Pregnancy and Slimming World

Yeah I've just signed up for the boot's parenting club, you get a free changing bag when u buy a pack of nappies, looks really nice, will let you know when I get mine

Hey guys :) Not joining the mummy club just yet but want to congratulate you all! And also want to say the Boots changing bag is fab! My sister got one when she was expecting her daughter, it's lovely and simple, roomy too :) xxx

Where is my bump??? I have no idea when my stomach is going to pop out but I'm so impatient! I look exactly the same at 7 + 3 as I did on day 1! Humpf :(

Be patient...your bump will come :) 7 weeks in and I wasn't showing at all but suddenly went pop at about 14 weeks.
20 weeks now and showing loads. Nothing to do with not following SW and eating too much bread, honest!

Congratulations on the blue bump Laws! :) I am team yellow - scan tomorrow though, and am going to resist finding out (unless it's really obvious, which I believe it can be sometimes!)

For the first time this pregnancy I feel CACK!!! My own fault, let myself get really hungry and went out without eating.

Oh the joys of pregnancy :sigh:

Welcome to my world Alia, i've felt like that for the last 5 weeks, it's rubbish isn't it? Am hoping it may be near the end!

Been to midwife today and I have slight protein in my water, having googled it (bad idea!) I think it is because I am dehydrated as haven't drank much today so all other appointments I will make sure I am guzzling the water down!

Be patient...your bump will come :) 7 weeks in and I wasn't showing at all but suddenly went pop at about 14 weeks.
20 weeks now and showing loads. Nothing to do with not following SW and eating too much bread, honest!

Congratulations on the blue bump Laws! :) I am team yellow - scan tomorrow though, and am going to resist finding out (unless it's really obvious, which I believe it can be sometimes!)

Awww Hellie I didn't know you were pregnant, congratulations!! I'll try to be patient but it's hard lol. DH keeps asking if I'm really pregnant.

SW has gone out the window for me I'm afraid :( just been eating whatever I want. I just can't stomach any protein or veg at the moment which sucks big time! I'm eating small quantities but not SW food, I'm still the same weight so fingers crossed I won't do too much damage. Sigh.... I can't wait for this bit to be over :wave_cry:

I had my first midwife appointment today - same one I had with Haydar - she's lovely, never had a problem with her, my issues start once I head off to the hospital.

I'll be having a scan in the next couple of weeks, here you get the first one at 10 weeks so that will be exciting.

Honey sorry to hear you are feeling crappy, hope it stops for you soon, usually by 12 weeks it starts to settle down - I'm still doing ok but my oh my do my boobies hurt (*) (*)
xxx

I tried to stay here for a while, but I was sooo off track that I didn't feel right posting. It's only now that I'm eating 'normally' again (it's only lack of willpower stopping me!!) that I felt brave enough to pop my head above the parapet!
I know what you mean about it not feeling real, especially for the man. It's weird, but it's only since yesterday's fabulous scan that I have actually felt like it's really happening. It's so exciting now...and there's so much to do!

I was completely the same until about 10 weeks - couldn't eat meat, veg or fruit and lived off toast and pizza pretty much...but in small quantities! You're doing well not to have gained so far. Grazing is absolutely the key and just acknowledge that you'll need to eat whatever you need to in order to feel better. The baby will take what it needs nutritionally from your system...think about healthier eating again when you feel better...it'll come :)
x

Awww Hellie I didn't know you were pregnant, congratulations!! I'll try to be patient but it's hard lol. DH keeps asking if I'm really pregnant.

SW has gone out the window for me I'm afraid :( just been eating whatever I want. I just can't stomach any protein or veg at the moment which sucks big time! I'm eating small quantities but not SW food, I'm still the same weight so fingers crossed I won't do too much damage. Sigh.... I can't wait for this bit to be over :wave_cry:

oh i am so glad i found this thread i'm 13 weeks 6 days, baby number 8. i started off well sticking to plan but had really bad bloating which i suppose put me off, so slowly slipped off plan even though i'm still cooking my fav sw meals but takeaways have crept in etc, having real tierdness issues and to start with completly went off fruit.
whats given me a wake up call was the fact iv got huge bump already but had scan on tuesday and even though the lady was nice and didnt say anything on my scan report it said..
difficult scan due to patient habitus.
i wasnt quite sure what this meant so i googled it and basicly it means because i'm fat well thats how iv taken it anyway and its really upset me.
so i really need to get back on plan and i think i'm going to need lots of support.
started well today though i'v already prepared dinner for tonight.
congratulations on all your baby bump girls xx

