Scan Bran Recipe Thread

It really depends on which kind you make and how big you make them.

I make mine with 5 scan bran and 2 tbs nutella and it works out to be 8 syns and 1 HexB for the entire mix. You can work it out from there as to how many you make and how many syns each.

Will have to gives these another go, tried them once and they wouldn't mix together. xxx

Looby, if you blitz the scan bran in the food processor it makes the bits smaller and easier to mix. Failing that, use weetabix instead. Make sure the nutella hasn't been in the fridge or if you still struggle with it, heat the spoonful over a gas flame to warm it a bit before mixing.

how many syns in a tablespoon of nutella? and do you all bother to level your spoons off as mine are probably rounded so double whatever the syns are if im honest .. ooops!

I made these last night as we have a taster session tonight. I managed to divide it into 18 little balls too, I was determined to get them at 1 syn each. I didn't eat them last night, but left them in the fridge overnight. I tried one this morning and they're surprisingly good! I tried to remember the recipe but ended up using 4tbsp nutella (instead of 3) and 2tbsp golden syrup (instead of 3 as the recipe says). They're still nice.

And yes, I did actually try to level them off fairly accurately (though not obsessively so, and of course the bit that gets stuck to your fingers, requiring licking off, doesn't have calories!! :eek: )

was thinking of making these and mentioned to group leader, who reminded me that I would have to buy a jar of nutella....now could i resist a jar of it in my cupboards and not be tempted to pick up a spoon and dive in!

was thinking of making these and mentioned to group leader, who reminded me that I would have to buy a jar of nutella....now could i resist a jar of it in my cupboards and not be tempted to pick up a spoon and dive in!

LOL...My thoughts exactly when I heard about this recipe last yr!!!

However, I do now make them, with a VERY LARGE pot of Nutella, but after I've finished DP always puts it completely out of reach....not even reachable with a chair!!

HTH

I made them with Rivita Original, blended it first then added the nutella and golden syrup....wow!!! delicious!
I managed to make them into 18 balls and it worked out at 1 syn each...had to fight Hubby and Daughter away from the fridge!

Ok have bought the scan bran. Now I just need the nutella. Will get some tomorrow and have them this week. Will be interesting to see if the scan bran really are a 'speed' food and speed up my weight loss (hope the nutella doesn't hinder it!).

The hardest part is only sticking to the amount of nutella that you need and not licking the spoon!!! Had my Daughter do that so I wasnt tempted!! Lol.

these are heaven.. I had never had nutella before I made these and needless to say I now know why, Nutella is just devine. I will definately be making these as a chocolate hit for the weekends xx

they are good for fiber, i had 15 in a day the whole of my days syns,and i was on the toilet the next day, so they make u go, but god they r heaven

THESE ARE YUMMMMMMY!!!!!!!!! And one of the easiest things to make! I did the scan bran in the food processor and broke it down as small as possible. I used 3 tbsp nutella and 3 tbsp golden syrup which I then put in a little dish and microwaved for about 20 secs to make it easier to mix.

Next time I'll probably try just 1 or 2 tbsp golden syrup as I personally don't think it needs 3. I'm going to try Ryvita as well and see how that turns out.

Only problem is I want to eat them all but don't want to use up 18 syns!! I worked out that mine are 1.3 syns each if I don't count scan bran as HEX B. Think it'll be hard to count it as HEX as I'd then have to eat the whole lot and go way over my syns!

It really depends on which kind you make and how big you make them.

I make mine with 5 scan bran and 2 tbs nutella and it works out to be 8 syns and 1 HexB for the entire mix. You can work it out from there as to how many you make and how many syns each.

Does just using 2tbsp nutella disguise the scan bran taste enough? I fancy doing it this way so I can use them as a HEX B but not spend 18 syns!

Does just using 2tbsp nutella disguise the scan bran taste enough? I fancy doing it this way so I can use them as a HEX B but not spend 18 syns!

I used the reciepe from Annie and have to say that they were delicious. You could'nt taste the scan bran but you got the texture through. I have never used golden syrup in them as I am not sure it needs it. xx

I used the reciepe from Annie and have to say that they were delicious. You could'nt taste the scan bran but you got the texture through. I have never used golden syrup in them as I am not sure it needs it. xx

Thanks! Will definitely try w/out golden syrup next time. I think it made it too 'soft' as well and I like more of a crunch so that might help.

Screw it - am going to make some more today!

If you still want to use the golden syrup, I out mine in the freezer for a while to sort out the "soft" texture and it gave them more of a bite...took longer to eat as well.

Back