Refocused and Ready to Lose

Hello to anybody who comes across my diary

Just a little bit about me, I'm 25 years old and have three gorgeous children along with working full time so it's always a struggle to eat well but I'm hoping keeping this diary will help me to stay focused on my goal

Ive been doing slimming world on and off for about 7 years and lost about 4 Stone first time round! After having my little boy I went up to 17.5 Stone and through Slimming I am now 10 Stone 3lbs so I'm desperate to shift this last 10 lbs and finally reach my target after all these years

I'll start by posting today's diary and work from there :)

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Shape Yoghurt with Strawberries and Raspberries

Lunch
Ham Salad Sandwich on 2x Wholemeal Bread and a Bag of Quavers 4.5 Syns

Dinner
Chicken and lots of Veg Curry made with Curry OXO Cubes and Rice (this was so nice and I'll definitely be making it again)

Snacks
Grapes, Pineapple, Banana
Sugar Free Jelly 0.5 Syns
Wispa Bite 1 Syn it was lovely but not sure if it's really worth wasting Syns on
Mini Asda Bubbly Chocolate 3 Syns

HEX A Milk in Tea / Coffee Throughout the day
HEX B 2x Wholemeal Bread
Total Syns 9

Last edited:
your weigh loss is amazing, really inspiring :) your menu today sounds good :)

Thank you Spooks it's been a long journey but it's an amazing feeling to be so close to the finish line now! Do you have a diary? It would be great to get some inspiration x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i think you have posted back to it hun :)

tomorrow im making a superfree soup.. with carrot potato onion baby corn leeks (love leeks) swede cabbage and parsnips :) its delicious and so easy add all the veg u like to 1.5 litres of water.. add 2 vegtable stock cubes and bring to the boil then leave to simmer for about 1.5 hours.. yummy.. if you like spicy food add some chillis :) then salt and pepper to taste xx

That sounds so good, I've always struggled with soups I never know what to put in them! I think I'll be giving that a go though x

its lovely and perfect on both hot days and cold days alike.. its freezable too :) i always keep some frozen if i get hungry at night (which happens alot LOL) i find my worse time of day is when the kids are in bed and im not doing anything lol :( pre diet.. i get to about 9 at night and start raiding the cupboards.. so to stop this id stop storing treats .. but this didnt work either so id end up ordering take out :( no more though xx (well so far so good lol) x

Happy Bank Holiday everybody, so here is today's plan but this might change as we may be going out for Dinner with family today funds permitting

Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2x Weetabix with Strawberries, Banana and Semi Skimmed Milk

Lunch- Cottage Cheese and Boiled Egg Salad with Tbsp French Dressing 0.5 Syns

Dinner Homemade Cottage Pie with a Mountain of Added Veg but this may change

No Snacks planned yet but this will change during the day to incorporate some Syns :) so I'll update later

I've decided to take Sunday mornings as my official weigh in day as before I was a serial weigher and just tracked my progress as any loss on random days across the week - not ideal :-s and usually causes me stress when I don't lose! I Should know by now how unrealistic that is too lol

Xxx

i used to weigh my self every day! :( im sure it cross's the line of mental tourment! lol.. trying to be good and not weighing myself at all just when i go to meetings lol xx

Ok so today really didn't go to plan at all, we went to my DH mum and dads for Lunch and they had a buffet but it was all things that definitely aren't slimming world :-( never mind I'll just drink my wine tonight and give the things they've sent us home with to the kids! Tomorrow is another day at least and lowish Syns for the rest of the week for me to try and make it up! I think being so close to target has made me complacent and I tend to have days where I will just binge :-(

spooks said:
i used to weigh my self every day! :( im sure it cross's the line of mental tourment! lol.. trying to be good and not weighing myself at all just when i go to meetings lol xx

