3 x Jaffa Cakes - 3
2 x Tesco Potato Waffles = 2.5
Steamed Veg - 0
2 x WW Chicken Hotpot - 7.5
300g Strawberries - 1

Points used = 32.5
Points Saved = 1.5

Last edited:
Hi, is that all you are having today? Doesn't seem like much, are you not having any fruit/veg/salad? I have loads of free foods with my meals.

Hi, no i had to go and see to my kids! I just started writing and had to go. I will use all my points today or maybe save a couple for emergencies later on in the week! Are you doing Discover? How are you getting on?

No,i have never done the discover plan, i am doing pro points, started 2 weeks ago and really enjoying it so far. I am actually looking forward to my meals and planning things in advance as opposed to mindlessly eating everything in sight!!!!

Where about in Scotland are you?

I have not eaten great today as have been very busy and had to go shopping aswell. I have 9 points left and can only save 4 so will have to use 5, i know from past experience if i don't use all my points i don't lose. I have tried ProPoints a couple of time and didn't get on with it and i know that the old points do work work. I also gave Calorie Counting a try but i am back to this again! I am in Aberdeenshire but hoping to move to Inverness in the near future. :) x

Thats really interesting about you not losing if you don't use all your points. I started back at ww at the beginning of May but had a disappointing loss my first week and that totally disheartened me and i went off the rails for 2 weeks and only decided to re-start (again) 2 weeks ago. That week i didn't use all my daily points 3 or 4 days and i didn't use any of my weekly points either so maybe thats why i didn't lose as much as i'd hoped. I thought i was being super good and the less i ate the more i would lose.
Anyway i am glad i have got back on the band wagon and feel quite positive this time, and i have decided to only weigh myself once a month. I have also been using all my dailies and a few of my weeklies too so fingers crossed i will get a decent loss at the end of the month.

When do you think you will be moving to Inverness?

Tuesday 11th June 2013

34 points + 1.5 saved

4 x Belvita Honey And Nut - 4
2 x Special K Minis - 3
1 Tin Baxter's Healthy Tomato And Rice Soup - 3
2 x White Bread - 3
4 x WW Sausages - 4
250g Potato's - 2.5
Mushrooms, Onion, Mixed Pepper's - 0
1/2 Coleman's Season & Shake Sausage Casserole Mix - 1
1/2 tin Sweetcorn - 1.5
3 x Jaffa Cakes - 3
500g Galia Melon - 2
4 x Rich Tea's - 2
Quavers - 2.5

Points used - 31.5
Points saved - 2.5
Total points saved - 4

Last edited:
Thats really interesting about you not losing if you don't use all your points. I started back at ww at the beginning of May but had a disappointing loss my first week and that totally disheartened me and i went off the rails for 2 weeks and only decided to re-start (again) 2 weeks ago. That week i didn't use all my daily points 3 or 4 days and i didn't use any of my weekly points either so maybe thats why i didn't lose as much as i'd hoped. I thought i was being super good and the less i ate the more i would lose.
Anyway i am glad i have got back on the band wagon and feel quite positive this time, and i have decided to only weigh myself once a month. I have also been using all my dailies and a few of my weeklies too so fingers crossed i will get a decent loss at the end of the month.

When do you think you will be moving to Inverness?

We have just recently decided we would like to move as my other half is from up north, not sure when it will happen though! Hopefully soon!

You may be best to try and use all you weekly's as well as your daily. I have a friend who use's her 49 weekly's by dividing them up over the 7 days and she is doing really well. PP just didn't work for me and i didn't eat lot's of fruit or anything but i have heard LOTS of people saying the same so their is mixed views. I know the old points works for me as it has in the past. x

Yeah the old points worked for me too a few years ago, but i don't think i would manage to follow it now as i have no books etc so have no idea how i would point anything. How do you do it? I have an online membership and really like the online points tracker.

Wednesday 12th June 2013

34 points + 4 saved
1/4 Pint Semi -Skimmed Milk - 1
2 packs Belvita Honey And Nut - 8
1 x Rice Krispie Square - 2.5
Homemade Potato & Leek Soup - 4
250g Extra Lean Steak Mince (Lidl) - 5.5
350g Baby New Potato's - 3.5
Broccoli, Carrots, Onion, Beef Stock Cube - 0
Bisto Gravy Granules - 3
500g Galia Melon - 2
4 x Rich Teas - 2
Crunchie - 4

Points used =34.5
Points saved = 3.5

Last edited:
Yeah the old points worked for me too a few years ago, but i don't think i would manage to follow it now as i have no books etc so have no idea how i would point anything. How do you do it? I have an online membership and really like the online points tracker.

