them to me and I'll post them for you, hun - have you still got my email address?

My super little Yorkie Wee Nellie. She has a problem with her knees (luxating patella's?). this was taken when we climbed Kinder Scout. I got this photo published in a book about dogs.

DSCF0061a.jpg

And my ball mad rescue Maggie

magsball.jpg

Doc my old man. He is 16 this year and struggles sometimes. Our lovely vet James gives him "something to make him feel better" from time to time. I need some of that.

2006_0224_docman_tripod_0065a.jpg

Our baby cat Sid (Psycho Sid) now aged 6. He has the most amazing blue eyes. He is totally deaf but that doesn't stop him doing ANYTHING.

2005_0915sid-on-gate-0021e.jpg

Zoe is a Dales Pony one of Englands native breeds sadly they are in decline with less than 300 registered breeding mares left :(.

2006_0710_birthday_riding_0006e6.jpg

Laura - how lucky are you to have so many gorgeous furry friends??
I used to have two white cats - Sven and Erik - Sven had the most amazing blue eyes and was stone deaf - bless him. Erik had one blue eye and one brown eye and was the most intelligent cat I've ever known. I miss them both still!
love

Awwwwwww cheb what beautiful babies. I have to say my first thought was ........eeeeeeeek all that dog hair....yorkies don't moult :D.
They are so cute though. I love NF's. (they are NF's aren't they?:eek: )
Wouldn't want to put one in my back pack and carry it up Kinder though lol.

thanks Issy for posting Jacobs photo. XXXXX yeh i actually mananged to post the pic myself..blimmin heck, im getting good wiv this ere putor malarky!!

Jacob, is on his new tablets today, and asperin, he ate some breakfast and has managed to have a drink of water by himself.

last night i was worried he haddnt peed all day, even though there is paper on the floor there was no wet patches. so i bought some litter, and put on the paper on the floor ( cant use a litter box as he cant get in it) anyway. i put the litter on the paper, put jacob on the litter, shuffled the litter with my hand, he smelt it. i proppd him up, and he fell over so i propped him up again, rubbed his tummy to encourage him, and he peed. he looked quite releived afterwards. im sure he was holing it in, cause hes such a clean cat, and has never messed in the house. i think he was worried about where to pee and poo.

any way...did the same again this morning, and he peed when i put him on the litter. so hes got the idea now

last night we all watched tv together, Jacob on the sofa, and at bedtime, i said 'bedtime!!' like i usually do, he looked up, and usually he would have chirrupped and raced me to the bedroom, last night i said 'bedtime!!' he looked up and i carried him into his bed

this morning, he ate some breakfast. its the special feed for poorly cats i got from the vet yesterday. he wont take it off the plate but i have to hold it on my fingers and he eats it off me.

i had to take mum to the hospital this morning...its all poorly sick people here. she had to have a bone density scan, and when we got home. hubby has left a little note to say that Jacob had got up, and somehow got to the other side of the room and had propped himself up on 3 legs with one leg trailing behind, and was drinking water from the bowl all by himself. when i got home he had crawled into the kitchen and wa lying on the floor. i guess it was cooler there for him to lie on the floor rather than on his duvet

so..another day..more pills...lots of love and plenty of sleep, and see what tomorrow brings
xxxx

well, hes been asleep all afternoon...typical cat!!
hes had another drink, i woke him up and propped him up, and he drank a fair amount, so at least hes getting some fliud into him. ive never seen him drink so much. im really worried about his legs..theyre just so limp and useless.
xxx

Back