I was exactly the same if not 3 times a day which was just crazy, it's so much better to wait but I don't like surprises lol, I hope you've had a good day today x

i am having a good day today and only 7 syns :0 lol

i have days where i just pick and binge all day :( trying to change that though, if i get hungry and wanna pick i have a green tea xx

spooks said:
i am having a good day today and only 7 syns :0 lol

i have days where i just pick and binge all day :( trying to change that though, if i get hungry and wanna pick i have a green tea xx

I'll have to buy some to try and see if it helps! Is it an acquired taste or not too bad? Congratulations on your good day today :) xx

ermm, its not to bad, for some it takes a bit of getting used too u can get different variety's,, tetleys do it with lemon, honey, blueberry and twinings do a pomegranate flavour all still free i think.. they make you wee loads!

i was once told that one mug of green tea tea take off 20 calories dont know how true but i tell myself that so i drink more! lol xxx

Ok so back to it tomorrow with a meal out with my nana (and I thought two weeks off work would help me stay on plan) luckily its my choice so we are going for a 'Sunday' dinner at a local pub who are very accommodating :) so tomorrows plan looks like this do far

Extra Easy

Breakfast - Banana and Shape Yoghurt

Lunch - Turkey Carvery with Broccoli, Cabbage, New Potatoes, Mash, 2x Stuffing Balls (they were really tiny) and 1/2 Tbsp Mint Sauce so I'm going to count 6 Syns for everything even though they said there was no butter in the mash but it tasted too good!!

Dinner - Boiled Egg and Cottage Cheese with a big Salad and Tbsp French Dressing 0.5 Syns - I was going to have Cheesy Potato Skins but I'm so full from Lunch I don't think I can face it

Snacks - 2x Alpen Light Bars for my HEXB

I will update tomorrow with any other Syns but after today I'm going to try my hardest to stay on track even with all the yummy food in the house

Last edited:
Sound delicious x

After a truly awful week of binge eating I'm crawling back to ask forgiveness and hopefully go back to 100% I've reviewed my target and decided I was aiming too low as it would have put me at the lowest end of my acceptable BMI so I've reset to 10 Stone which I think is far more realistic and means I've now got 8 lbs to go

I started back yesterday so I'll start again from there, I know it may not look like I've eaten that much but it's because I do a 15 hour shift at work every other Sunday and as a Dom Care Worker there isn't ever time to eat proper meals and it's restricted to anything you can eat in the car

Green Day

Breakfast - 2x Weetabix with Blueberries and Raspberries plus HEXA Semi Skimmed Milk

Lunch - Roasted Veg Cup a Pasta and a Greek Muller Light 0.5 Syns

Dinner - 1x Quorn Burger on WM Bread and Ketchup followed by Rhubarb Muller Light 1 Syn

Snacks - Banana, Pear, Tesco Fruit Finger Selection,
3x Fruit 'Fly' Biscuits 4.5 Syns

I've decided to try weekly Syns to see if this will keep me on track if I have a bad day

Syns - 6 / 105

Today's plan is something like this but I will update as I go :)

Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2x Weetabix with Raspberries, Blueberries and HEXA Semi Skimmed Milk

Lunch - Mushroom and Bacon Omelette with Tinned Tomatoes and a Shape Yoghurt

Dinner - Aldi Lamb Shank in Rosemary and Mint Sauce with Mash, Carrots and Broccoli 3.5 Syns

Snacks - Banana, Grapes, Pear
Rich Tea Biscuit 2 Syns
Meringue Nest with Shape Yoghurt and Blueberries 2.5 Syns

Daily Syns - 8 Syns
Total Weekly Syns - 14 / 105

Last edited:
I feel really pleased that I've managed to do two 100% days so far and I'm feeling really motivated especially after last weeks antics :)

So tomorrows menu will be something like this

Green Day

Breakfast - 2x Weetabix with Raspberries and a Banana

Lunch - 2x Ryvita with Pineapple Cottage Cheese, Cucumber and a Shape Yoghurt 0.5 Syns

Dinner - SW Egg Fried Rice with Spring Onions, Peas and Soy Sauce

Snacks -

Today's Syns -
Total Weekly Syns -

Back