Pregnant & Fat

blossom102

Silver Member
As the title says really! I've always been a little overweight, and although I probably should have lost weight before becoming pregnant I really struggled with trying to conceive, it took us a year to conceive and although that isn't long in the world of fertility it really did feel like forever, in this time Me and my partner got made redundant and had to move in with my mum to save money.
Other half managed to find a really good job, he loves it, being made redundant was the best thing to ever happen to him.
Me on the other hand got made redundant and found out I was pregnant, then suffered severe morning sickness, so along with comfort eating I ate anything that I could keep down and grabbed the nearest convenience food, not to mention my family live on fast food!!!! I plan to move out before baby gets here in March. I'm only just feeling well enough now to eat foods I'd normally eat (home cooking, spag bol,roast dinners etc)

I don't know what damage I've done in regards to weight gain, I just know I've gone from a size 12/14 to a 16/18 in a very short space of time, I will weigh in the morning just as guidance, im not planning on doing slimmingworld to lose a ton of weight, I just want to be healthy for myself and baby, if I manage to lose weight it will be a bonus and this will be the healthiest way to do it.

Because my weight has always got me down in terrified that I will give birth and be so so depressed with how I look, and how ruined my body is,that it will outshine the joy and love I feel for my little girl. I also just feel complete yuck, I suffer terrible acid reflux because of my diet and I'm constantly bloated and windy, I remember how much better and more energetic I felt on slimming world when I done it a few years ago.
I won't be going to the meetings as the money would be more beneficial in my pocket atm, so I will be doing it from home along with swimming a few times a week.
As you'll see from my previous posts over the years I've really struggled to keep a diet going since I lost 3/4 stone on SW about 5 years ago and have promised myself I'd change, not give up this time etc and then failed miserably, but I genuinely can't keep giving up anymore, I'm the biggest I've ever been and I'm genuinely terrified I won't like who I am anymore, I've stopped taking photos of myself, won't even want to take pictures of my bump when it comes in properly as I feel people will think I just look fat and not pregnant etc plus I'm a great cook, I want to be able to make healthy meals for my baby girl, purée my home cooking, not get jar food or bring her up on nuggets and smiley faces!!!

Enough ranting I guess, will update daily.im 16 weeks pregnant if anyone wondered or wanted to join me in my journey :) :)

Today's diary

Breakfast
muesli (HEB) & semi skimmed milk (HEA) with strawberries.

Lunch
Strawberries, watermelon, sugar free jelly and mullet light (free) it doesn't sound a lot but I haven't had much of an appetite today.

Dinner
Spaghetti bol made the slimmingworld way with two slices of wholemeal bread 800g (HEB & 5 syns)

My other HEA has been used for milk in my tea (no sugar) other drinks include sugar free squash (free)! And a Diet Coke (free)

OH has a bag of goodies, thorntons short cake squares, thorntons brownie squares and crisps, so may have a little something later with my remaining 10 syns!

Day 2
Weight : 14st11lbs
So I finally weighed, and I'm definitely the heaviest I've ever been •sobs•
But on a plus note I've nearly completed my second day of sticking within my syns (it's been a long time since that happened even for a day) I'm aware I probably should have posted this in slimmingworld food diaries. But since I will be updating my weigh loss/ gain weekly I guess it doesn't really matter?

Haven't been particularly active today, I've lounged around and apart from popping to the shops to grab dinner I haven't really moved, I've had lots of back/tummy/stretchy type aches and I've felt quite sickly.

Breakfast - beans on toast (HEB)

Lunch - overnight oats with chopped strawberries (HEB)

Dinner - made campfire stew (found the recipe on here) with slimmingworld chips -FREE

Syns - had 2 thorntons squares and a bag of tomato snaps - 12.5 syns

Drinks - used HEA for milk in tea (I've drank a lot of tea) & a zero calorie Fanta.

Hi there Blossom. Saw your post on another page and thought I'd swing by and say hello.
I go up and down like a yoyo but unfortunately it's been mainly up over the past couple of years! I'm here to lose about 4 stones (again) and to make a few friends along the way.
Hope you have a good week! Pop in and say hi if you're passing :)

Hi there skinny dawn
Thankyou and I will definitely pop along to your thread when I get the chance! Have you been around here long?? It used to be so busy, my previous account I set up around 8 years ago, and this website used to be heaving! Such a shame it's so so quiet now?! Where did everyone go!!

