Shelbell's Baby Diary

It was quite an unusual day for hubbs yesterday, he's normally home by lunchtime. He's a field engineer, so home based and finishes work when he's fixed all the machines he's been sent to that day. Means he drives all over the north of england, so he has to be alert enough to stay alive on the motorways all day. Unfortunately he has another long day today by the look of things, and then my son and him are going to the theatre for panto tonight with my mum, so it's just me and Charlie this evening. Overnight though he'll be making up for it, he's already been warned!

Well last night I thought we were going to have a good night. Didn't work out that way though! By 4am I'd only had about an hours sleep and Charlie still wasn't settled so I kicked hubbs out of bed and made him take over for a couple of hours. We've been up since 6.30am so I managed 2 1/2 hours sleep lol. He seems a lot better already, not so much screaming trumps and bowels are back to normal, but for some reason just didn't settle well. So today will mostly be spent dozing on the sofa watching family films with my son who has an inset day from school.

Not completely there Shel butgreat improvement for Charlie, hopefully you will get right to the root of it soon and you can all get some rest. I think a 'diet' of those family films will be just what the doc ordered for today.

Take care

M

I have news :) Charlie's stool test came back positive, so it's been sent off to the big children's hospital for further tests to find out what it is that he's allergic/intolerant to. I know it seems odd to be smiling about a positive test result, but after being told by so many mum friends that its just wind over and over I was starting to doubt my instincts and worry it was bad parenting :( Atleast now we know that we are getting somewhere and whatever the problem is we'll be able to manage it. So he'll be staying on the hypoallergenic formula and hopefully will continue to improve, although it will take a while for the old milk to work out of his system. I'm gonna get my contented little baby back :)

What great news! You were right and it's not odd to feel relieved by a positive.. its the first step in the right direction. And quickly spotted. ((hugs)) about doubting yourself, we all do it don't we. ((Hugs))

Really hope that it all is sorted soon and your happy lad is back. x

Morning all :) Yesterday we took Charlie up to Manchester for the day for a surgical weight loss meet up. There is a group of us that meet up regularly up there and have become good friends so this was the first time they got to meet the little man, and he was coo'd over endlessly! He was great all day, but had a really traumatic feed on the way home and seemed as if the milk was hurting him! Overnight he's been fine though so hopefully it was a one off. We've stopped the infacol now incase it was that.

I've been doing lots of reading on milk protein allergy and lactose intolerance, and if it is a milk protein allergy we will have to change his milk again. I'm thinking it probably is as he is still showing symptoms and the nutramigen 1 is supposed to resolve all lactose intolerance symptoms within 48hours (it's been 72 now). Feel a bit better for knowing more about the problems and understanding more about the diagnosis and treatment process.

Lost another 1lb in the last 3 days, so thats 2lb down this week. Trying to find the balance at the moment in my intake to maintain my weight so obviously need to try harder!

Morning all :) Wanted to share these piccies with you, as i know there has been a lot of talk about slings! Ours is an Infantino easy rider or something like that lol, got it second hand through netmums :)

sling2.jpg

sling1.jpg

does it pull on your back at all? i have such a dodgy back that if i was going to get one it would have to be one with full back support. i think slings are fab though.

you both look fab. i love your hair :)

abz xx

Thanks :) Abz my back is awful too lol. We have only used it to go to the baby clinic, which is not at all far from home, but so far so good! It seems to spread the weight, it isn't all concentrated in one place.

Great pics! love the sling :D
you are sooo slim i'm jealous!

Morning all :) Wanted to share these piccies with you, as i know there has been a lot of talk about slings! Ours is an Infantino easy rider or something like that lol, got it second hand through netmums :)

sling2.jpg

sling1.jpg

lol you're joking! lol I tried on my size 18 jeans today.. bearing in mind I was in a 14 skinny the week I found out i was pregnant.. and well the 18's don't even do up!! :( Am hoping it's still my uterus going down and blood etc, but not good.. lol Will worry about it after xmas though.

Jane, don't fret about losing the baby weight just yet hun. Enjoy using the excuse "I've just had a baby" for a few weeks or so, then settle back into your diet.
There's no immediate rush hun xxx :)

Morning all. Just a quick message to let you know Charlie was admitted to hospital on the 30th, with breathing problems. He has some kind of viral infection they think but are mostly just monitoring him. So obviously hard to get online right now. Hope you're all well.

Hi Shel

Hope they get this sorted for you soon it must be very worrying but babies are so resilient they bounce back from challenges.

M

Awww, get well soon Charlie xxx Hope you're ok Shel xxx

Back