Should I change group?

ThatBubbs

Silver Member
Bit of background story - Recently after I moved house across town I was thinking about changing group as I get there via public transport. My ‘old’ group announced they were moving venue further away so much as I liked the C, I decided to move groups to one nearer to my new flat to make sure I kept going, as I’d hit a bit of a bump (ahem junk food ahem).
I’ve been there 4 weeks, and though the C is nice the class feels a bit haphazard for me, there’s lots of incessant noisy chatters etc. I thought fine, I like the C, I’m motivated I’ll keep going.

This week another local C filled in as mine is on holiday. This woman was enthusiastic, motivating, really well prepared with displays etc (my C doesn’t have anything like that) was keen to promote body magic and other aspects, and I felt really energized on leaving. I’ve found out that she does a group which is about as near to my flat (it’d mean getting a bus there and back, but it does now) Will the current C be really offended do you think, if I switch? She doesn’t do facebook nor twitter, doesn’t text anyone and I don’t have details about from her home number (as I already had my book) so couldn’t really inform her that I was gonna move. Additionally the weigh in is on a Monday night, I normally weigh on a Wednesday so I dunno how it would work for me / if it would work. What I do know, is that I felt super energised after meeting this C, I felt like she really cared about the class even though she was just standing in. I just feel a bit bad that I’d be ditching the current C already, after she’s been on holiday a week :/ The other class is technically nearer to where I live though

*confused face*

You're worth the best, go where ever you feel more motivated! Maybe go to the stand in C's one next week and see how you feel? My mum has just moved to my group as she found it much better (and she is staying too - she weighed and went at the other group lol) xxx

Thanks ladies, I think it is the right thing to do... will the C be able to weigh me as it's only 5 days after last weigh in?

Contact the new consultant and explain that you would like to come to her class as it is more convenient - she will be delighted to have a new customer and she can tell you what she will do about weighing you. And ring the old consultant and say you are very sorry, but you find it easier to go to the other group (because of location, day of meeting, whatever, no need to go into details) - it is polite to do this and she won't have to waste time chasing you up.

You have to do what is best for you - as I see it it is the cons job to motivate you and help to keep you on track this is what you are paying them for. Your current Con just sounds lazy. I moved groups a few months ago as I was going back to work after maternity leave and the other group was more convenient. The Cons at my new group is so much better. I get motivating txts and they talk to you in group rathern than you've had a gain/lose/STS ok and moving on.

If you can't get in touch with your current cons I wouldnt go out of your way to contact them, they will be able to see on the system that you've gone to another group and they should have been on the ball and given you their contact details when you joined them. I know it sounds harsh but if you got bad customer service in a shop then you would go somewhere else this to me is the same thing!

Yeh, I agree with others, its your money. You've found another consultant who is better, so don't feel guilty! :) when you have a facebook group, a mobile number to text etc it makes it so much easier through the week if you need help! I'd deffo change x

the group i go to is 7.30 and i find it a bit late, there are lots of people aswell so by the time we all get weighed in it is ages before the session starts properly, i thought i may switch and see what the difference is in a different group, i wanted some exchange of food ideas etc and it doesnt seem to happen that much i think it is a lot to pay to be weighed if u dont stay and get some ideas etc

Thanks all. I've contacted the prospective New C to see if it would be a problem, if I can find any details for the current I'll let her know I won't be attending but I have a funny feeling I've never been given any :/ (I went along from seeing a leaflet posted in the place I do my singing with the days / time)

Thats the thing, the night time group was fine but I was having to leave before the raffle each week (after buying a ticket) because weigh in itself was from 7 til 7:40 and then the meeting ran over and the buses back home weren't so often. I think I need someone I find really motivating, someone who seems in love with slimming world itsself and while my old old C did the recent one not so much. You're all right in that we need to do what's right for us and our weightloss journey, and I'm too prone to being half arsed to actually benefit from a less full on C!

If you go on the slimming world website, they list all the local groups and consultant contact details on there, you just need to pop in where you live. Hope that helps.

I'd move, your paying and need to get the best service for you. You could always tell your other consultant that you realised the other one was closer (if you feel the need to speak to her at all) or even say Monday nights are more suitable for you.

You will be able to weigh 5 days after as well, because it will be counted as a new week.

Back