Proper alternate days?

KSF profile

Hello everyone, just a quick question; I am on a DD today but I haven't eaten since 8pm last night (not incuding fruit at 1pm today) so does that mean that my UD starts at 8pm tonight?

I am just a little confused because normally I have my last meal of an UD at 8pm, for example Tuesday, then won't eat again to start my next UD at about 10am on Thursday which works out as 38 hour fast (with eating 500 cals between the hours of 1pm-7pm)

Is this right or can I hang on till 8pm tonight and have some food?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Amy

You can do either. We lovingly call the 5:00 pm to 5:00 pm (or any other time) "Hann's Way" after Hannah who extolled its virtues! I do it this way and find it mentally easier as you always get at least one "proper" meal a day.

The other way is to do actual "day" fasts (e.g. all of Monday or all of Wednesday) and not by times.

Heck, not sure I've explained that too well, but hopefully you'll catch my drift .... :D

P x

You have explained it well.
I tried the 5 - 5 and on the start of a DD at 5pm I would end up eating too many cals and then I would suffer for the rest of the next day till 5pm.
But then I was just calculating how long I would be fasting for and it would be more than 24 hours and the prospect of eating a proper dinner at 8pm is looking very tempting and if I wait I would have only had about 300 calories within the 24 hours.

BUT if I have the dinner I was planning to and start my UD at 10am tomorrow then I would have only eaten 500 cals in 38 hours.... which would be better right?

I will just have to see what works for me as I haven't been doing this for long :)

I might try the 5-5 idea sometime, maybe once maintaining. Well, took a Month for that pound to go! But now 9.11. Only 3 left to target. But 2 months ago I was stuck at 10.5 so this is working !!

I'm gonna give 5-5 a go from tomorrow. Eek see how I go, hopefully get into the flow quickly :)

I'm gonna low carb up days and fast down days. A shake post workout on down day

Got an exam Wednesday so may end up having some brekkie beforehand otherwise sticking to the above!!

Argh I'm finding 5-5 confusing, then I end up eating less calories!!

Maybe would help not to count on up days???!

Any expert help ?:)

How are you all getting on? I am switching to 2 dd per week for a while, try to stop me eating so much on the other days! I am doing better and avoiding crisps and choc!

I can't seem to get on with 5-5. Think 4 DD in normal pattern suits me better.. gonna give it a whirl!

RebekahR said:
I can't seem to get on with 5-5. Think 4 DD in normal pattern suits me better.. gonna give it a whirl!

Ooh, why did it not work for you? I have been testing out the DDD and found it ok, was keeping an eye on how u got on with 5-5 to see if that makes it any easier?

No doubt it works I just got do confused, I didn't know if I was coming or going!!

Maybe have to track on paper when doing 5-5 rather than via an app. Found I got so confused everyday ended up being 1000 as I didn't know where I was!!

Maybe its just me LOL

RebekahR said:
No doubt it works I just got do confused, I didn't know if I was coming or going!!

Maybe have to track on paper when doing 5-5 rather than via an app. Found I got so confused everyday ended up being 1000 as I didn't know where I was!!

Maybe its just me LOL

Sounds a but like me, most days I don't know if I am coming or going normally!
Han had a pic of a week chart on the fridge? It looked as if that's what I would need to be doing! X

Yes I think I need that chart LOL otherwise its just down down down panic ....up LOL

Hey guys , you all still here? I just about am! Had lots on so not quite managing proper alternate, but still plugging away when I can. Hope you are all doing ok !

Back