Rachel's Maintenance Diary

Hahaa, you probably had about 6 times the quantity of pulses in there lol, you only need about a small cupful.

I made lentil soup the other day with 200g lentils, 100g barley, then swede, leeks, onions, parsley and carrots, it was gorgeous, but this is made in a huge saucepan. I then put it into dishes and freeze it to take to work with me.

Weigh in today - lost half a pound :( thought it would be more but hey - ho. need to up the exercise I think x

I wouldnt worry about it too much. I stayed the same the first week on refeed, then I lost 1lb for the following 2 weeks, then I lost 3lb the 4th week and that was me trying to maintain lol.

I will be pleased if I have half a pound loss so well done hun!!! I just hope I dont gain!! as long as I stick to the plan which Iam I hope to maintane or loss x are you still enjoying the food? I am loving it x

Oh thanks Mary that's a releif i thought I was doing something wrong!!
Had a lovely evening last night. I had my best frinds round to celebrate my weight loss and being able to eat again. I made a Thai dish ( I am in love with thai food - and it is so healthy as well) and then a low fat Tiramisu (if that is possible) - well no eggs/cream/ - made with ricotta and fat free natural yoghurt. I am not lying when i say IT WAS HEAVEN!!!!

Oh my, I love the sound of that.
What was the Thai dish you made? Is it spicy? I need to add some new ideas into my menu, I am tending to eat the same things. I dont mind when I am working on my 4 days off, but I need new things for my days off.

To be honest I am bit of a chuck it in the pot kinda gal, I'm not good at following recipes - I always add my own twist.
Basically I chuck a couple of chicken breasts in the slow cooker with Thai 7 spice and chilli flakes and some water or proper stock if u have some, and leave on low while I'm at work all day) When I come home the chicken is cooked and I drain off the remaining spicy sauce into a wok/saucepan with mushrooms, peppers beansprouts/whatever. (I also added some rice noodles in at the last minute) then serve in a bowl if you can, cos theres quite a lot of 'soup'. if you know wagamamas resturant's its a bit like chilli chicken ramen.it is spicy but if you dont like spice omit the chilli flakes. Yummy!!

I also bought a thai red curry sauce (Sharwoods - careful its quite high in fat) and chopped a sweet potato and a normal one and cooked that in the sauce for my friend who's a veggie.
oh the tiramisu is delish there is still some in the fridge and I just had some :( Dont want to throw it away though- too nice!!! Trying to chuck it down mt partners neck - he's not complaining but he says Im a feeder :) :D I'm worried about slipping into old habits though!
I guess its ok to have a little treat at the weekend have been 100% all week!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Rachie, I will definitely have a go at that on my next set of 4 days off. I love any sort of spicy food and I am so into chilli at the moment.

Day 8

Not great today - was a charity day at work today so ended not having my shake but bought myself a piece of my fat free carrot cake.

1 orange

Remaining Thai chicken from last night, brown rice, veg, sweet potatoes in small amount of thai red curry sauce and fat free yoghurt

Bowl of tiramisu (lowish fat, made with ricotta cheese, fat free yoghurt, cocoa powder, expresso and sponge fingers) Okay...please don't do as I've done today, but I'm confessing to all here.

Back on track and plenty of fresh air and exercise tomorrow!
On the plus side I have had plenty of water! x

According to the experts, it does your metabolism good to have a higher calorie intake every now and again, as it increases your metabolism, making for good losses the following week or so.

ooh great! Good news - thanks ! x

Day 9

Brekkie Vanilla and coffee shake

Lunch Brown rice, chicken, peppers, mushrooms and beansprouts all mixed together with some chilli powder and chucked in slow cooker yummm

Small bowl of tiramisu (yes its still in the fridge!!!)

melon
Strawberries
Lots of water
1 white coffee
1 white tea

Day 10

Brekkie - Strwb shake

Lunch - small packet of sushi, salad, some fresh mango

Dinner - breast of chicken cooked with pesto and water in slow cooker, yummm!!! Sliced and put in wholemeal wrap with tomatoes and hoummus... was delish!!!
Melon,mango and fat free strawberry yog

loads of water
2 white teas
maybe a white coffee later

ooooohhhhh hoummus!!! I love that, can we have it on refeed? today is day 7 for me, I need to be good till Friday (going on hol) but I'd love a pitta, salad and hoummus yum yum yum xx

Oh probably day 8 I would think you are- be careful though cos if yo are like me you dont want to end up eating the whole tub!!! I bought pack of 3 small tubs from hoummus 128 claries per tub I am trying to sticken to lowish healthy carbs, low fat between 1000 -1200 cals per day. The scales will tell on Thursday! x

Day 10

Brekkie Choc shake

Lunch - wholemel wrap with salad and a few olives and chicken breast with v low fat yog...yum yum

Dinner - Steak -Done on the George with steamed brocoli, flat mushrooms griddled in 1 cal spray with garlic, tomotoes,sweet potato with v low fat yog

Snacks - melon slice, mango slice, half orange,few crisps, (yes I few I mean about 3!) and spoonful tiramisu...yes it's still going!!!!

2 litres water, 1 white tea 1 white coffee

I am sooo chuffed it seems I can now eat normally...by that I mean that I don't eat to make me feel better/when i am bored etc. i don't obsess over food or use it emotionally... I know I'm eating healthily and before LT I would always think about my next 'fix' of food whatever it may be. I would constantly pick. Now I can take or leave whatever is in my cupboard (and having a picky nine year old in the house...my cupboards are varied!!!) I hope this is forever because I am enjoying food...cooking it, buying it, and not just eating it!!!! xxx

I know what you mean about not having to eat everything in the fridge or larder, I too used to have to have a bite of everything that had been bought, where as now I am happy to leave them until I really want them or just leave them full stop. It is really good to be in control of our diets. Great feeling hun, well done.

But..............you are making me crave tiramisu........hehe, just going shopping so might see if I can buy a mini pot of it lol.

oh dear sorry!!!! How manycals/fat in a small pot do you reckon? How about putting a few sponge fingers in a bowl, some nice expresso coffee over the top - maybe a tiny tot of alchohol, a little v low fat philadelphia/riccotta and some cocoa powder on top, put in fridge for as long as you can bearmade then demolish. Do you reckon that is less than a shop bought one? Oh no you're craving Tiramisu and Floridagirl is having a houmous nightmare -all my fault - sorry!!!!!!!! xx

LMAO - Its ok, I didnt see any tiramisu in Morrisons yesterday so I didnt buy any desert, just my usual snack size muller lite yogurts.......lol.

Back