Pros & Cons Ebook Reader

I love my Kindle.I put it on the trainer display while exercising and can read and turn pages so much easier than trying to read with a real book.:)

Did you know you can get it to turn the pages automatically?

Open the book
Press the Aa button and turn on Text-to-Speech
Turn the volume right down as the voice is horrible! (bottom of Kindle under space bar)
Select speech rate (I have it on the fastest - it's still slower than I read, but it "automatically" turns the page for you)

I wasn't sure about getting a Kindle as I love real books so much, but it made sense with the amount of commuting I do. Now I love it and wouldn't be without it

I like the freebies and have bought plenty, but haven't yet found the HP series . . .

Smint said:
Did you know you can get it to turn the pages automatically?

Open the book
Press the Aa button and turn on Text-to-Speech
Turn the volume right down as the voice is horrible! (bottom of Kindle under space bar)
Select speech rate (I have it on the fastest - it's still slower than I read, but it "automatically" turns the page for you)

I wasn't sure about getting a Kindle as I love real books so much, but it made sense with the amount of commuting I do. Now I love it and wouldn't be without it

I like the freebies and have bought plenty, but haven't yet found the HP series . . .

Oh wow, great tip.. Didn't realise u cold do that.

Found a downside to the ebook reader...the cracked screen :( I dropped mine over a year ago and got a tiny crack down the side, which wasn't a big deal. But a few weeks ago the entire side cracked beyond readability.

I didn't realize how much I'd become to depend on it...

I own a kindle 2 and use it mainly for traveling and vacation. It is very convenient when you can take several books with you an the device and then can read according to your mood. In addition when subscribing to daily deals one gets good suggestions and offers of books.
While I like the real books I do like the convenience of this device on vacation and travel time. My thoughts on this topic!

Back