Purplebint's Diary

Happy Monday :)

Breakfast - 30g porridge, a handful of frozen cherries, microwaved with some water then a bit of fat free yog stirred through.

Lunch - leftover moussaka

Dinner - I'm off for an Indian meal with my SW group as a belated Xmas party. Planning to eat vegetable jalfrezi as my main with some pilau rice. There's a starter platter too full of bhajis and other syn full noms which I might partake of :party0016:

Yesterday's Indian was lovely. A rough estimate of 50 syns for the whole meal so not too bad really :)

Back on track today!

Breakfast - Porridge made with water, FF yoghurt, a handful of cherries and a splash of hazelnut syrup.

Lunch - 3 x Ryvita Dark Rye crispbread (3), plus 3 x LCL (1/2 hex a) and a tbsp of homemade chilli chutney. (2) 3 x small pears

Dinner - Many bean chilli, baked potato with a bit of clover light (1syn) , the rest of my hexa of cheese, green jalapeno, lime soured yoghurt and a bit of salady stuff.

Pudding will be frozen cherries with some fat free yoghurt, and maybe a crumbled up scan bran in there too :)

Many bean chilli, baked potato and salad with cheese and lime soured yoghurt

wpid-IMAG1550-1-1.jpg

*waves* Binteh your food pics make me so hungry - even when it's things I don't eat! Darn you. It's nice to see appealing food hehe, but not nice all the same.

Like I said to chinch, you're a right inspiration innit, and looking forward to following the rest of your journey :)

*settles in for future updates*

Thanks Bubbs :)

I had an imprompt day out today, so lunch was quickly grabbed something in Subway. Their salads are really good, I had a huge turkey salad with sweet onion sauce for only 3 syns. Awesome.

So today

Breakfast - Porridge, cherries and hazelnut syrup.

Lunch - Turkey salad with olives (1) and sweet onion sauce (2)

Dinner - Chicken hotpot with artichoke topping and stirfried cabbage.

Will spend some syns on a pud and some hot chocolate later :)

Breakfast - Porridge, cherries, yoghurt and a splash of hazelnut syrup.

Lunch - I made up a quarky, red onion, kale, bacon, jerusalem artichoke and cheese bake whilst I cooked dinner yesterday for my lunch. I'm looking forward to that.

Dinner - Coley steaks, turnip chips, mushy peas and pickled onions for a pretend chippy tea :)

Syns - hmm, will have to work out what to spend those on.

Today is a hungry day. I want to Eat All of The Things. I;ve had bolognaise sauce cooking in the slow cooker overnight and waking up to the smell of it cooking has set me off.

Breakfast - Porridge, cherries, yog and hazelnut syrup.

Brunch - Kiwi and grapefruit fruit salad with a bit of fat free yoghurt

Lunch - SW chips, eggs and beans. I am looking forward to this a very lot.

Dinner - Moussaka (made with the SC bolognaise) and greek salad with lots of olives and tzatziki.

Just assembled the moussaka ready to slow bake this afternoon. It looks pretty good I think.

IMAG1560-1.jpg

I've made a cheesy sauce with 300ml fat free yoghurt, 2 eggs, 5 LCL, 50g low fat cheddar, 1tsp mixed herbs and 1tsp dried garlic. Then sprinkled on 50g of low fat cheddar over the top. This moussaka will make 3 huge portions, so that's 3 hexa's of cheese to split between the servings :)

IMAG1565-1.jpg

I've decided to cook some SW chips to go with it as well, as a proper treaty meal to stop the Friday takeaway urges ;)

Breakfast was the lovely 'mcmuffins', with bacon, mushrooms and tomato

IMAG1569-1-1.jpg

I'm having a light lunch of fruit salad (chopped kiwi, grapefruit and a bit of splenda) with some quark.

Dinner will be leftover moussaka and salad, maybe with a handful of chips again if I'm really hungry.

Syns are allocated to a lovely bottle of Hobgoblin this evening :)

Last edited:
Breakfast was the usual porridge and cherries combo

Lunch - Huge lunch of poached chicken breast, lemony potatoes, carrot and swede mash and curly kale

wpid-IMAG1578-1.jpg

Dinner - I am very very full from lunch, so dinner will be something light. Maybe leftovers, maybe a small moussaka portion. (tbc)

The lemony potatoes are from The Veganomicon cookbook, I'm an omnivore but love the creative veg recipes in it.

Left over chicken and lemony potatoes, stir fried with red onion, mushrooms, red pepper, green chilli and lots of fresh coriander.

IMAG1580-1.jpg

Weigh In for me later. I'm feeling good about today *thinks light thoughts*

Breakfast - Cherries/Porridge/Hazelnut syrup combo

Snack - 4 x cadbury's chocolate fingers (6 syns) Ouch on the syns, but they were lovely.

Lunch - Egg, mushrooms, toms and beans.

Snack - Will have to eat something about 4ish to keep me going till after weigh in. Probably some cherries and yoghurt.

Dinner - Moussaka and salad.

The cadbury's fingers were my reward for carrying my 3 stone toddler all the way on school run to drop his sister off. Up a blumming steep hill too. I can't believe I've lost nearly 2 of him since starting to lost weight. How did I manage to move?!?!

1lbs off for me yesterday. I was slightly scuppered by having to do all that exercise in the morning as it made me bloat up. Oh well, more loss for next week ;)

Today's breakfast was the normal cherries and porridge combo.

Lunch - Egg, beans, mushrooms and 1 x sainsburys' BGTY sausage (1.5 syns)

Dinner - Slow cooked beef jalfrezi with syn free sweet potato and red onion bhajis. I am looking forward to it already, nom.

I need to up my water intake too so I'm going to start logging that and aiming for 6 pints of squash/water a day.

4 pints of water + 2 pints of diet coke. That'll do ;)

Beef and sweet pepper jalfrezi, brown rice and syn free bhajis

wpid-IMAG1587-1.jpg

Back