As for today I've had a bit of a bad day,food wise it wasn't horrendous or anything, on the pregnant front I've just had such a sickly day, felt sick all day and absolutely exhausted, I've been meaning to go swimming and just can't find the motivation to clean the house let alone swim it's vile!

Breakfast - chicken on toast (HEB)

Lunch - big bowl of muesli, didn't check that it could be used as a healthy extra but realised half way through it defo contained sugar! So most likely not a HEB so 12.5 syns OOPS!!!!!

Dinner - jacket potato with salad and pineapple low fat cottage cheese, had two tsp's of butter, 4syns.
Taking my total syns for the day to 16.5
Will aim for a better day tomorrow! Xx

Oh I've been here quite a while lol. I think I started my diary in 2011! Like you say, it used to be so busy! It was a 2hour job just getting round everyone's diaries! Let alone looking at recipes etc! I think quite a few have gone to another site but I kinda feel some loyalty for minis. It's odd as just about everyone I knew has gone, and I made some wonderful friends here. Hopefully I can do the same again...but my goodness it's slow!!!

Bit of a shocker about that cereal! Some things LOOK so healthy then turn out to be anything but! At least you didn't blow too many syns and still managed to have a nice dinner.

When I was pregnant all I ate was Frosties! Morning, noon and night lol! No wonder I gained so much weight with each pregnancy! :oops:

Have a great day tomorrow! Xx

Hey dawn!
Yes it's very slow, I don't think you could come on here to ask for syn values as you'd of starved by the time anyone replies ha ha
But it's nice to keep a diary on here and like you I also feel a loyalty!
I've been quite lucky in regards to cravings, haven't really craved anything in all honesty. I think unless it's branflakes or weetAbix I'll stay away from now on lol
Xx

Today's food.

Breakfast - onion,mushroom,cheese and bean omelette with fry light and two 800g wholemeal bread (HEA & 2 HEB)

Lunch - didn't really fancy anything as I've got a killer headache and not feeling the best so a cuppa tea, with snaps & a thorntons square (9 syns)

Dinner- will be having beef goulash with rice -FREE

Will update if I use anymore syns! Xx

Hi Blosson x
Sorry about the late post...still on nights. You're right about starving to death here waiting for a reply lol! SW is still one of the biggest slimming clubs going and yet hardly anyone replies lol :(

I hope your headache settled down and didn't give you too much trouble. I imagine the Thorntons square helped ... purely medical of course ;):pxx

Hey Hun how did your night shift go?

My day got worse,it's strange but it's like I knew it would, I woke up yesterday thinking "I'm struggling today" and was really proud of myself when I got to dinner time without going over my syns or eating something I shouldn't. I'd made a beef goulash / stroganoff type dish, and it was ready to serve with boiled potatoes, So I waited until 10pm so that I could have dinner with the other half as that's when he gets in from work. Well he hated it! It was my own fault really, he hates stew, and since winters coming and I'm a huge stew fan my meals have been getting closer and closer to resembling stew lol so id completely gone off my dinner by that point despite being completely starving, and I couldn't sit there and eat my dinner after him coming home to a dinner he didn't like after a really long day at work,so I ended up ordering him a Chinese, he had crispy chilli beef and chips, and I just settled for a Diet Coke myself and I pinched a few chips, by bedtime I was completely fed up and wanted chocolate, so ended up having 2 bars of Galaxy, a good 220calories each, so 11 syns per bar
It could have gone worse I suppose, I could have ended up having a Chinese and chocolate! instead I sat dribbling over his food,slow eating a few chips I'd pinch every now and then.
So I'm feeling a little glum today, a bit of a failure,I know I'm pregnant and shouldn't be so hard on myself, but in all honesty my eating habits are the same as they've always been! So I kind of feel blaming baby would be a massive excuse!
Woke up this morning and went straight to the chocolate cupboard, though "F*ck it, I've ruined it now anyway" but I didn't, instead I made cheesy beans on toast with my HEA & HEB and a sugary (sweeteners) cuppa tea.

