Share your *MENUS* please (Atkins and Low carb)

well I had 2 large stuffed mushrooms at lunch time with some ham and handful salad leaves, and tonight I've just made homemade burgers with chives and grated horseradish.

yumscrumadoodles xx

yeah jelly for brekky lol... so fast and convenient and ive already got the cream out for a coffee! 2 birds 1 stone...

im not much of a nigella either so dont like doing too much cooking, im a liability ive been told...

change of menu for today, went to ikea and now they serve meatballs at the hot dog stand (10 for £2). perfect for a lunch on the run and yummy!

still roast chicken and mushrooms for tea though.

cant wait to try and boil a soft non-bogey egg in the morning with dippy asparagus soldiers. roll on thursday i say!

Scrambled egg with ham for brekkie, a baby bel for lunch with a few olives and lettuce, and a prawn and avocado salad for tea.

Not got around to the stuffed mushrooms yet!

Sugar free sweets (and accompanying side effects!!!:eek:) for snacks!

Hi guys,
I'm having chicken caeser salad without the croutons but with crispy bacon,loads of parmesan and half an advacado, lettuce, cucumber and bit of onion smothered in Graldinis ceaser dressing. I will have SF jelly for pudd and have made some spicy cheese melt thingies for snacks if needed.
Yum Yum.

wow ladies great info. Maybe some of you can help especially those of you who have done CD or LL. I am 6wks into LL have lost 31.5lbs and not struggling. Initially I was considering doing LL for the 14 wks and then following low carb/atkins do any of you think that this will work. Also, do any of you have any alcohol i.e. spirit and diet mixer? Would really appreciate some advise. Many thanks

No alcohol yet, I do know that aclohol is introduced from the 5th week of maintenance on LL, the reason why certain foods are introduced back into re-feeding over a 12 week period is to allow the glycogen to replenish slowly whereby you find a level where your body remains at a plateau weight, by drinking and eating everything straight away will open the flood gates to rapid weight gain again, it is not easy, this is the hardest part, dieting with a vlcd is the easy part, learning to maintain is a life long challenge.

Good luck hun

sue xx

shazpaz how was the bbq???? bet it was lurvely... we got rain today so no bbq for me in the near future!

alybongo, i fancy a chicken ceasar salad now! yum...

today i am having;

b - 2 coffees with double cream, scrambled eggs with ham and mushrooms

l - egg mayo sandwich filler and salad leaves

t - ???? maybe gammon, eggs, mushrooms...

ill wait for other peoples ideas before deciding on tea!

Last edited:
Also, do any of you have any alcohol i.e. spirit and diet mixer? Would really appreciate some advise. Many thanks

do you mean alcohol on atkins/ low carb diet or ll/cd?

i do have vodka and diet coke on atkins, have done so in the past and never had any probs with loss/sickness.

Ok today I'm having a bit of a meat fest.:eatdrink051:
Brunch - bacon, sausage, egg (scambled with a bit of cream and butter YUM) a few mushies.
No lunch too full from late brekkie, maybe a coffee and cream.
Dinner - sirloin steak in a creamy, mushroom sauce with a splash of brandy and green salad.
Oh and if I get peckish my trusty melted cheese crips. :eatdrink012:
Ordered some choccy and bars from Boots.com last night. I thought the bars would be handy to put in my handbag when out and about.
Oh yes forgot to say back in ketosis as from yesterday after my extremely naughty weekend. Strawberry chocolate martinis :hide:

shazpaz how was the bbq???? bet it was lurvely... we got rain today so no bbq for me in the near future!

alybongo, i fancy a chicken ceasar salad now! yum...

today i am having;

b - 2 coffees with double cream, scrambled eggs with ham and mushrooms

l - egg mayo sandwich filler and salad leaves

t - ???? maybe gammon, eggs, mushrooms...

ill wait for other peoples ideas before deciding on tea!

OMG the BBQ was Luuuuuuvly.

Today
BF Atkins Choc Chip Cereal Bar/coffee cream
L Bacon and cheese Omlette
D Chicken stirfry with ceasar salad

I'm at target now guys. I've not changed my ticker as I officially get weighed next week when I go for my last CD weigh in....Just gonna buy some banana tetras for emergencies.

I'm at target now guys. I've not changed my ticker as I officially get weighed next week when I go for my last CD weigh in....Just gonna buy some banana tetras for emergencies.

Well done for getting to ya target, you planning to maintain now or you going for a few more punds, not that ya need to

Im a cder.. but i cant tell you how much i love reading this thread.. lol.. you all sound like you deff know your diet well.. fantastic idea for a thread.. should be made a sticky.. :)

x x

oh no!, I thought alcohol was a no no, (probably best during induction though)!

I'm a red wine fan, but vodka and diet coke does it for me as well,
I'm out for a pub meal tonight with OH and friends, the pub is reknowned for their steaks and fish and I was going to be good about having a drink, but now I'm sorely temped!

sue x

B-smoked salmon and philly

L-green salad and ham

D-Greek salad (feta and toms) with avocado and mackerel

Snack- sugar free sweets

Tried making a milk shake too- double cream with two-thirds water in a glass, splenda to sweeten, caramel davinci syrup, lots of ice! Whizz with a whisk! Yum!!

Is anyone else struggling to eat on this diet?
I had my cooked brunch at about 11.00 and mid afternoon had some jelly and cream. I got steak out for dinner but just don't feel hungry.
So had a handful of peanuts to keep the protein up but will leave steak for tomorrow.
weird this time last week on CD, and in ketosis, I could have eaten a scabby donkey.

Well done for getting to ya target, you planning to maintain now or you going for a few more punds, not that ya need to

I'm going for a 'buffer' zone. I still can afford to lose half a stone...maybe a stone, then everyone tells me I look ill!!! I'm already being told, that I should stop now, thats why I've switched to Atkins. Most people will not notice now. I had a BBQ and people were all commenting about me eating. I thought...If only you knew!! I had to change my ticker...I couldn't wait til next Tuesday.

Sorry to change the subject...but advocardo's.....I forgot I can eat half of one a day! Going shopping tomorrow...lots of advocardo's and asparagus/bacon.

Is anyone else struggling to eat on this diet?
I had my cooked brunch at about 11.00 and mid afternoon had some jelly and cream. I got steak out for dinner but just don't feel hungry.
So had a handful of peanuts to keep the protein up but will leave steak for tomorrow.
weird this time last week on CD, and in ketosis, I could have eaten a scabby donkey.[/quote

LOL! But oh so true. Off to the USA in a week, so will probably do Atkins when I get back. Such rave reviews for it here. I guess it's due to the SS'ing we've all gone through. I just wish I could have SS'ed for longer cos then i wouldn't be in no mans land like I am now. (My fault entirely, I hasten to add)

I think its only common sense really. If you need to eat, do it in a way that will enable you to still lose weight. Reading through the CD threads all you read is people who have "fallen off the wagon" At least this way, we don't. Please don't misunderstand me, I have the very utmost respect for those amazing people who have lots piles of weight on CD, but for the sake of my sanity and my kids sanity, this is a better choice for me personally. I think not least because it actually gives me the energy to go to the gym 3 times a week and do an aqua aerobics session. My gym instructor said I could never have done that on less that 500 calories a day.
Ooooh...did I just blurt that lot out? Sorry...
Pinks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back