RichF's Random Ramblings

Hey Rich,

I know how horrible weekends can be on this plan but you know what it's worth it when you get to your goal, you won't even remember those weekends you feel you lost out on. I'll admit i find it easier to become a bit of a social recluse and hole up in the gym but please remember this is short term not for the rest of your life! It's worth it. The reason I find Lipotrim the better option is because of the lack of taste it resets your tastebuds so you don't crave.....you don't get that with other diets that give you a little taste of the good stuff, that is where I fell down in the past. Trust no diet that says you can have a bacon butty! Haha!
You're doing great and love that you have your own support network going on now that's ace! Just please don't think the grass is greener and move to another plan... This works and all diets are crappy in their own way, if it wasn't hard it wouldn't be worth it!

Not updated for a while, but I'm not enjoying it at the moment so thought I would get it off my chest.

Still 100% on LT but this weekend has been awful. I don't struggle at all in the week, but this weekend was a friends birthday and I had no choice but to go to the pub to see everyone. From the second I walked in I wanted a drink and felt a tool stood there with my sparkling water. So I ended up having one water and leaving.

Although I'm never really hungry anymore, I'm craving food more than ever. It's not about eating, it's about tasting. I'm just so bored of the shakes and feel like I need some flavour in my life again. I've come very close to packing it in over the last 3 days and trying to find something with more variety (cambridge etc)

The one good thing is a couple of friends of mine have been impressed with the results I've had and have started themselves. so I now have my own little support network.

Anyway, it's weigh in day tomorrow. So I'm hoping that will spur me on again. I'll shut up now.

I struggle at the weekends too, during the week is to manic to notice but then at the weekend the craving monsters come to visit. I suppose we all hit the pint were the mental battle kicks in..

On the taste I get what you mean but stuck with LT as I like the fact that when you come of your tastebuds are effectively re-set and you are open to a whole world of new flavours and enjoyment but it's a personal decision and you have to do what is right for you. Let us know how you get on today.

Well I've weighed in another 5lb lighter. At first I was disappointed, but then looked at it as 18lb in 2 weeks and not even me can argue that that is good.

So now the way I'm looking at it is that I'm half way through this 4 week stint of pain. If I can do 5lb a week for the next 2 weeks that's my 1st goal of 2st done. I can then switch to a normal low carb diet till after my holiday then come back and have another go at getting whatever is left to get me down to 15st.

Well I've weighed in another 5lb lighter. At first I was disappointed, but then looked at it as 18lb in 2 weeks and not even me can argue that that is good. So now the way I'm looking at it is that I'm half way through this 4 week stint of pain. If I can do 5lb a week for the next 2 weeks that's my 1st goal of 2st done. I can then switch to a normal low carb diet till after my holiday then come back and have another go at getting whatever is left to get me down to 15st.

Well done Rich that's awesome, 5lb is definitely not to be sniffed at! Think how great you will feel on holiday! :)

Well done that's fantastic!!

Well done Rich. Glad you seem happier and yeah you've not long to go, if you've done it this long you can do it another 4 weeks :)

Thanks everyone. Only another 2 weeks, I can do that.

I've just been to the gym for the first time in weeks. Got in a good hour and a half session including CV and a full body workout. Was harder work without having being able to have my usual pre-workout supplements, but I assume they're not allowed on LT. And I feel a lot more tired after than usual, but I enjoyed it. So as weekends are my bad times I reckon I'm going to spend the time I'm not at work this weekend in the gym so I don't have to think about being out eating, drinking & being merry.

It's the weekend again. And once again I'm hating it. This is compounded by the fact I have a migraine and I'm feeling like crap.

I think this may be it for 100% LT. Considering changing to a normal ketogenic diet at weekends to keep me in ketosis, and do the shakes during the week. I know this will slow down my progress, but I think I'll be much happier.

I still plan on keeping a big calorie deficit, and spending plenty of time in the gym. But some grilled chicken or similar would just make me feel much better.

Rich sorry I haven't been on much- how are you now? I struggle big time at the weekend and struggled when off for 3 days last week. I can fly through the week no bother but the battle kicks in when I'm off. What did you decide? FWTW maybe try one more week and then make the call?

I think given the last few weekends youve had Rich the change is a good one for you. Do you feel better for it?

Well on Saturday night I shared a mixed grill with a friend and on Sunday I had some tandoori chicken. But... I didn't eat any carbs and I still lost 6lbs. I don't think it effected my ketosis as at no point have I felt hungry.
I have been back on LT all this week, however I am out for a friends birthday tonight so will be eating, but again I'm just going to eat meat and avoid all carbs.

I have to say I'm finding life much easier and I was planning on starting refeeding next week anyway. So will start reintroducing small amounts of carbs from Tuesday.

I still hope to give LT another try after my holiday to get to my overall goal weight.

Well it sounds like your plan is working for you and I think if something works then stick to it. 6lbs is awesome :)

If I kept my usual weekends up then I'd be feeling like you and finding them hard too, so I decided to take a step back and cancel all social events .. That is the plan that works for me. But honestly fair play for still getting a huge loss.

Back