Reinspired to do Exante.

Back in 2013, I did the Exante total solutions diet and within 2 and a half months, I lost 3 stone 9lbs.

I did not come off the plan properly and although I tried to fight it, I began binge eating with my partner at the time. At the time, my partners idea of normal food was processed and treats were going out for dinner. Over the years, I have come to terms with the fact that I am an emotional binge eating food addict. Really, it does not matter how I lose the weight, it's how long I can commit to a new lifestyle and keep myself aware and "awake".

Fighting away the depression and the boredom is the real problem. I am now most likely over 14 stone and hope to get down to 9 stone. I think daily control is the answer but at the same time I need to find a happy balance. Intuitive eating to end binge eating - just does not work for me. If I can eat what I want, I eat what I want. But it doesn't bring any happiness - I am uncomfortable in my own body. I feel like I am not at my best and that what I am showing on the outside is not what I am on the inside. My life feels like its on hold.

So I want to do Exante again. I want to do 12 weeks on the total solution and this time transition carefully and with support.

Does anyone know of any phone-call/skype support sessions for VLCD? :)

Best wishes to everyone on here! :)

"Actually, I just woke up one day and decided I didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. So I changed. Just like that."

Love that quote! And love your name. I found this really useful presentation on CBT and managing our minds https://ucalgary.ca/cdm/files/cdm/changeyourthinkingtohelpmanageyourweight20130412.pdf Hope it helps.

So odd!! I saw you on another persons thread and was just clicking on your profile when I noticed I got a notification! From you :D

I've just skimmed the presentation (but Im going to read it fully after this response) - it reminds me of Christopher Fairburns "Overcoming Binge eating" and I love that it uses Stoic quotes. Its one the reasons im thinking of commiting myself to weighing myself in the mornings, everyday. I think everything stems from a lack of self-awareness and I need to be finely re-tuned!! :) CBT is the way forward :)

How do you do your VLCD? I've been considering doing it for a month T- Total and then adding a portion of vegetables in, just because my skin went so dull last time.

Hi!!
You sound very similar to me. I lost 2 stones back in 2016 and now after a baby (over a year ago) I’m even heavier than where I started.

I too need to change my mindset and need to tap into a support system to cope with the emotional eating.

Hope we can help each other through this

Hi!!
You sound very similar to me. I lost 2 stones back in 2016 and now after a baby (over a year ago) I’m even heavier than where I started.

I too need to change my mindset and need to tap into a support system to cope with the emotional eating.

Hope we can help each other through this

Ahh really good to meet someone like minded !! :) Yes it's been a couple of rough days, questioning once again my ability to keep it off once i've stopped Total Solution. But my plan is to move on to the Simple Solution in December. If I get in risk of binge-eating, I might move to simple solution earlier but Im going to be kinder on myself this time round. Simple solution will be an added 400 calorie meal lots of veg and veg protein. It struck me yesterday how easy it is for me to follow something but then outside life can throw us right back where we started. I have a Christmas party in December with work, medieval banquet place and a 5 course meal. Im telling myself I can have one night and step back on the simple solution guidelines the following day. This is the hardest thing for me but it is really what I have to learn. I want to be 100% perfect but you know, but I think it's about learning to end the black and white thinking. I found quite a good quote for it "You messed up your diet and didn't exercise today - so what? You didnt ruin anything. Get back on track tomorrow. If you have one flat tire, do you slash the other three? Of course not." - These quotes are getting me through :D

But this is my 11th day of Exante TS and I've gone from 14stone 12 to 14 Stone 1 pound. I've been an emotional eater since the age of 8 and I find that when I fall back into the emotional eating I lose a year. Last year I cut calories and exercised and got down to 12 stone 11. Then a rather depressing event happened and I just felt compelled to overeat. So i've picked up my books and got myself into a routine of a walk everyday with my audiobook :)

Tell me more about you :)

@wmu and @rewiringmymind - I'm on a longer journey having got incredibly fat, then loosing it and regaining over 6 years or so. Now I'm on the verge of moving back to the city from the beautiful but lonely middle of nowhere, newly single and looking for a job. All a bit uncertain how where and when at the mo. So suprised to realise I'd piled so much back on.

I've been 100% VLCDs with low carb veg and berries on Alevere - so I've had a great salad most lunchtimes and sometimes raspberries. I'm now having some days like that (using dietimeal - as they have 5 sachets a day which suits me) with some keto low cal meals - eggs with my salad, white fish or chicken.

A
@wmu and @rewiringmymind - I'm on a longer journey having got incredibly fat, then loosing it and regaining over 6 years or so. Now I'm on the verge of moving back to the city from the beautiful but lonely middle of nowhere, newly single and looking for a job. All a bit uncertain how where and when at the mo. So suprised to realise I'd piled so much back on.

