Secret to shaping up

Thanks Kron I really appreciate that. I am soo excited to be starting. Do you know any websites that have a list of exercises to do with them? I found a few on womens health that looked good (well the windmill looked tricky but I'm sure once I get going it'll be ok)

Good form brings quicker results and no injuries :)

I train bare foot
I lift my toes off the floor to improve technique. Your weight should always be on the heel of your feet, this tip made the exercises more targeted

Squats etc - stick your but out, your knees should be in line with your ankles, your knee should bend at 90 degrees, feet to knee straight up, knee to but horizontal with floor making you lean right forward so your chest is above your knees
Hope I am explaining it ok stick your but right out behind you - keeping your toes up helps you into this position

Use your hips to bend
Practice standing very straight and bend upper body forward at the hips, keeping shoulders back and face looking forward, when straightening up pull with your but, you may have your knees slightly bent

Find your comfy stance, depending on the exercise feet about shoulder width apart, practice swings and squats with no bell moving your feet slightly until you are happy

Use your hips to swing
The power in the swings come from your hips, so thrust. Your hips propel the move

Listen to form provided by instructor on each exercise

Keep body straight, don't lean to the side when working on left or right
Try bell on floor beside one foot, squat and pick up bell, like a suitcase but keep body in line, don't lean to that side, reverse move to put it down

Hope this helps, if I think of more will post
Get swinging :)

Thanks that all makes sense I think. :D

Really really want that kettleworx set so am hoping to maybe get that next month when my pay goes in but was wondering if you had tried the 10 minute solution Kettle bell ultimate fat burner?? Thought it might be a cheapy to get me going ;)

sweet pink said:
Really really want that kettleworx set so am hoping to maybe get that next month when my pay goes in but was wondering if you had tried the 10 minute solution Kettle bell ultimate fat burner?? Thought it might be a cheapy to get me going ;)

My honest opinion when reading reviews etc, I don't like it as she uses dumbbells and doesn't do the swings
Sorry
It will most probably be alright to fill a gap and give you some moves that will tone you up

I might be better just waiting until I can afford the proper kettleworx one. I tried out some of the exercises from the exercise sheet that came with them & you can definitely feel them working so I hope I'm sore tomorrow (I feel like pain usually means gain on the exercise front!!!)

You can get some step by step exercises and instruction on web just google kettle bell exercises
I watched some on you tube
Key exercises to learn would be
Swings
Windmill
Shoulder press
Ab exercises - crunches, rows, full get up, twists, pullovers
Russian deadlift
Cleans
One legged deadlift

If you can find a few of these exercises and just practice the moves and get used to the bell it will be worth it

Kettleworx is fantastic, but since carrying on I have noticed technique on it not as hot as it could be so you could get quicker results than I did

I picked up loads of tips just ask google lol

Let me know how you feel, and what things you tried

Thank you once again. Off to google now :D

After my new dvd workout yesterday, I feel my muscles in my shoulders and arms, my butt and thighs have a delicious ache, and my abs feel sucked in :)

Hi Sweet Pink
I am very new to online forums, so bear with me
i really really want you to be able to start swinging :)

I sent you a friend request, because I want to offer you support

I would like to send you one of my dvds until you get your kettleworx set.

Not pushing you, but if you want to send me your address in a private mode (not sure how/if this can be done), i will post you a dvd. Once you have your set, just post it back to me

Just an offer, dont feel you have to accept it, i just want everyone to know the quick results you can get using kettlebells

Kron that is extremely kind of you & I really appreciate the offer. Me & hubby were chatting last night & watching some of the kettleworx clips on you tube & he has told me to go ahead & order the set soI was just going to ask you did you order them from kettleworx.co.uk?

I can feel an ache this morning so am convinced that this is going to be the answer & as hubby clearly pointed out the dvds though expensive are only really a couple of months gym membership so a saving in the long term :D

Loving your hubby :)
Mine started doing them after he started seeing my results, and his shoulders and arms are quite attractive now and he has lost a bit of weight eating my s/w dinners

Yes I ordered from their website kettleworx.co.uk
It came really quickly, so order it ASAP

Thanks Kron. Just ordered them from amazon as they were ever so slightly cheaper & the estimated delivery was quicker. Cant wait for them to arrive now!!

Please let me know when they come
Hubby's just started doing them again and is starting from the beginning again. We took some time off - on holiday and a few hectic weeks before messed up routine a bit

Will your hubby do it to?
I did enjoy doing it with mine, I did tease him as I used a heavier bell and was used to the moves, but he is a convert now and swears bybthem

I'm not sure if he'll do them to begin with but maybe after a while he'll give them a go too. I'm hoping that this will really help get me in better shape for a wedding I have coming up at the end of the summer too. I'm dying to go dress shopping but think I will hold off incase I drop a size between now & then. I'm a 16 at the mnute so even a 14 would be nice :D

Shall we have a bet :)
When is your do exactly, cos I think we could kettlebell you into a size 12 :)

Its not until end of august. I have a few size 14's that fit me at the minute though I would still realistically class myself as a 16 if you know what I mean. I can honestly say that if I can fit into a 12 by then I would be thrilled. I'm definitely planning on doing it properly 3 times a week everyother day with C25k & then 1 day a week off from exercise so I will try my very best :D

Hi sweet pink
You will be in a size 12
You sound so committed and I know the power of the bells
What a powerful combination

I believe you will be wearing something slinky and looking fantastic at the wedding
Go for it
I did it, so can you

Thanks. I would be really thrilled to be a size 12 as a size 10/12 is my goal dress size. To be honest I'm not so worried about the lbs now if the inches start decreasing. And all this exercise is making me feel so good too. You have really inspired me that it is something I will really enjoy. Now I just cannot wait to get started on the programme :D

Keep up with your food optimising, no point having great muscle tone if it's under a load of fat lol
Do you have any problem areas? I could suggest a couple of target exercises to throw in your routine
Amazon is really good, so hopefully only a few days before you can start :)

Back