Quark!!

I hate that stuff, few years when I first joined sw everyone at my group was raving about it. We had one day, last day of the month to bring a dish and share with the group, a lady made cheese cake with it, at it looked fab, and at first bite it tasted nice then it leaves horrible after taste, and that all you can taste.

I also bought SW cooking book, and decided to try it and give it a go but nah it was horrible again, this time never going to try that stuff ever again.

Like someone has mentioned, I use it to make the "cheese sauce" part of lasagna. I mix it with a bit of plain natural yoghurt and it tastes fine, not quite like cheese sauce but the mince / tomato etc mixes well in to a nice flavour overall.

I've also used it to make crustless quiche with and it was fine.

Never tried using it as a pasta sauce but the carbonara sounded nice so might give that a go.

I'm a fan of it but I find it can be quite hard to source. I have mixed it with milk/dark chocolate options in the past and put into little filo tart bases (two small squares in each mini muffin hole and brushed with either egg wash or just fry lite and baked gently until they golden brown). Pipe the choc quark mix into each and top with a fresh raspberry (or fruit of your choice). I drizzled with a small amount of melted dark chocolate too. They made great bite size party treats at less than 1.5 syns each x

Back