Sammy's road to slimdom!!

It's nice to see your diary in my list. Hope the rest of the day went well. Good stuff on the running - apart from holiday biking and yoga I've let things slip.

Think it's a good idea to harness the day your little one's at nursery especially when you can distract yourself with housework. I find it amazing that we did this for so long yet now one day seems like a huge challenge.

That's so true, I think knowing it's only for one day makes it a bit harder as you can feel like what's the point if you're flagging and give in.

To finish my day yesterday I had a cold hazelnut shake at 5pm, some leftover cold chicken at 6 and a bar at 8.
Struggled but after popping it all into MFP and with my running added in I had consumed 948 calories and burnt off 420.
Scales were much kinder this morning and although it was hard I'm pleased I did it (albeit with a little cheat on the chicken!)

Feel hungry today though and today's been a normal day!

Wedding Anniversary tomorrow so definitely a non-diet in any sense of the word day.
;)

Luckily I managed a run today so hopefully that helps the salted caramel goodness indulgence that passed my lips on Wednesday!! Eek!!
I also had a bowl of cherries for dinner last night to help combat some calories!
:)

So, er, yeah, size 8 skinny jeans.

(They were from the TU collection in Sainsburys which come up big so probably a normal 10 and I'm certainly not going to be able to play any games of twister in them or anything!! But hey hey, let's not overthink it - label says 8...! 8!!)

Oh my poor poor diary... Hello little one!! Have dusted it off and am giving it another lease of life to play with the active diaries up here!!

Hi everyone,

I'll need to change my stats as sadly I let the 10's take hold (big style) and didn't stick to my mission statement to stay under them. I slowly crept up to 10,8 and have been hovering between 10,8 and 10,4 without ever pushing past that.

I'll do my stats later on big computer after weigh in - so ignore those for the time being.

Will weigh myself this morning and then gasp/cry/strop/let it sink in and then push forward with my plan!!

I'll not be able to go fully into SnS like before due to things going on, plus I'd like to keep up my running twice a week when I can and that burns around 400cals so it's not sensible.
But I'm going to do fasting days and low cal and low carb days.
I won't put food on here as don't want to upset anyone, but will just log my stats for the day.
For anyone wondering - I'm not a normal exercise running person at all!!!!!! It's something I started this time last year and it really helped keep me maintaining (until xmas and illnesses and too cold... Excuses excuses!!)

I've only got a few SnS goodies in the cupboard left over so will work through those then see where I am and whether to order anymore.

When I did this diet at the beginning I went fully in head first - it was hard - but I truly believe the support of these diaries and you lovely lot really helped me stay on the straight and narrow.
Any diet is hard. Any lifestyle change is hard. But you guys really helped so I'm hoping you can slap my wrist when I'm naughty, pick me up when I'm down and cheer me on when I'm winning!!! (Please!!)

So here goes:

Sunday 22nd March, 2015, 7am...

Post wee.
Scales in 'that' correct spot.
Fully naked weigh in.

10st, 4.25lbs.

Little girls just got up so will post my 'plan' later!! Timing!! Ha ha xx

Here's my first ever post... Sometimes it's good to see the original starting point to gain some perspective and find my inner source of motivation... :)

Hello Slim n Savers!!

I've been doing Slim and Save for a week now and loving it, but decided to start this diary to keep me going in the right direction!!

A little about myself...

I lost 3 stone on the Cambridge diet a couple of years ago before my wedding and felt great... but slowly the weight crept back on and I was back to my starting point.
Really annoyed with myself and decided to start a healthy eating regime to lose weight. It came off sooooooooooooooooooooooo slowly, and then stopped coming off altogether... Which I then realised was because I was pregnant!!

I then had a massive malteasers craze!! I'm really not sure why!! Mad! I put on 4 stone during pregnancy and had a little 6 pound baby!
Hmmm.

I lost a little bit of the weight but got stuck a stone over my pre-preggy weight. It just wouldn't budge!! Grr!

So I decided to go back onto the Cambridge diet-but then stumbled across this minimins forum and discovered slim and save.

Only my husband and my best friend know I'm doing this diet at the moment. I will eventually tell people but really would like to at least get a stone out the way and be fully in this diet past any side effects before telling people. I found with the Cambridge diet that a lot of people who didn't understand had a negative view of it and couldn't help but give their opinions. Many found it crazy, but if you've never struggled with your weight then I guess you would find a vlcd crazy.

I'd like another baby maybe next year or the year after but really would like to be down at my target weight before we start trying!!

So here goes:

Starting Weight: 13st,7lbs - 1st September 2013.

Will aim to get as much off as possible in these next 12 weeks.

Target Weight: 9st 3lbs - but really 9st 7lb but am aiming lower so that the 4lbs I gain on the refeed programme will take me to my happy target and then hopefully I can maintain from 9st,7lb.

