Please help me...

Well done! 4lbs is excellent! Don't get yourself down about it - you can definitely lose it! I'm in a similar boat; I started at 17 stone 2lbs, and I need to lose about 7 stone from that. At the moment I'm just aiming to lose 4, because that's how much I'd lost when I fell off the wagon and "threw myself down the stairs" and gained back almost everything I'd lost. Once I get there I will change my target as it will be "virgin ground", so to speak. I've not been under 13 stone since I was in high school! It's scary and intimidating, trying to change your body, but it will be worth it. Don't beat yourself up if you do slip up - that's where the stairs thing comes in. Look at eating sensibly and healthily in the same way as you would look at walking up the stairs; if you trip or stumble on the stairs you don't think "well I've tripped now, I might just as well throw myself down the rest of the flight", you think "whoops! Be careful! I'll try not to do that again" and carry on as before. If you slip up with what you are eating, just say to yourself "whoops! It's done now, I'll try not to do that again" and carry on as you were. It doesn't need to be the beginning of the end, it's just a stumble and you are still doing amazingly well. Well done for biting the bullet and going to group. Just making the decision to be a healthier, more conscious person is a massive step, and arguably the hardest.
We're always here for support if you need us x

Wow wirik, I've just read your message. What a great analogy and such kind words. Thank you x

well done poppet xxx

Don't be daft :) we all have down days and days where we can't see the point, I'm dreadful for it myself! Sometimes we all need reminding that we've done well, and having stuff put back into perspective for us. Hope things are looking a bit brighter for you now x

Hi

If you think 7 stone is a lot to lose, I need to lose 14 so I'm twice as far away from my goal as you. I've lost 4 1/2 stone so far and 3 years ago when I first started Slimming World, I felt the same way.

I left last year after being humiliated in my local group by the consultant and I decided I could do it myself. As it happened I lost a stone on my own then at the start of this year I decided to really try and I lost another stone and a half. I rejoined Slimming World for the 6th time and in 3 1/2 months I've lost 2 stone and am very near my club 10 and 2 1/2 stone award.

At first I couldn't get my head round eating unlimited pasta and potatoes but it really does work. All you have to do is stop eating when you are full and if you feel hungry between meals, have a free food snack like fruit or yogurts or boiled eggs.

It really does work and you really can lose weight while eating lots and the Slimming World motto is losing weight and NEVER going hungry. I think you need to shake of the guilt culture that has been ingrained on you by a very judgmental society that shuns bigger people even though about 40% of people are overweight.

If you can't do this for yourself at the moment, do it for your kids and keep going to the groups where you will learn that you are wonderful and deserve love NOW, not when you have lost all your weight in the future. You need to learn to love yourself again and I did it by reading a book by Louise Hay called you can heal your life.

It's not for everyone but I found it inspirational and it helped me get through severe grief after losing someone very close to my heart.

I would suggest keep posting on here and letting people know how you feel and how you are doing and just follow the plan and not worrying about eating too much. Eat until you are full then stop and you will lose weight I PROMISE you! I once had Slimming World chips for a full week and ate LOADS of pasta and I lost 6lbs!!! It can be done, I'm living proof of that so just go for it, be brilliant and know that people love you <3

I think the key thing is planning ahead.. when I slip up its because I havent organised myself!! Keep some low syn snacks with yo at all times :) xx

I think the advice here is phenomenal xx i can only re tell u the advice given but SW definitely works x i love the fact it becomes part of your life. Its not a diet its a way of life that works xx i find having kids that meals done in slow cooker are brill xx even ones meant for hob i sometimes do in slow cooker for saving time in an afternoon, just prepare your ingredients & chuck em in lol xx if u havent got one i would definitely recommend u put one on your xmas list :) always on ere most days if u wanna chat xx

Sorry to hear you where feeling so down about your weight why don't you maybe start and plan what you going to have to eat the night before and think like will that fill you will you want to pick after then wrote down your treats syns I always keep them for night times that seems to keep me going threw the day like something to look forward to .. Good to hear you went back to class am sure you will have a fab week :)

If you have a friendly doctor see if they can give you a free 12 week referral for SW, dont wait until its too late, it took 2 strokes, high blood pressure, T2 diabetes & a 6 month life span to shock me to do something!
IT WAS THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN TO ME
I have lost 7 stone & all my symptoms have now gone, I feel fitter, full of life, eat healthy foods.
GO FOR IT!
Pete

If you have a friendly doctor see if they can give you a free 12 week referral for SW, dont wait until its too late, it took 2 strokes, high blood pressure, T2 diabetes & a 6 month life span to shock me to do something!
IT WAS THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN TO ME
I have lost 7 stone & all my symptoms have now gone, I feel fitter, full of life, eat healthy foods.
GO FOR IT!
Pete

Thats really good to hear x SW is a great way of life x

Wow, I've just seen all of the replies here. What lovely messages and such positivity. It fills me with real determination and hope. I don't feel as despairing as I did....I do have my moments! I've also just been diagnosed with a fatty liver on top of the hiatal hernia and gastritis I was diagnosed with earlier this year. These things have scared the life out of me and having to take daily meds for the reflux caused by the hernia is so sad when I know that if I lost weight I probably wouldn't have reflux.

I have lost 11 pounds so far.....doesn't seem like much in the time it's taken but I do still find it a struggle, I still feel like I'm fighting the plan and not accepting it and trusting it! I think I need to try to take a week and trust 100% and see what happens. I need to take that leap. Until I do I think I will keep struggling with the plan. I must admit I have missed the last couple of meetings as I started to get down about my 'lack' of progress! I did take the plunge and spoke to my consultant today and she reassured me and I am going. To go back. As I have missed my usual meeting this week I will go to a different meeting she runs tomorrow night. I'm dreading the damage I've done over the last week or so but I need to face it and move on.

Thank you once again for your support and I'm pleased to see how many others are helped by the lovely comments and advice given here. Here's to a good week! X

Wow bilsat....what a story and a huge inspiration! Well done on turning everything around and it is so good to hear how much better you feel :)

Wow, I've just seen all of the replies here. What lovely messages and such positivity. It fills me with real determination and hope. I don't feel as despairing as I did....I do have my moments! I've also just been diagnosed with a fatty liver on top of the hiatal hernia and gastritis I was diagnosed with earlier this year. These things have scared the life out of me and having to take daily meds for the reflux caused by the hernia is so sad when I know that if I lost weight I probably wouldn't have reflux.

I have lost 11 pounds so far.....doesn't seem like much in the time it's taken but I do still find it a struggle, I still feel like I'm fighting the plan and not accepting it and trusting it! I think I need to try to take a week and trust 100% and see what happens. I need to take that leap. Until I do I think I will keep struggling with the plan. I must admit I have missed the last couple of meetings as I started to get down about my 'lack' of progress! I did take the plunge and spoke to my consultant today and she reassured me and I am going. To go back. As I have missed my usual meeting this week I will go to a different meeting she runs tomorrow night. I'm dreading the damage I've done over the last week or so but I need to face it and move on.

Thank you once again for your support and I'm pleased to see how many others are helped by the lovely comments and advice given here. Here's to a good week! X

Well done on your weight loss so far and 11lbd in around 7 weeks is a good start xx I know its hard to go to group sometimes when you know you have mucked up a bit but taking that step helps you stay on track and focus better xx Plus you may even be pleasantly surprised and not have done as bad as you first thought.
I had a bad day sunday where I ate a lot of food that I shouldn't have but despite that I have still lost a pound. Keep going and you will get there. Slow and steady wins the race xxx

Back