Really struggling, feel like a failure

Well done you too! Onwards and downwards (weight wise) lol!

You're both doing so well!! What weight are you on now miss14? :)
X

Just wanted to share I ran my first 5K in a very long time today and despite the wind did it under 40mins. It's given me such motivation to stay on plan

Llamasoks - I am now at 11st 3lbs. Well thats what it was last week! HOPING to god I stay the same this week. It would be a miracle!

KentCat - WOW that is truly amazing! I would love to get back into running like you but just don't have the motivation at the minute. Enjoying my classes at the minute so going to keep doing that. But that is so great, such good motivation. Well done!! What is your next goal?

You'll do fine - fingers and toes crossed for you!

KentCat - You have my admiration - I always love the idea of running but can't hack the idea of there being people in the outside world who might see me *shock horror*
X

Thanks guys!

I know what you mean about people looking but I just think sod off I may be overweight but at least I'm doing something about it. Generally find other runners you meet really supportive.

Next goal is just to speed up. 3 yes ago I ran a 5K race for life in 31 minutes, I've registered for one in May and really want to beat that time.

I just look like a right plonker doing exercise - I've just brought the 30 day shred DVD to do in my living room - they can't see me there! :D

Haha I know how you feel - I would love to do an exercise DVD in my living room, but I live on the top floor flat and think all the jumping around would make the floor cave in.. Can you imagine my downstairs neighbours?! :8855:

Haha yeah maybe flats aren't the best place for keep fit DVDs. That said I've always found my living room, no matter where I've lived, to be too small once I start jumping about.

Just come on here as having such a chocolate craving. My boyfriend bought a box at the weekend he's at work I'm trying not to think about them! Arghhhhhh

Dont do it! Or maybe do do it, but have a small bit. I'm a nightmare because I have such an all-or-nothing mindset.. If I'm having chocolate, its going to be a lot! I can't control it most of the time. But if you can, good for you! The one thing I have learnt this week is not to deprive myself, because if I do I'm more likely to go totally off the rails. So enjoy if you do have some, but well done if you don't! :)

Manage to resist WI tomorrow and didn't want to mess up especially as I've been extra good with my exercise.

I do agree about not depriving yourself, I definitely end up bingeing if I do that. I try and say 3 strikes so if I want something bad I try and put it off 3 times if I still really want it come the third strike I generally allow myself.

That's such a brilliant logic - I'm one of those who can't stop after just a bite, so 3 strikes definitely sounds like a plan!

Tell you what Ladies, my upper body is killing me today after 30 day shred level 1 - can't imagine what level 3 will be!
X

What is 30 day shred?

It's a fitness DVD from the personal trainer from Biggest Loser (I think that's what the show's called), there are 3 levels, you start at 1 obvs and work your way up to 3, you can lose up to 20lbs in 30 days, you can Google images for some results if you want. Each level is 20 minutes, which seems short but MY GOD OUCH! Thought I was going to die whilst doing it, but even overnight I can feel that I've lost weight. :)
X

Oh cool I will take a look.

I use to love watching the Biggest loser but would be scared stiff to do a workout with those guys.

I think the DVD is definitely more friendly than the instructors on the show! You can pause it and catch your breath (she doesn't recommend it, but sometimes when you feel like you might collapse, it's needed!). Fortunately 20 minutes is easy to fit into most peoples days, which is why it's tough, because 20 mins of solid hard work is better than hours at the gym only half trying :)
X

EDIT: If you wanna have a peak, the levels are on youtube!

Ahhhh great tip re YouTube. I'm not sure work would approve so I'll take a look this evening when home.

Another successful week 2lbs off. Good luck with your WI

Wooooo well done :)! Must be that 5k ;) Successful for me too! 0.5 off, not much but a lot better than I was expecting! Given me motivation to carry on and smash it next week :) have a great day x

Well done to you too. As long as the number goes down I'm always happy.

Here's to a motivated and on plan week!

Back