I'm 5'4" so I should theoretically be anything between 8st -10st ish.

Mini goals:

September 14lb loss challenge

To be close to 10 stone by Christmas

To get into the 12's
To get into the 11's
To get into the 10's
To get into the 9's

To get into my size 10 Next jeans that I've only worn once!!

Wish me luck!!

Xx

Well done on nipping it in the bud and reenergising your thread. Like you I can't really do the full SnS although I may try a few rebalancing weeks in April. I'm never sure about the food talk aspect. Only seems to be a few of us reading and updating and I think we are all doing our own thing. I did try and move mine to general weight loss in case it offended anyone but no one dealt with my request so I just keep doing what I'm doing.

Looking forward to seeing the stats go down. :)

Yeah there doesn't seem to be lots of action on here lately but hopefully the few of us that are diddling about can give it all we've got and help each other with whatever plan we're following.

I'm cross with myself as I never actually got down to my target weight 9st, 3lb although instead of being angry I can make it my mission to get there this time.
I got to 9,10 and hovered around 9,10/9,12 for MONTHS but just could budge it past that (apart from when I had a sick bug!!)

I've got a crazy couple of weeks ahead THEN Easter!!
But figure if I keep waiting and waiting there will never be a good time to start getting this weight off. So I'm making a start with some healthy eating changes and logging my food and calories.

I know it'll be a slow ride but would like to get 1-2lbs a week off then can get a bit tougher with it after Easter.

My jeans are so so tight. I feel uncomfortable but the next size up are on the wiggle down and I have to keep yanking them up every time I sit down or move. They take my knickers with them too sometimes and that's just not a good look!! No one wants to see that!!
So I'm sticking with my overly snug jeans and hope that the uncomfortable feeling helps keep me motivated!

Also 10,4 has always been my plateau weight that's notorious for being hard to push past so I will struggle this week but am determined!!

Xx

Hi Sammy right here with you on a new start! Well done for not waiting until you'd regained everything before deciding enough is enough (I'm a measly half stone less than at the beginning of my diary last year grr)

Let's embrace the new season and get cracking :)

Ah Lou I did the same thing after my wedding - although went over and beyond!!
It's horrible when the realisation hits that we actually can not eat like 'normal' people every single day. Every so often we can enjoy 3 normal meals in a day, but do that 7 days a week and we start gaining!! It doesn't seem fair. And it's hard for anyone else to understand when they eat normally and stay the same weight.
I go running to help combat the extra calories and still see the weight either slightly creep up or stay the same.
My sisters and friends can eat what they like and not exercise and just carry on. (Well so it seems on the surface I guess).

Anyway, that's the wallowing out the way!

Ha ha.

Yesterday totalled up as:
1410 cals + 91g carbs

I wasn't particularly watching the carbs but was impressed I didn't hit triple figures. Anyways, apparently if every day was like that if be 138lbs in 5 weeks. Which is losing 1-2lbs per week when worked out. So guess I can put it to the test and see. As usual though-I want faster results!!
Today I'll do a 5K run if I can get myself shifting.
Got lots of chores to squeeze in before picking up my little girl at 1pm so better get moving!!
Hoping to aim for 1600 Cals or preferably less today so that with my run it'll be 1200. I tend to maintain around 1600-1700 (if I'm remembering correctly) so need to cut a chunk off each day and change my habits.

Happy (freezing cold) Monday everyone!!!

Xx

That sad realisation that you will be eating tiny portions. Forever. :cry:Haven't read your diary yet Sammy, going to have a nose for inspiration x

I hope it helps... I was as honest as can be!! :)

So today tallies up as:
1545 calories + 199(!!!!!!!) carbs!! Whoa! Lol.

Did a 5K run which I struggled with but did it. That's 380 cals burnt. But other than that been a pretty lazy bum day sorting papers.

Feeling hungry but have already logged my snack for later just haven't eaten it yet!!
Got the girls coming over.

Hope everyone's Monday was on the righteous diet path that they've chosen!!

Xx

Well yesterday's calories totalled 1972!! All went a bit wrong. Had my.. "If every day were like this..." I'd gain weight! Luckily every day isn't like this!!
I did a sneaky weigh in and the scales have shifted slightly in my favour so that's good.
Today will be a good day as can do a run this morning so that will help.
Tomorrow and Friday aren't very hopeful but hopefully I'll end the week with a loss on the scales!!
Fingers crossed. Then it's the dreaded totm. But will jump that hurdle once I've actually got to it!

It's sunny here today so that always helps my mood.

Xx

Today totals as 1441cals which is much better. Plus I burnt 400cals.
A much better day.
Hoping for an early night as I have a late one planned tomorrow!

Xx

Back