Pickles Hypno Gastric Band Therapy

Hello all - just thought I'd add my story - as motivation / another experience.
I went for hypnoband therapy approx 12 weeks ago and have since lost 1 and a 1/2 stone !
I have at least another 10 stone to go - but one step at a time!
I have to say:
I dont feel as if I'm on a diet
I dont have the same cravings ( I did O/D on cadbury's x 1 but - hey - that would normally be a daily occurance!)
I have joined a Gym - at a size 28 I would never have thought this possible !
12 weeks down the line (actually only 6 weeks - post having it fitted) and I have never felt so positive about losing weight!
I have tried everything. weight watchers/ slimming world/ shakes/ even toyed with lighter life for a bit! But eventually tried this - and I have to say it's the best thing I have done !
If you're considering it - research who is doing it - dont go for cheapest or done in a weekend malarky - have a good look around - then Do It !

Hi Roopsadaisy, another person this is working for!!! for all the skeptical people out there its good to come across others that have had it done and seeing the results from it. I researched a lot into gastric mind bands and then looked into finding hypnotherapists local to me, then I narrowed it down to those who could do the GMB then read their testamonials, the lady who hypnotised me was qualified in all sorts of alternative therapy and also works for Cruise bereavement as a councellor. I totally agree with the "I dont feel like I am on a diet" because thats the way it feels to me, like I am a "normal" person who just eats what I fancy when I fancy it, the difference is now I dont fancy crappy junk fatty foods!!! I am not too worried about the vitimins because I am eating so much healthier foods, also having a lot of Quorn products and fruit and veg, so think I am actually becoming more healthier on the inside too!! I suppose most days I take on around 1000-1200 cals, I eat porridge for breakfast and some days I eat it for lunch or dinner as its what I fancy at the time lol. Chuffy hope you got on ok at the party last night, I am sure you did.

afternoon :) welcome roopsydaisy ,glad to see another on board :)
I have gone down another kilo this morning so well happy, that is a stone in over 2.5 weeks , I did well at the party, I had some carrot sticks with dip and that was it lmao they were passing round all sorts of little cakes and kept getting told to try it and I just kept on saying No, I did have a few to drinks and cant believe I resisted the cakes whilst a tad merry im amazed !! I have been having porridge for brekkie too but can not eat much as I find it very filling, Im eating plenty of fruit and veg and chicken Im still trying to get my head around how this is working but its starting to sink in that it really is..I used to go to the gym but gave up 2 years ago as I had kidney stones, I loved it but I cant bring myself to go back through the doors at the moment, Im hoping when I have lost another stone I might have the confidence to do it, I am a size 26/28 and want to lose approx 6 stone or there abouts

Well done at the party last night, although really dont need to congratulate you because thats something that someone probably said to you when you were on "diets", today I felt more hungrier than normal, my period is late - no not pregnant but going through an early menopause (I am 42) and they are all over the place, this though would normally be a time I would be binge eating and stuffing chocolate like there was no tomorrow down my throat so at least I am not doing that anymore lol, instead I had some granary bread with tuna mayo and then felt stuffed.

I am a size 20 and have come down in the last two years from a size 26, my total weight loss is 4 stones and over the last two years I have yo yo dieted, I am a member of Virgin Active but have not been since July, frozen my membership for financial reasons until Feb now but will go back as I love spin body combat and aqua classes. Im off to my mums birthday meal tonight and I know everyone will be looking to see how much I eat lol.

thats a great weight loss and it dosnt matter how long it takes as it is all going in the right direction ,Ive not told too many people about having this done, I want to wait and see how it goes first, Ive been on every single diet known since I was about 8 years old and they have never worked, the most I ever lost was 4 stone about 16 years ago and since then its been a few on a few off ,my other half is fantastic and really supportive ,Ive only told him ,my mum and my best friend, dont want to get the " shes failed again " reaction which Ive had from further a field over the years but ive really got a good feeling this time, I think its because of the mind set and dealing with the past too as until you talk things through with a therapist about why you are over weight you will always turn to food for comfort but I dont need comfort any more as all my issues are well in the past...good luck tonight :)

I think what some of you are saying is so true - you really need to have the confidence with your therapist to be able to talk through your eating issues and deal with them appropriately - we all know to lose weight you must eat less and move more ! But, when it's been a crap day at work or you have your period or things dont go to plan - then Cadbury's is all too easy to fall back on - or crisps or whatever the comfort food of choice happens to be.
I think until you are in the right place at the right time you dont actually get the motivation to do something about it - and let me tell you walking into a gym surrounded by 'hard bodies' at a size 28 is not for the faint hearted. But stuff them - this is for me not for anyone else and lets face it. Turn your i-pod up loud enough - you cant hear a thing !
Good luck and best wishes to everyone who has tried this.
Seems to me that those who have, managed to find the thing that works for them. Long may it continue!

Still have no battery in my scales so have not weighed since Last week and although I am itching to know how much more I have lost, part of me is actually happy not to know as my clothes are literally falling off of me now!!! I am going to Butlins this weekend on a adult only 80s weekend with my friends, I will be drinking ALOT lol but have no issues and worries about going away like ive done in the past as I know now that I will be ok because I am confident and happy in myself and will make the right choices regarding food, unless i get that drunk I end up eating a Burger King lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway my friend has lent me a beautiful top to wear and its a size 16 and guess what???? it only bloody fits me perfect, now I have not been a size 16 in about 15 years, I am so over the moon. xxx

Hi ,thats great news about the clothes :) when you start seeing for yourself how great you are doing it gives you such a boost dosnt it, you sound so confident about this and Im really pleased its working for you...Im still losing ,it has been 3 weeks today since having the band fitted and I have lost a stone and a half,my clothes are starting to feel loose too and Im going to treat myself to a new top in the week,Im normally a 26/28 so it will be interesting to see what size I will need, I had a lot to drink last weekend at a leaving do and there was all sorts of food on offer all night, sooo tempting as a rule but I didnt bat an eye at it and managed to get through the night without even worrying about going off the rails as I would have done before when on a diet , Have a fab weekend and make sure you report back to let me know how it went lol

Hi Ladies and well done so far. Could you tell me where abouts your therapists are based and how much they charge? I'm looking for someone good in the north west.

Hi Molly, mine is in the South and , she charged £240.00 for all the sessions...4 in total, my weight is still coming off and I have my last session tomorrow

Hi, was just wondering how everyone was getting on since the last post in November? Thinking of having this done and would love to hear how everyone got on over Christmas. Thanks.

I didnt do that well over christmas, well food wise I was much better, but I drank far too much instead lol. I gained 6lbs, I feel though that I have gotten a bit out of control with food again recently and did contemplate going back for more hypnosis, but instead I am going to join the new WW propoints plan and hope that with a weekly public weigh in, it will get me back on track.. Still do not drink Coke and my skin contact phobia has been cured, just been chosing the wrong foods again :-(

Back