Will see what today brings I guess! Xx

Hey Hun how did your night shift go?

My day got worse,it's strange but it's like I knew it would, I woke up yesterday thinking "I'm struggling today" and was really proud of myself when I got to dinner time without going over my syns or eating something I shouldn't. I'd made a beef goulash / stroganoff type dish, and it was ready to serve with boiled potatoes, So I waited until 10pm so that I could have dinner with the other half as that's when he gets in from work. Well he hated it! It was my own fault really, he hates stew, and since winters coming and I'm a huge stew fan my meals have been getting closer and closer to resembling stew lol so id completely gone off my dinner by that point despite being completely starving, and I couldn't sit there and eat my dinner after him coming home to a dinner he didn't like after a really long day at work,so I ended up ordering him a Chinese, he had crispy chilli beef and chips, and I just settled for a Diet Coke myself and I pinched a few chips, by bedtime I was completely fed up and wanted chocolate, so ended up having 2 bars of Galaxy, a good 220calories each, so 11 syns per bar
It could have gone worse I suppose, I could have ended up having a Chinese and chocolate! instead I sat dribbling over his food,slow eating a few chips I'd pinch every now and then.
So I'm feeling a little glum today, a bit of a failure,I know I'm pregnant and shouldn't be so hard on myself, but in all honesty my eating habits are the same as they've always been! So I kind of feel blaming baby would be a massive excuse!
Woke up this morning and went straight to the chocolate cupboard, though "F*ck it, I've ruined it now anyway" but I didn't, instead I made cheesy beans on toast with my HEA & HEB and a sugary (sweeteners) cuppa tea.

Will see what today brings I guess! Xx
Aww Blossom I'm so sorry you had such a rotten day :(
I know you think you failed diet wise but there are so many positives in your post!
You DIDNT order yourself a great big curry and chips!
You ONLY stole a few from the OH!
You had a DIET coke!
You had chocolate BUT you took the time to check the calories and SYNNED it!

So NO, your eating habits are NOT the same as they've always been. You remained in full control, limited the naughty stuff to a minimum, and took note of what you were having. Those are all signs of someone who is still very much in control, which you proved again by getting back on plan first thing this morning!

Also, I'm afraid baby must take some of the blame as your hormones will be very unbalanced at the moment and can do very odd things to you!

Please try not to worry too much and just take each day at a time. At the end of the day, you're really not dieting while you're pregnant...more eating healthier...and some days are going to be harder than others xxx

Thankyou dawn, you've completely put things into perspective for me and its really helped.i need to stop being so hard on myself.
Yesterday was terrible (I feel like all I do is moan lately)
But it really was terrible.
After I posted my breakfast yesterday things just went downhill. I had the leftover beef goulash for lunch and threw it up, so then a few hours later I was starving, had some fruit and yogurt - threw it up, and I could barely walk, not sure if baby madam was on a nerve or if the extra weight is acting up my sciatica. The family ordered a huge pizza last night, by then I didn't have a care in hell and had some, kept it down (typical eh) but to be honest I was past caring, I am today too in all honesty, I'm just struggling with this pregnancy, and everytime the morning sickness goes I get into eating healthy, exercising, then it'll come back with vengeance, and it really makes me so so low.
OH rushed out the door this morning and nearly forgot to give me a kiss, I spent 10 mins crying over it after he left thinking he was being off with me! So so pathetic since he's the most loving man I've ever met, I think you're right and my hormones are in serious overdrive.
I haven't eaten yet today, had a cup of tea with a sugar in and was sick, couldn't even stomach making the other half lunch so sent him on his way with some lunch money lol
Have lean beef mince in the fridge that needs cooking, plan was to make slimmingworld kebabs,with wholemeal pitta, mint yogurt and salad which sounds amazing and is one of my favourite slimmingworld dishes so really hoping I'm feeling a bit better by then.

