Red's diary - yes, I'm back and I'm going to meetings

Hey hunny food is looking good!! Keep it up, it's not easy when you're busy but you look like you're organising yourself pretty well!!

Hope you've had a good weekend!

H XXXXXXXX

Hi Hevs

The weekend was ok, the kids went to granny's so I had a lie in - woo hoo. Did some cooking like you, made some veggie sauce, chicken liver pate and a massive breakfast tortilla and some butternut squash, carrot and coriander soup.

As you may recall previously I hadn't really used my syns as much, this time I am determined to use them in the hope this will also keep me on track. I just hope it doesn't affect losses.

I let my consultant see my food diary and she says it's all good so I know I'm not doing anything wrong. It would be nice to have a bigger loss this week, then again as long as the figure goes down not up!

I just really want to wear normal sized clothes and not choose from a limited selection in a shop or a 'special' shop. That would be nice. I love fashion, I just can't really wear it, none of it suits round really :D

This is today so far:

Monday 21/01/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – .Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberry and ½ banana
Lunch – .Butternut squash, carrot and coriander soup (homemade – superfree)
Iceberg lettuce wraps with homemade (free) chicken liver pate (used onions, lean bacon, chicken livers, thyme and garlic and 2 spoons of Quark) served with watercress, baby plum tomatoes and raw mange tout.
Dinner – .Quorn ‘meatballs’ with superfree veg sauce (tomatoes, courgettes, peppers, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, garlic, fresh tarragon and fresh basil)
Wholewheat spaghetti, Babybel light on top
Mullerlight

Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Babybel light x 3, 2 x Alpen light

Syns – .

My weight loss this week was just 1lb Mills, so i'm eating my words now.. 1lb sucks BIG TIME! Still, it's downwards.. on to the next loss. Feeling pressured because I didn't make the 2lb a week target.. pfft never mind eh!!

Meal plan looks GOOOOOD.. too good ;) (belly rumbling..)

You're in the zone - keep it up!!

Hey Red, I strongly believe that its not good to get regular big losses! Our bodies just aren't designed to lose so quickly and its very rare for people to keep off a large amount of weight that's been lost that quickly!! Because they've had to be extremely strict with themselves and as humans that's not an approach we can sustain. Eventually something gives and we feel resentful and the life's to short mantra kicks in. I suppose its human nature that we want to see the results NOW! We're impatient! But with patience and perseverence 1 lb per week will get us there! The saying 'a dripping tap still fills the bucket' is so true! We just have to wait and of course when its lost slowly we also get to have a life! And its healthier, and we don't look gaunt at the end of it, and we are more likely to keep it off for longer!! Down from my soap box now! Just wanted to say that because I worry about people who think that 1lb is a rubbish loss!! At the end of the 2 years it took me to lose 5 stone I didnt look back with shame that I only lost an average of 0.7lb a week! It didn't matter a jot because I'd made it !! XxX

My weight loss this week was just 1lb Mills, so i'm eating my words now.. 1lb sucks BIG TIME! Still, it's downwards.. on to the next loss. Feeling pressured because I didn't make the 2lb a week target.. pfft never mind eh!!

Meal plan looks GOOOOOD.. too good ;) (belly rumbling..)

You're in the zone - keep it up!!

You know what Mel Hevs is right, 1lb is still a loss. Last time I did this I felt bad using my syns, this time I'm going to shake off that mind set and use them because they are there to use and if my losses are slower well, so be it. So don't feel bad about that 1lb, its a 1lb less than you weighed last week. I suspect I may have a slow loss again this week but I'm just going to keep at it. So celebrate you 1lb Mel - well done you :D :D :D :D

Hey Red, I strongly believe that its not good to get regular big losses! Our bodies just aren't designed to lose so quickly and its very rare for people to keep off a large amount of weight that's been lost that quickly!! Because they've had to be extremely strict with themselves and as humans that's not an approach we can sustain. Eventually something gives and we feel resentful and the life's to short mantra kicks in. I suppose its human nature that we want to see the results NOW! We're impatient! But with patience and perseverence 1 lb per week will get us there! The saying 'a dripping tap still fills the bucket' is so true! We just have to wait and of course when its lost slowly we also get to have a life! And its healthier, and we don't look gaunt at the end of it, and we are more likely to keep it off for longer!! Down from my soap box now! Just wanted to say that because I worry about people who think that 1lb is a rubbish loss!! At the end of the 2 years it took me to lose 5 stone I didnt look back with shame that I only lost an average of 0.7lb a week! It didn't matter a jot because I'd made it !! XxX

Can I just say that is just a great post and it honestly made me feel so much better, the forum says I must spread the love around before repping you again :giggle: or I would have done. As long as I lose on Thursday it will be good. I know it is hard when you hear about other people's significant losses because you feel a bit jealous, but that's their journey and this is mine and feeling bad isn't going to change that. That said - well done on your loss this week! Nice kickstart! :D

Weigh in today and I lost 6lb, got my half stone award and won SOTW and the raffle :D Quite a good morning then. Then I had to lug it all up the road (body magic;)). So I'm pleased today but I really am of Heather's mindset that steady losses will be the way forward. I'm sticking to plan and using syns so I'm not missing out.