Hi all, just wanted to say Congraulations to you all!
How are you all feeling?
I remember when I was pregnant with Daughter, try as I might, I could not stick to SW plan at all. The thought of eating fruit and veg alone was enough to cause the nausea to start!
It wasnt until the last few weeks of pregnancy that I was able to eat reasonably healthy again and Daughter was fine!
Hubby and I have discussed trying again in October, so I may be joining this part soon..fingers crossed!

xxx

oh i am so glad i found this thread i'm 13 weeks 6 days, baby number 8. i started off well sticking to plan but had really bad bloating which i suppose put me off, so slowly slipped off plan even though i'm still cooking my fav sw meals but takeaways have crept in etc, having real tierdness issues and to start with completly went off fruit.
whats given me a wake up call was the fact iv got huge bump already but had scan on tuesday and even though the lady was nice and didnt say anything on my scan report it said..
difficult scan due to patient habitus.
i wasnt quite sure what this meant so i googled it and basicly it means because i'm fat well thats how iv taken it anyway and its really upset me.
so i really need to get back on plan and i think i'm going to need lots of support.
started well today though i'v already prepared dinner for tonight.
congratulations on all your baby bump girls xx

Congratulations on your pregnancy - wow baby no 8 and I thought I was mad on baby no 7. I was determined to stick to plan through my pregany as I want to continue losing but last week was totally off track cause I feel so rubbish - I'm not being sick but feeling sick constantly, totally exhausted cause I can't sleep and my skin is itching like it's on fire - oh the things we ladies put ourselves through lol.

I understand where you are coming from with your scan, I always have that written on mine cause I'm fat and they usually tell me that, not just write it down and I'm made to feel like I'm a second class citizen - not going to happen this time, I'll deffinately say something x

Hi all, just wanted to say Congraulations to you all!
How are you all feeling?
I remember when I was pregnant with Daughter, try as I might, I could not stick to SW plan at all. The thought of eating fruit and veg alone was enough to cause the nausea to start!
It wasnt until the last few weeks of pregnancy that I was able to eat reasonably healthy again and Daughter was fine!
Hubby and I have discussed trying again in October, so I may be joining this part soon..fingers crossed!

xxx

Fingers crossed hun, look forward to having you here xxx

my skin is itching like it's on fire - oh the things we ladies put ourselves through lol.

Sorry to butt in but have you told your midwife this? Severe all over itching can be a sign of something going on with your liver (I remember that from my last pregnancy!)

Congratulations to everyone else. I'm a new one on this board. Tested on Friday and then again yesterday! :)

hi guys hows it going im 22 weeks now - not gained any weight yet so im pleased with that im assuming i am actually loosing since u gain 1-1.5lb a week from 20 weeks im just maintaining now. staying on track quite well 6 weigh ins and one day when i went over 15 syns but thenstayed syn free for the next four days to compensate. got a busy month on 18th off too london to watch whoopi goldberg in sister act then my 30th birthday on 22nd - when im having a pudding party - when i will totally not follow the plan but i intend to go syn free from a week before the 18th then have what i want in london then again form few days before the 22nd

Hello Ladies,
Was doing pretty well until found out I was in the club. Now it's just whatever I can stomach when I feel hungry, and that's pretty much every five minutes or I start to feel really sick. Joy.
Guess I can do damage control and get back to SW once the hormones settle a bit.
Number 1 for me by the way so still at the excited/nervous/am I really pregnant stage.

just to say hi and congratulations to you all. i am about six weeks along and really excited (it's my first). i am a target member but intend to be sensible and try and stick to plan so i have less to loose.

Hi all I have been off the SW wagon since I found out I was pregnant but I am rejoining my old class asap . I am 31 weeks at the moment so I'm in the final stretch .

hi ladies, just thought I'd stop by and see how every one is doing - I'm just over 11 weeks now and feeling rough as rough can be. Not being sick but feeling sick 24/7 and it's really not funny.

Trying really hard to stick to plan but it's so difficult when you are feeling sick and having to eat every hour and half to two hours to stop myself from feeling even worse - still I can only try and am still losing albeit a lot more slowly than before.

Hope every one is doing ok, see we have some new yummy mummys to be on here, nice to have you join us x

Back