Xx

Oh my goodness! What a rotten time you're having :( I had no idea your sickness was so bad. Have you spoken to your HV/midwife about it? I really think when it's like this, you must cut yourself a LOT of slack and eat anything that you can keep down, regardless of what it is. Both you and baby need food, and better to have something that's actually staying down (healthy or not) than trying to stay on plan and throwing it all up. I know you don't want to gain weight while you're pregnant but you need nourishment, and I hate hearing you beating yourself up because you've had to have something off plan. Did I read that baby is due in March? So you're entering you're 4th month, which hopefully means the sickness will be coming to an end soon. Until it does, I honestly think you should just have food that you can stomach and definitely don't stress over it. You need a healthy bouncing little girl in a few months time, and you need to be healthy to look after her. Those pounds will fall off you once you're a full time mummy! Xx

Thankyou for your kind words, I had quite a relaxed approach this week, ate some slimmingworld friendly meals with the occasional naughty treat, the sickness made following SW impossible though in all honesty, and I just kept down what I could, which was mostly bread lol
I've weighed today I'm 14st10, which is 1lb lighter than last week, it's late in the evening though and I've drank quite a lot of squash, so at least I didn't completely fail! Xx

Hunni you didn't even fail a little bit! In fact I think you've absolutely nailed it! A relaxed approach is exactly what you need...eating healthily when you can but not stressing when you can't :) That shows me you're in control x You really can't do more than that. But hang on...you DID do more...you LOST!!! Brilliant! Well done! Xx

Despite being missing for over 10 days I'm here!!!
And I've got some positive news! I joined slimmingworld group Wednesday!!
In the time I was missing before joining group I wasn't completely off the wagon or anything, I'd have mostly ate slimmingworld meals, fruit, salads etc, but wasn't counting syns so was most likely over my syns. But hey ho, I've joined now, morning sickness has almost gone and I'm full of determination.
Baby Sienna is doing well, she's kicking lots now, although she's only small so it's still all very gentle!!
I'm 19weeks on Saturday!!! Times going so so fast!!
I was 14 st 10 when I last weighed on here, and when I weighed at group I was 15st1!!!!
Which would suggest id gained a massive 5 lbs!
But in actual fact my class is an evening class (I normally weigh first thing) and I'd had a big dinner and around a litre of water, so I'm confident some of that was infact water weight and not real weight.i also had jeans and hoodie on, so not worried. But I do plan on getting a little of that off, or at least staying the same weight by the time I'm full term.

Anyway..... Yesterday's diary.....

B - beans on toast with cheese (HEB & HEA)

L-pasta salad with mayo and tuna (3syns)

D-Chinese 5 spice egg fried rice with chicken breast and a huge side salad with pickled beetroot -FREE

Extra HEX's - 300ml of milk
- 2 hifi bars

Syns - 2 x alcohol free beer 5syns
Mayo - 3 syns
Fudge - 6 syns

14 syns total, all in all a good day.

Bring on today!!!

Today's food log before I forget

B- beans on toast with cheese (HEA & HEB)

L-fruit,yogurt & a chocolate Freddo, and tea with 1 sugar (6syns)

D- slimmingworld Chinese chicken chow mein - FREE with a big side salad.

Other HEX's - milk for my cups of tea (HEA)
-hifi bar (1 = HEB)
Syns - hifi bar 3
Freddo 5
Alcohol free beer 2
1 sugar 1

Total 11 syns.

Haven't had my large hifi bar yet, saving it for when I'm infront of the telly tonight with sweet tooth and a fresh cuppa!
Aiming to use 10ish syns a day as I'm unsure if I'm overdoing it with extra healthy extras even though I know you get extra HEX's while pregnant, not sure if I really need them or if I'm having them for the sake of it.
Xx

Ahhh
This morning I've woke up really faint and dizzy, I don't know why because I've been eating plenty, if not more now than I was before joining group!
Head feels weird and I can't keep my balance so I've had breakfast a lot earlier than usual!
And not my normal breakfasts either as I just done what I could quickly before I passed out! Lovely!

Anyway I'm going to update breakfast as I'll forget by this afternoon. Especially since I've took myself to bed!

So here goes
I've had a salad,chicken sandwich (HEB)
A hifi bar (3syns) and a rice cracker (1.5syns)

Will update rest as and when it goes in lolxx

Back