Step 1 Sole Source Really struggling

Personally I'd just go off the consultants scales and just use yours as a guide. It's more consistent that way

Current loss: 12lbs and 7.5inches

Even though I didn't get weighed on my consultants scales on Day 1? I'm taking this week's weight loss from my work scales, as I weighed on those on Day 1 (Xst 4lbs) and Day 8 (Xst 10lbs, so -8lbs). Next week, I'll go by the consultant's scales, as I was weighed on those today.

Well which ever you pick, stick with just the one lol

I am on day three and REALLY struggling today - but not craving food, I am just really really tired and run down, I feel like I could sleep for a week. Feeling very odd - weak and sore.

I refuse to give in but tell me this ends????

It does end and gets much easier!

1 week out your life is all you need to give to the diet with struggle. After you've been weighed and lost loads, you'll find it much easier I promise

I am on the SS+ as well!!!

I have a tin of tuna and some salad with my lunch soup - but I missed it yesterday so just had two shakes and a soup which might be why my body is so angry with me.

Had my shake, my soup and tuna and salad today - and having a soup tonight and likely a very early night!

It's mind over matter. You mind about your weight and your love of 'normal' food doesn't matter!! Lol

Exactly. It's about retraining your brain about food while you're not eating it...although I think about food loads lol

The first week is always totally rubbish. I always feel like I'm coming down with a cold during the first few days. It does get better, though :) By week three, you're almost euphoric!

I'm waiting for euphoria!!! Lol 3 weeks will be in Sunday!

Hehehe! I'm pretty certain I felt really good by Week Three. I felt absolutely rubbish yesterday, but GOOD today. I put it down to a peanut bar and a pot of Mix-a-Mousse! My
Vanilla shake tasted like semolina. Yum!!

the peanut bars keep me going as i miss chewing!

Roll on week 3 lol

Hi guys! I've been on the plan since late last year and I've lost a significant amount of weight already. I have a few kg left to reach target, but I seem to be stalling badly while moving up the steps. A recent 4kg water-weight gain (I hope) has put me rushing back to break the plateau and finally hit target. I've been reading up on your comments and since I'm starting Day 1 again today :D I need your support!!!

Welcome back hun! What does your CDC say?
What plan have you gained that on? That would make me cry lol

Welcome back hun! What does your CDC say?
What plan have you gained that on? That would make me cry lol

Well my CDC is yet to see me as I've been AWOL for a while; lol. I will see her when I finally run out of shakes by weekend. I was moved to step 3 before I derailed from strictly following the steps and it rather went out of control hence the gain. It's rather annoying as I expected to at least stay the same weight if I wasn't going to lose further especially as I had a few kg left to target. Anyway, now I'm back on Sole Source (by myself) and struggling through the days. Today is Day 3 and already 2kg of the 4kg gain has gone back to wherever it came from. I'm hoping to face my CDC with a "clean score card" on Saturday :D

Did you follow step 3 to the letter?

SS is always rough at the start, we all know this too well now :( glad you've got through 2 days unscathed hun

Did you follow step 3 to the letter?

SS is always rough at the start, we all know this too well now :( glad you've got through 2 days unscathed hun

At the beginning I tried to, I didn't last a week. It important to follow the steps to the letter; as our BMR is so low and we stand the risk of going straight into starvation mode when we come off cambridge. Anything outside the steps is likely to boomerang, I've learnt the hard way, but I'm lucky to arrest it immediately. I hope to be back to 87kg at least by Friday as I'm already in ketosis (hurrah!!!).

Does it put you off going back up the steps again? Food and I don't have a good relationship and won't for a couple of months I'm guessing so no point me considering stepping up the plans....obvs got to get to goal first lol

In a way it does but in a way it doesn't. Let me explain, see, Cambridge is a plan that must be followed to the letter; it's not really a matter of choice. If you don't do the steps there's a high chance of undoing all the weight loss achieved on sole source. That's the part that puts me off; however, my determination to remain lighter than before is very strong, so I try not to let myself dwell on that. I have to adjust my mindset which is part of the reason I'm always on here for support! ;) :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back