Sarah's Diary

I officially started my weight loss journey on 26th August. Fed up, depressed, tired, no motivation. I decided I can't go on no more. I deserved better. I turned 30 this year, and have never been an healthy weight in my entire life. Literally I have seen pictures of me as a tubby toddler.
The smallest I ever got down to as an adult was a 16 and to be honest - that felt pretty good but after 3 children, a cosy life and a sugar addiction the weight piled on.
On 26th August, I finally had enough, after feeling extremely guilty after a holiday away. I couldn't take my children on certain funfair rides for fear of embarrassment of the person telling me I was too large to go on the rides.
Its been 4 weeks and so far I have lost 10lbs. Which I am really happy with. I am currently doing a Maths degree while raising 3 children so finding time to exercise is pretty hard. But I am going to try and exercise at least 30 mins, 3 times a week while the kids are in school. Doing Cadio on the Kinect. I am calorie counting, but I am also eating healthy, plenty of fruit, veg, meat and some carbs. Will also be trying to drink a lot of green tea- I struggle with water.

26th aug/2sept 1st week 5lb's loss
2/9th Sept 1lb loss (was poorly with an infection)
9th/16th Sept (0.5lb loss) was on antibiotics
16th/23rd Sept. (4 lbs off)

I don't know if the small loses were due to me being ill, but I ate around the same on all days. The first week I did 2 hrs of cadio (through the week mind). The two weeks when I was ill, I left out the exercise. Starting back exercising this Monday.
I am eating around 1500-1800 calories a day.
I might not be able to post each day due to being busy with my degree but will try my best.
I am also going to be posting a food diary.

Aiming to lose 7stone.

So, today Iv done ok, but have not ate much - but don't feel so hungry either. Today my children had birthday party to go to. I don't know about you but I find it really hard at kids parties when your children has the loot bag at the end and offers you the cake because they don't like it. I could have been strong but I gave into temptation. it was only a small slice but I'll put it as 300 calories just in case.

So I started the day with weetabix and semi skimmed milk and a chopped banana.
I skipped lunch -(something I haven't done in 4 weeks) because I was at the party and I didnt want to eat anything because I knew I wouldn't stop (A lot of leftovers at the buffet table). I did have a coffee with a dash milk and sweetner.
I did have a Beef dinner over my sisters house after the party however, Beef, veg, potatoes, gray (no roast potatoes or stuffing or yorkshires). I was stuffed after the meal.
I have filled up on lots of coffees and teas however.

Weetabix, skimmed milk, banana 300 calories
Cake 300 calories
Beef Dinner 500 calories
Green Teas and Coffees 150

Total: 1250

I know this is a bit low but will probably eat more tomorrow as I don't normally skip lunch.

Iv done ok today ^_^

Breakfast: weetabix and banana with skimmed milk (300 calories)
Mullerlight: 100 cals
Mullerrice 106 cals
Dinner Jacket potato and Beans 600 calories
Tea: chicken breasts and Veg 350 calories
Coffee and teas 100
Total: 1556

I also had a sneaky weigh this morning. I know you shouldn't but I was chuffed to have lost one and half pound and now Im in the 16 stone bracket (I havent been down to the 16's in 5 years :O YAY!)

Hi Sarah - well done on your weight loss so far - nearly a stone is a good amount to have lost. Cake is a bit tempting, isn't it - I made some cupcakes for mum the other day and ended up having a couple, they were really good though, so were definitely worth the calories!

Hi Sarah - well done on your weight loss so far - nearly a stone is a good amount to have lost. Cake is a bit tempting, isn't it - I made some cupcakes for mum the other day and ended up having a couple, they were really good though, so were definitely worth the calories!

Thank you so much Lozi986. I am already feeling the benefits although it is going to be a long journey.
Talking about cake...
I had a really bad day yesterday. It started well, with weetabix, bananas and milk. But then I went to lunch with a friend and ended up eating too much. We went to a tea room little shop, where I ordered a wholemeal roll with cornation chicken and pepper mint tea. They did these gorgeous homecakes there and I ended up having a huge slice of coffee cake :(
Well I tried to tell myself, that Im not going to eat much later to compensate... However, a few hours later and Im eating left over turkey dinosaurs and smilies from the kids plates, followed by one slice of toast and beans in the evening.
Im not even bothering to count everything I ate, just put a strike through it and I started again today.
Today I have done pretty good.

Breakfast: weetabix and banana 300
mullerlight raspberry and cranberry 55
weight watchers meal with peas and carrots 500
mullerlight strawberry 100
Homemade Spaghetti bolengaise made with less than 5% mince. 500
green teas and coffees 100

total:1555

So not too bad today.

Hi Sarah, your doing great so far. Well done
Thank you so much tipperary.

YAY I finally got to a stone!! Weighed myself today and im now 16stone 10 and half ^_^. Iv been so busy the past couple of weeks with the kids and studying the volunteering I do but I more or less stuck to everything 100% except one day when my daughter had her friend sleep over and I ended up eating an entire pizza :eek:

So its been about 6 weeks since I started so it works out just a little over 2lb loss a week. Which I am shocked I managed to stick to this far. Also believe it or not, I dont feel hungry in between meals any more. I guess Im eating healthier and my body is getting used to a routine. I feel like I can do it, this time. Just taking everything a day at the time at the moment. But I am in a good place ^_^

So I weighed today and was a bit ecstatic. I lost 3 and half pounds this week. So I reworded myself with 2 jam and cream scones ^_^ Well deserved I think. I can't believe im done to 16 stone and half. ^_^ half way there to the 15 stone bracket. Its getting so much easier now with this diet. I know exactly what foods to choose and what foods are more filling and healthy. And also lots of green tea helps ^_^

Back