Scared I'm eating too much..

Madison

Hi,
I've just posted on my OD'd on dairy thread about the above concern I'm having. I have a history of binge eating (any form of carbs usually) and have done and re-done ww amongst other diets down through the last 20 years or so. As mentioned on the dairy thread, I was saying that once I open the large tub of yogurt or ff I just can't stop till it's gone so I've eliminated it from my diet. Well trying to anyway.

It got me to thinking this morning that I really thought I had kicked the binge eating habit but am slightly concerned that I'm eating way too much (protein) and if I'm honest sometimes probably just for the sake of it and because the Doc says unlimited protein and alot of folk seem to have best loses when they eat loads of it. I have lost 15

Just wondering if I give you my food intake for a pp day would you be able to tell me if you think it's way too much?

Breakfast - Dukan bread (1 egg, 1 white and 2 tablespoons of oatbran)
Morning snack - 1 smallish chicken fillet
Lunch - 1 and half tins of tuna or salmon with good amount of prawns and balsamic
afternoon snack- another small chicken fillet and one portion of sugar free jelly
Dinner - This is where I worry - I tend to eat a full pack (500g of turkey mince with herbs) or slightly smaller
amount of extra lean beef mince with herbs followed by 2 more portions of sugar free jelly.

Before bed the odd time I would then have maybe 2 eggs whites scrambled or the other half of a tin of tuna.

Have looked at the menu threads but mostly there's no amounts given so I can't really judge. I started the plan the end of Feb and have lost 15 pounds as of 3 weeks ago. Haven't weighed myself since. Have been jogging 3 times per week and found that the scales seemed to have stuck or maybe I have been eating way too much all along!

Any imput greatly appreciated as always. xx

Well some days I eat a much as you are and I have consistently lost weight...... However, I would try and address the eating for eating sake and go and do something else when that happens (if you can) - I tend to eat the most in the evening when I consume pretty much a three course meal, usually something along the lines of prawns, then chicken (lots of it), followed by tofu creme and two muffins and maybe some rhubarb! So I think just eat..... but with regard to eating through boredom etc!!!

I have devised a plan that I am sticking to as my binge eating has been a friend of mine all my life. I have 3 meals a day and 2 snacks a day. I find I am rarely hungry by the time snacks are due but I have them religiously. Once I am out of the safety of the ketosis I am sure I will feel differently and ready for my mini meals. One other thing is to maybe gather everything you think you will end up eating and lay in front of you, looking at it you will know whether it looks a ridiculous amount for one person to be eaten in one go, remove some of it and maybe you will be able to tell yourself this amount would be more appropriate for me to eat. It's tough because the doc say unlimited amounts but really we know that after cruise no one should need to eat a full roasted chicken in one go. good luck xx

I do flower, on pp day I have a full chicken for dinner most of the time, a 3lb-4lb one. Some days it takes me two meals to eat it.....but I'm the same as trudy and yourself, madison try not to eat if your not hungry and if your not sure have a drink of water, and if you bored post to occupy your hands it works for me lol maybe that's why I post sooo much x

Well said Siddid

I do flower, on pp day I have a full chicken for dinner most of the time, a 3lb-4lb one. Some days it takes me two meals to eat it.....but I'm the same as trudy and yourself, madison try not to eat if your not hungry and if your not sure have a drink of water, and if you bored post to occupy your hands it works for me lol maybe that's why I post sooo much x
I am sorry Siddid I did say not eat one full chicken in one meal and outside cruise, of course in cruise everyone eats ridiculous amounts of protein myself included, however I don't expect to still eat full chickens in conso or stabilisation, in my opinion ;).

Flower, it was my misreading of you comment.....you do say AFTER cruise lol its my cockeyes hahaha. Have a good Dukan day x

Back