Nikki, i bought all my Points things off Ebay in January 2011 after i joined and realised that the plan had changed to PP. I have the eating out and shopping guides, calculator and the starter folder. You wouldn't really need the starter folder though as you can work out all your points with the calculator and the quiz to see how many points you are allowed is on here. You could try your local Freecycle or Facebook selling pages for things if you fancied doing Points. x

Thursday 13th June 2012

34 points + 3.5 saved

1/2 pint Semi-Skimmed Milk - 2
6 x Belvita Honey And Nut - 6
1 x Special K Minis - 1.5
Homemade Potato And Leek Soup - 3.5
2 X White Bread - 3
Barbecue Chicken Breast - 3
Baked Potato - 3.5
Baked Beans - 2.5
Peppers, Tomato's, Cucumber, Beetroot, Pickled Onions - 0
240g Fresh Pineapple - 1.5
Light Salad Cream - 0.5
Tomato Ketchup - 0.5
Rice Krispie Square - 2.5

Points used today = 30
Total Points saved = 7.5

Last edited:
Friday 14th June 2013

34 points + 7.5 Saved

6 x Belvita Honey & Nut - 6
WW Tomato & Basil Soup -1
2 x White Bread - 3
50g Applewood Smoked Ham - 1
Light Salad Cream - 0.5
Tomato & Cucumber - 0
2 x WW Beef & Red Wine Casserole - 8.5
Mixed Steamed Veg - 0
2 x Tesco Potato Waffles - 2.5
4 x Rich Teas - 2
1 x Rice Krispie Square - 2.5
Pretzels - 3

Points Used Today - 30
Total Points Saved - 11.5

Last edited:
Right i think i will be joining you on the old points as i have just completed 3 weeks on pro points and have only lost 6lbs, which i know isn't bad but i weigh just over 18 stone so was expecting a bit more, at this rate it will take me forever to get to a reasonable size. I remember doing ww back in 1997 after i had my daughter, i weighed about 14 stone and lost 11lbs in my first week!!!!
I have added an old points calculator, the eat and shop books to my ebay watch list,hope i have added the correct ones!!! I'm not sure how many different plans there have been between when i last did points and starting pro points so hope i don't end up with books from different plans. Some of the items have switch on them, and you have mentioned the discover plan, are these essentially all the same plan?

It looks like you are doing really well, how have you found your first week? When is your weigh in day? I was quite naughty last night, had some wine and a chinese, and i am going to a 50th birthday party tonight so think i can kiss goodbye to any loss on Tuesday!!!!

As you can see i am a lot heavier than you but i only lose 1-2-3 lbs a week, not huge amounts. I tried Scottish Slimmers and only lost 11lbs in 6 weeks and then gave up and have gained it all back, so hoping i do better on WW again. I think all the plans were the same before PP so you should be ok. It's so hard not to have treat days, that's why i have saved points during this week so we can eat out tomorrow or monday. I am going to message you. x

Saturday 15th June 2013

34 points + 11.5 Saved

1/4 Pint Semi-Skimmed Milk - 1
4 x Belvita Honey & Nut - 4
WW Chicken & Lemon Risotto - 5
2 x White Bread - 3
40g LowLow Cheese Spread - 2
Wispa - 5
Transformer Snacks 36g - 3
Chicken Breast - 1
Lean Ham - 2
350g New Baby Potato's - 3.5
Tomato, Cucumber, Mixed Peppers, Spring Onions -0
Picked Onions & Beetroot - 0
300g Strawberries - 1
100g Grapes - 1
Light Salad Cream - 1

Points used today = 35
Total points saved = 10.5

Last edited:
Sunday 16th June 2013

34 points + 10.5 Saved

4 x Belvita Honey & Nut - 4
WW macaroni Cheese - 5
2 x White Bread - 3
40g LowLow Cheese Spread - 2
Irish Diet Yoghurt - 1
Steamed Veg - 0
Skinny Cow Caramel Shortcake - 1.5
Cadbury Creme Egg - 3.5
Transformer Snacks 36g - 3

Points used today = 34
Points Saved = 11.5

Last edited:
Monday 17th June 2013

34 + 10.5 Saved

Belvita Honey & Nut - 8
M&S Healthy Ham Salad Sandwich - 4
M&S Fruit Salad - 1
TGI's Sesame Jack Daniel's Chicken Strips - 10
TGI's Cajun Cream Penne Pasta - 13

Last edited:
Tuesday 18th June 2013

34 Points

Belvita Honey & Nut - 7
WW Chicken & Lemon Risotto - 5
Tangy Toms - 2.5
6 x Rich Teas - 3
2 x Tesco Potato Waffles - 2.5
Steamed Veg - 0
Irish Diet Yoghurt - 1
Go Ahead Crispy Slices - 2
Turkey Slices - 2

Points Used - 33.5
Points Saved - 0.5

Last edited:
So how did your weigh in go? I see you found me on facebook ok!!!! xxx

I have bought the eat out and shop books and a calculator off ebay so hopefully they will be here by Friday so i can make a clean start and join you on Monday.

Back