I've been 100% VLCDs with low carb veg and berries on Alevere - so I've had a great salad most lunchtimes and sometimes raspberries. I'm now having some days like that (using dietimeal - as they have 5 sachets a day which suits me) with some keto low cal meals - eggs with my salad, white fish or chicken.

Ah you have a lot going on! I bought my first house in September and I'm moving an hour away from where I've always lived - all by myself. So I can relate to how you're feeling. The house is being renovated at the moment but I'm hoping to move in December time. I see this diet as a way of putting my best foot forward for a new start. I started focusing on days ahead too much (panicked about a chirstmas party with a 5 meal course happening in mid December) so im just taking each day as it comes. Im still on TS solution, this is my 14th day and I'm down 13lbs. I've had some rough night sleeping and felt quite drained on some days but slept fine last night and painted my spare room yesterday ! Felt tired in the morning but once I started painting I had a boost of energy :)

I'm going to take it one day at a time and focus on plans for weeks. I think that's what helped me before. Once I've reintroduced food, I might do calorie shifting or 5 2 diet to maintain.

We have all got this, we can do this :D

Omg I so need some inspiration..... I have a box of Exante products but no willpower to use them. About 10 years ago I lost about 6-7 stone on Lipotrim and then found Exante, and found it quite easy. However due to family bereavements and work stress I went back to my old ways and put loads of weight back on... which is not stopping. Every few weeks I start Exante with good intentions - tried TS - not good, tried to mix in a bit of protein ie chicken and cheese to make it less hard, still no good. I am now at a point when just looking at any kind of food piles the weight on and I am thinking that I just going to have to accept that I cannot change. I would love to be able to get a few stone off - I know I will never be the weight the medical profession want me to be - that would mean losing about 12 stone - I would happy for 3-4 stone right now, but I don't have the patience or ability to do it right now. Its freeing to be able to put some of this on this forum as I know how much just talking about issues helped before, so even this little rant has helped me a little. I guess not giving up and keep trying is the key as one day it will kick in and be a breeze like it was 10 years ago.

Omg I so need some inspiration..... I have a box of Exante products but no willpower to use them. About 10 years ago I lost about 6-7 stone on Lipotrim and then found Exante, and found it quite easy. However due to family bereavements and work stress I went back to my old ways and put loads of weight back on... which is not stopping. Every few weeks I start Exante with good intentions - tried TS - not good, tried to mix in a bit of protein ie chicken and cheese to make it less hard, still no good. I am now at a point when just looking at any kind of food piles the weight on and I am thinking that I just going to have to accept that I cannot change. I would love to be able to get a few stone off - I know I will never be the weight the medical profession want me to be - that would mean losing about 12 stone - I would happy for 3-4 stone right now, but I don't have the patience or ability to do it right now. Its freeing to be able to put some of this on this forum as I know how much just talking about issues helped before, so even this little rant has helped me a little. I guess not giving up and keep trying is the key as one day it will kick in and be a breeze like it was 10 years ago.

I think in times like these it's important to remember that we are in control of ourselves. I completely understand where you're coming from, i've been there myself. Last year I lost two stone and then ended up binge-eating. I had reported a crime to the police and I used that as the reason why I couldnt cope and had to overeat. Really, there's no reason too and I know that. It's very hard to get into the "Mind-set" but say for example yesterday was a very stressful day and I still went on my walk. I then had a bubble bath and then went to bed earlier than usual. I think getting yourself into a routine is key, Breakfast Lunch Dinner, etc. I go for a walk before Dinner and after dinner I watch TV and then have a bath. I am only doing it the Exante way because I know when I'm in the size jeans I want to be, it will be a motivational kick for me to stay there. There's so many ways to lose weight and if doing a VLCD doesnt suit you or makes you unhappy then another route may be better. But certainly for quick results, a VLCD trumps. I sort of see it as the dieting part is easy but the maintaining part is the challenge. It's my 26th day on Exante TS and i've gone from 14 stone 12lb to 13 stone 6lb. I find using instagram and forums like this help me keep going and here is a list of my favourite quotes:

Actually, I just woke up one day and decided I didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. So I changed. Just like that.

We are not the stories we tell ourselves in our mind. We can break through and create a new story.

You become what you give your attention to… If you youself don’t choose what thoughts and images you expose yourself to, someone else will.

I consciously control my life and I am not a slave to my subconscious mind. I strongly desire and will succeed in stopping emotional overeating.

Be kind on yourself and know that you're capable of doing whatever you want to do. I hope i've helped, im never too good at giving advice hahah. But Im wishing you all the best whichever path you go down! :)

Back