+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Just eaten the leftovers from the curry I made on sat. Seriously good (if I do say so myself!)

I made Tadka Dhal, Sag Aloo and hot chicken curry served with boiled rice. For the entire plate there was 1/2 syn for some Schwartz spice mix for Sag Aloo ( used half pack - 4 servings).

It felt like a real treat and I'll definitely make it again, great if you had people over, you can make loads of it and it tasted even better after a couple days. :)

Attachments

• curry2.jpg
    curry2.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 2,240
That curry looks fantastic. I'm loving all these photos!

mmm some of you are such a Jamie oliver in the kitchen lol
Ive had a busy few days so just stuck to my curry and omelette but they are getting better the more I do them!

By the way, I thought quorn burgers were free??

Picture3015-2.jpg

Picture3014-2.jpg

Last edited:
spag bol for tea tonight i can't wait :p

spag bol - free :D

Picture3016.jpg

ive never had mince with jacket pot before... is it nice?

I think so - you could use some of your bolognese topping on a jacket, that would be good :) or turn it into a chilli by adding kidney beans and chilli powder :D

I'm getting so many great ideas from this thread. Thanks. I'll have to dig out my camera and start snapping my meals.

x

the only thing i find hard is cooking for the family my 2 yr old cant eat the same as me my other half is trying to put on weight so cooking in our house is 3 different meals bloody tiring and the meals take ages to cook

Mmmm - breakfast!

Easy peasy and filling breakfast. 1 fried egg in frylight (with fresh cracked pepper) Small tin beans and 2 slices bread - HEB

Blimey... I LOVE SW!

Attachments

• swbrekkie.jpg
    swbrekkie.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 1,534
my chicken cake ( chicken sausage meat, bacon & cheese) free on a red day (~cheese hexa~)

served up with roasted veg

020.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

Last edited:
Yum yum!! Is there a recipe for the chicken cake anywhere? It looks gorgeous!

Nigella's Turkey Steaks with Gherkins and Dill

This is soooo tasty and perfect for SW! I served it with steamed (and then grilled) asparagus and baby corn tossed in 1/3 of a pack of Schwartz mediterranean veg mix (4 syns for whole sachet).

Ingredients:
5 anchovy fillets, drained
Turkey - quick cook steaks (however many you want!)
4-5 small gherkins (depending on how much you like them!), chopped
small handful of fresh dill
chicken bovril

Method:
  1. Saute the anchovies in a large frying pan until they start to 'melt' - try and distribute them around the pan.
  2. Add the turkey steaks to the pain and cook over medium/high heat until cooked through and starting to go golden. Remove and set aside.
  3. Add the gherkins to the pan and saute for a couple of minutes.
  4. Mix 1/2 tsp of chicken bovril with a little water (about 100ml). Pour this into the pan to deglaze it. Boil until the stock has reduced and thickened. Pour over the turkey steaks and scatter with dill.

Attachments

• IMG_3331.JPG
    IMG_3331.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,251
Stacey - that looks delish!

Laurie - Will go and have a look now, definitely one to make :)

simple fresh and very tasty.

fat free fromage frais and fresh raspberries with a little sweetner, yummmmmy.

Attachments

• CIMG0022.jpg
    CIMG0022.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 1,101
Back