Here is yesterday's food diary:

Wednesday 23/01/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberry, peach and banana
Lunch – .baby plum tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, scrambled egg, smoked salmon slices
Dinner – .Chilli made with x-lean mince, contains onions, mushrooms, peppers, courgettes, and Indian bean mix (had no kidney beans) passata. Served with cauliflower rice.
Mullerlight
Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Mullerlight x 3, Alpen lights

Syns – .Options drink (2), Hi Fi bar (6) = 8

Now I've been at group all morning and I need to do some work. Bought the curry book too - so I'm going to try something from that this week.

Yesterday's food diary:

Thursday 24/01/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango,, peach and ½ banana

Lunch – .Broccoli and cauliflower soup. Chicken liver pate in iceberg lettuce wraps and tomatoes

Dinner – .Pasta n sauce, quorn sticky fillets, big mixed salad.

Snack – .satsumas x 2

Hex A and B – .2 x ALpen light, 3 x Babybel

Syns – .Pack velvet crunch (5) + Options drink (2)+ Hi fi bar (6) = 13

Red - just subscibing. Will catch up asap. But great that you are going to classes and back on plan.
YOU CAN DO THIS CHICA!

Last edited:
Thanks Pommette :D

Here is yesterday and today so far:

Friday 25/01/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – .Banana

Lunch – . ½ tin Asda chick pea dahl and bulgar wheat. 2 x satsuma

Dinner – .Kedgeree, mashed swede and broccoli
Mullerlight

Snack – .

Hex A and B – .3 x Babybel Light, 2 Hi-fi Light

Syns – .wholemeal melba toast (3.5) + Options drink (2) = 5.5

Saturday 26/01/13 – Easy Extra

Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango,, peach and ½ banana, raspberries and half a pineapple.

Weigh in today and I lost 6lb, got my half stone award and won SOTW and the raffle :D Quite a good morning then. Then I had to lug it all up the road (body magic;)). So I'm pleased today but I really am of Heather's mindset that steady losses will be the way forward. I'm sticking to plan and using syns so I'm not missing out.
Way to go chica! Great second week.

But Hevs is right - slow losses means you're more likely to keep it off as you will have learnt how much you need to eat to lose slowly or maintain.
This is something I posted on a fred only a few days ago to a bunch of people who were dis-heartened with only 1 lb losses.

Pommette said:
It took me 151 weeks of really trying to to my original target.
So over the whole 151 weeks it was *** drum roll required here *** a massive 0.419 lb per week! The last ½ stone took 40 blumin' weeks so an absolutely mahoosive 0.175 lbs a week. Grrrrrr
That last ½ stone was a blinkin' nightmare and at times I began to regret even thinking about losing it!

But I am maintaining now and actually not finding it as hard as I thought it would be.
The first few weeks were tricky - as I carried on losing, albeit at only 0.1 lb a week, but I dropped another few pounds.
I've put those back on over the last few weeks with the stress of hub being ill but I'm still around target - will probably be under again this week!

If I can do it, that is lose weight and maintain, then anyone can!

((( Big Hugs ))) chica. Best boob forward as they say on the stage.

Bought a pomelo honey fruit today - this is new to me, also bought one for the SOTW basket so others can try it with me

Here are today (so far) and yesterday's food:

Sunday 27/01/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango,, peach and ½ banana,

Lunch – .Broccoli and cauliflower soup, lettuce wraps with HM chicken liver pate and tomatoes – other half of banana

Dinner – .stir fried veg (mange tout, baby corn, mushrooms, kale, peppers, broccoli, chilli, ginger and garlic) jacket potato and spicy steak.
Mullerlight greek style ( ½ syn)
Snack – .half an apple (son had the other half)
Hex A and B – .Alpen lights, babybel lights

Syns – .Special K bar (6) + Muller (0.5) + Options drink (2) = 8.5
Monday 28/01/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberries and ½ banana,

Lunch – .

Dinner – .Kofta curry + rice and salad. - new recipe for me, from the SW Curry Heaven book.

Snack – .

Hex A and B – .

Syns – .

Just updating today:

Lunch – .Cup of cauliflower and broccoli soup - kedgeree with lots of spinach run through it.
Dinner – .Kofta curry + rice and cucumber, tomato, coriander leaf salad. (also contained sweet red pepper, spring onion and chilli and mint leaves)
I had half rice and half cauliflower rice

Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Alpen Light,

Syns – .

I am going to try and post pics of the tea and honey pomelo later!!

Ther kofta curry was awesome. A big hit in this house and the cauliflower rice mixed with rice upped the superfree nicely. The salad I made with strips of cucumber, baby plum tomatoes, very finly sliced sweet pepper and spring onions cut length ways was perfect with it. I finely chopped half a red chilli and sprinkled that over and the juice of half a lime then sprinkled a loads of mint and coriander leaves over it.

