Post pics of dinners/meals for ideas!!

Awesome photos Caroline! I had chickpeas from the Indian Takeaway the other day instead of my usual choice - couldn't believe how nice they were :)

Lunch Today!
IMG_0371.jpg

Mauritian Red Lentils (273) over Tilda Wholegrain Basmati (211) with a said of Chili Tomato Salad (32)

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread!! So much yummy food to look at :)

scaled.php

Ok, so not strictly my dinner but I just wanted to post this picture of my multi-coloured veg tart. It may look strange but it sure tastes yum and has good nutritionals too :)

For a quarter of the tart it's
153 cals
25 carbs
3 fat
10 protein
11 fibre
8 sugar (Don't know where that comes from, everything seems to have sugar in it!)

may i please have ur recipe?

scaled.php

Ok, so not strictly my dinner but I just wanted to post this picture of my multi-coloured veg tart. It may look strange but it sure tastes yum and has good nutritionals too :)

For a quarter of the tart it's
153 cals
25 carbs
3 fat
10 protein
11 fibre
8 sugar (Don't know where that comes from, everything seems to have sugar in it!)

Here's the recipe for the multicoloured tart:

Crust:
600g butternut squash(This was a small bnut squash for me)
I just chopped in half, scraped seeds out, cooked in microwave face down in a Pyrex on high for c. 10 mins.
Then I scooped out the flesh and pressed it into a flan/quich/pie tin with a loose bottom case so it made a pie crust.
Put it in the oven on about 150'Cish and just let it dry out for a bit. I'm not sure quite how long but a fair while. I did this while I was chopping the stuff for the filling and still had a bit to wait at the end.

Filling:
Now obviously this was all measured beacuse I put it in a recipe calculator on mfp but just put in what you have!
60g onion
100g cauliflower
300g aubergine
140g courgette
100g spinach
15ml soya milk (obviously can use normal milk but it won't be vegan)
2 cloves garlic minced
275g tofu (This time I used the hard one but in the past I have used a box of the mori-nu silken soft one and used about 10g of cornflower just so that it thickens up when cooking)

-Sautee the onions and garlic until just soft. (I do this in 1cal spray)
-Chop you courgettes thinnly (I use my mandolin but obvs can be done with a knife) put them in a colander and salt them (as you would aubergines - again not strictly necessary but a lot of water does come out of them and I'm not sure if it would make the tart soggy if you didn't do this)
-Wilt the spinach however you like and squeeze as much water out as you can.
-Cut aubergine in half, cook in microwave for c.8 mins the same way as the bnut sqush (again might produce a lot of liquid so try and drain this off)
- Scape out the aubergine flesh and put it along with the spinach and tofu in a bowl and blend them together, or you can do this in the food processer. Season this much stuff. If you use hard tofu you probably have to add a bit of liquid, hence me adding the soya milk. Will be the texture of thick yoghurt, inbetween normal and greek i'd say. season this mixture appropriately with salt and peppr

- When the pie case is dehydrated take it out of the oven.
-Put cauliflower florets in the bottom sprinkl some onion garlic mixture on top, pour some of the tofu spinach aubergine mixture in.
- Dry the courgettes and try and scrape off the salt with some paper towels and layer them in (leave a few off for the top). Put the rest of the onion garlic mix in then pour the rest of the tofu mix on top.
-Decorate with more slices of courgette.

- Put back in the oven at about 180ish I guess (I forgot to check) for about 30 minutes (I think I dont know you'll have to check I do it by looking) until it seems firm and set. Take it out. Cool it down, eat!

Sorry this post is so long. Obviously you don't have to follow this exactly, this is just what I did. You can just make the crust, put whatever vegetables in, wizz up some tofu, pour it on top and bake. that's the simple version.

I change it everytime I make it just putting in whatever I have.

Seabass supper

Hi
Here's a meal I make once a week as a treat, usually at the weekends. I sometimes leave out the potatoes depending on my other food intake that day.

Seabass fillets 250 cals
Flat mushroom 11 cals
Asparagus 7 spears 28 cals
Weighwatchers mature cheddar 43 cals
Cherry tomato and onion homemade salsa with balsamico 74
lambs lettuce 100grams 15 cals

Total 421 cals
with 200g new baby potatoes 571 cals

Attachments

• fish tea.jpg
    fish tea.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 453
That looks really yum! Well I don't like fish, but everything else does :)

I will start taking photo's of my food as of tomorrow and will post on here. A new start for me on CC tomorrow.... I am on a mission.

Nice photo's so far everyone x

hi 2 u all am starting calorie counting tomorow realy looking forward to it as i have not been able eto loose with weght watchers hope you dont mind me just buttin in welll done to u all x

Frattata with Mushroom, Cheese & Tomato

Whole 8inch frattata - 306 cals

2 eggs (beaten with Salt, Pepper, Tarragon or parsley)
1/2 large flat mushroom (diced)
1/2 medium zuccini (diced)
1/2 small red onion (diced)
40g low fat grated cheese
2 cherry tomatoes (thinly sliced)
optional - nutritional yeast flakes (for extra cheesy flavour)

Method
Spray a small baking dish or cast iron frying pan with a little olive oil spray and sauté the vegetables for 5 to 10 minutes over a medium heat.

Beat the eggs together with seasonings and herbs and pour over vegetables.

Top with more seasoning if wished, grated cheese and sliced tomato. Put into the oven for 5/10 minutes to brown. You could also finish it off under a grill.

Tip - for extra cheesy flavour mix 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast flakes with the grated cheese for the topping. They're good for you and have very few calories.

Attachments

• Frattata.jpg
    Frattata.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 328
Mmmm looks really tasty. Gonna start uploading stuff on here...

No pics, and not really a recipe but the most satisfying thing i've eaten since i've been watching my weight has to be the following:

Chicken tikka massala in the plastic tubs (286 cals from the takeaway section at asda)

served on a bed of rocket instead of rice with a ww garlic and corriander mini naan (155 cals and delicious)!

Probably not the best when it comes to fat content, but was so satisfying as I was craving indian and a crappy ww curry just wouldnt do! not bad for less than 450 cals and the rocket really bulks it up and taste fantastic drenched in tikka massala! mmmmm....

Aubergine Pizza

Not the prettiest picture but:

Take an aubergine and slice longways then place on a baking tray, spray with frylight and grill for 3 minutes each side.

When aubergine is soft, smear a spoonful of passata ( I use waitrose passata with onion and garlic) over each slice.

Top with a little cheese (I used 30g strong cheddar and a sprinkling of Parmesan) put back under the grill until cheese melts.

You could use mozzarella and add any toppings you liked. My version worked out to around 250 calories.

image-3186633670.jpg

image-2446330988.jpg

293 cals for my tofu, soya bean and basil meal. May seem calorific but very filling, super quick to make and really yummy.
1/2 pack marinaded tofu
50g frozen soya beans, boiled
2tsp ginger
Handful of fresh basil chopped
1tbsp soya sauce or less
1 green chilli, minced (optional)

Dry fry tofu with ginger for a minute until warm through (if you like your tofu crispier cook for longer being careful not to burn it), add boiled and drained soya beans and cook for a further minute. Add chilli and soya sauce and stir and cook for another minute. Take off heat and stir in chopped basil leaves and serve.

Back