I will definitely be making it again. It was so hassle free it may even become a favourite. The only downside is that the children aren't keen on spice so they don't usually have the same as us when we have curry. OH and I really like spice. This is why I have frozen homemade pasta sauce, soup etc portions in the freezer. The kids had homemade soup and garlic bread. The little guy was chuffed as homemade soup is his favourite tea :eat:

Today and yesterday's food.

Having trouble uploading pics from my phone but I'll post them when I can:

Lunch – .Cup of cauliflower and broccoli soup - kedgeree with lots of spinach run through it.
Dinner – .Kofta curry + rice and cucumber, tomato, coriander leaf salad. (also contained sweet red pepper, spring onion and chilli and mint leaves)
I had half rice and half cauliflower rice

Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Alpen Light, Babybel light

Syns – .Options (2), Special K bar (6) = 8

Tuesday 29/01/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberries and ½ banana

Lunch – .cauliflower and broccoli soup, lettuce wraps with chicken liver pate, tomatoes and mange tout

Dinner – .fish (coated in smash and spice) SW chips and mushy peas. – watercress and spinach salad.
Mullerlight
Snack – .

Hex A and B – .2 x Hi fi bars, semi skim milk (measured)

Syns – . Options (2), Hi-fi (6) = 8

Evening chica. You mentioned cauli rice yesterday. Someone once told me how to do this but I never got round to it. Can you remind me please?
I don't seem to want to eat carbs at the mo (very strange for me as I'm a carboholic) so am living on cauli so something different would be nice.

Food looking yummy as always.

Hi Pommette

Cauliflower rice is the easiest thing to make. Just cut up your cauliflower then put it in a food processor, blitz it until it is rice like Put in a microwaveable dish (you can add spice/season at this point - sometimes I add a little cayenne but you can also leave it). Then cover with film and microwave for about 2 mins - you are just heating it not cooking it. I actually really like it in place of rice much more than I thought I would.

If you like cauliflower try this too.

Hey Hun,

I'm so glad that what I said helped!! I can't claim to be perfect, but I can claim to be a real human being and have a life!!! And I don't believe that real human beings with lives can shift a lot of weight in a matter of weeks and sustain it without being totally miserable!! So often I have sat in class and envied those with the big losses week after week, only to later discover that they have dropped out or see them one year later bigger than ever with their tail between their legs!! What do they say? Ellebear has or use to have it as her mantra.... success is not final, failure is not fatal!! Soooo true!!! And my other fave is definitely 'Even a dripping tap fills a bucket'!! It really is all about the three Ps..Planning, patience, and perseverence!!

Fantastic losses hun- you'll be into that next stone range before you know it and that will feel great in itself!!

Your food looks scrummy and the cauliflower rice sounds like a fantastic idea I'm definitely going to try it!!!

Big hugs XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you Curls :D

I have been busy working which is why I haven't posted. Had my first group taster session today which was nice. Tricky doing a morning group (9.30) so any suggestions for the next one will be gratefully received.

I made a crustless quiche with mushrooms, courgette, peppers, leeks, lean bacon, garlic, eggs and quark and cous cous - it had a HexA worth of reduced fat cheese on the whole thing which was cut into about 16 + slices. I had one there and a couple at lunch so I don't know how much that was.

Oh weigh in I lost 2lb which was good.

If it looks like I'm light on the syns today it is because I have friends coming over tomorrow night and there will be wine consumed! I am usually below my syns for the day and although I prefer to use them in a day or lose them, for this week and when I have a special occasion I think I will tot them up. So I'll go over tomorrow on wine (not on food I will be making SW friendly dips with veggies - some crisps for them of course) but make up for it and not go over in total over the course of the week (hopefully).

So here is yesterday and today:

Thursday 30/01/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberries and ½ banana

Lunch – .smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, watercress and spinach

Dinner – .Coconut chicken soup (1syn) from the SW Curry heaven book

Snack – .Honey pomelo fruit, cup butternut squash soup

Hex A and B – . 4 x ryvita + Laughing Cow light.

Syns – . meal (1) + Options (2) + 2 Alpen lights (6) = 9
Thursday 31/01/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Taster session at SW group, had my own crustless quiche, tomatoes, fruit, couple of spoons of smoked salmon kedgeree

Lunch – .More crustless quiche and tomatoes (the whole quiche had one HexA worth of reduced fat cheese) I’m going to count it as Hex A although I didn’t eat the whole thing – there was lots of it!! - apple

Dinner – .Spinach dahl, with rice and cauliflower rice
Mullerlight greek yog. ½ syn
Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Reduced fat cheese, Alpen Lights

Syns – .0.5 + Options drink (2) +

Well done chica on another loss. You're going in the right direction . . . downwards!

Love the tahini cauli idea. Never had tahini mind as I haven't found it sold anywhere here, and neither hubs nor I like sesame seeds.
So I might try it with some other paste. Wonder what it would be liuke with peanut butter (which is what I substitute in hoummous)

Back