Silver's Diary

OMG Silver - you have described the American thing perfectly- it's exactly how I found it when I lived there!!! My lovely friend Georgia has been in KY for two years and says exactly the same thing....... And good friends are invaluable aren't they!!!? Glad you had a restful day and were Dukan good - keep going lovely gal! x

Good friends are indeed invaluable! And hard to find! I'm very lucky that I had a small base of Europeans over here to hang out with otherwise I probably would have driven James demented and I'd probably have a lot more than 2 cats and a dog.....:p This girl would be super handy to have as a friend though, because not only is she fun but she's fitness mad and free during the day a lot of the time. I've been getting v lonely and cabin fever-y the last while. I just need a job really :p

Another PP day yesterday :) And it seems to be paying off! 172.2lbs this morning! :D

Breakfast was yoghurt and oatbran.

Lunch was eggs and low fat sausages.

Dinner was steak.

I also got to see a physio/chiropractor yesterday and the difference already is pretty huge! :) I have to try a short practice run today and then I have a follow up appt on Thursday. I'm feeling optimistic about the 15K for the 1st time in 10 days :D

Oh that is great news Silver and the weight loss is awesome - good gal - keep going - nearly there!!!

Final PP of my little mini Blitz today. Breakfast was yoghurt and oatbran.

Lunch was eggs and low fat sausage.

Dinner was a little bad because James got a promotion in work and we went to a mexican restaurant to celebrate. I had some calamari to start and steak and prawns for the main. They came with corn and leeks and potatoes. I had a forkful of corn and 2 or 3 of the potatoes and got the rested boxed for James to have for lunch tomorrow :D He got himself a big ass burrito :p

I had a good day today, feel like I got a lot done. Brought Rua to the vet, called my Doc to get a follow up appt on my new meds, I got the practice run the physio prescribed done, and went to the gym and worked out the payment for the next 2 months of my PUSH Box clas . They're going to give me March free and I pay April so it works out that I'm getting like 8 days free :)
Did I mention that I'm going home for 3 weeks mid March? Which is why I needed to sort out the class payment. There was no way I was paying for 2 months when I'd be missing almost an entire month, so I was really happy with how it worked out :)

Oh trip home - how exciting - your friends and family that haven't seen you are gonna be blown away by the new you!!!! What incentive to keep going Silver! Glad that you got the gym payment thing sorted out - so annoying paying for things you don't use!!! It reminded me that I paid a monthly gym membership for over 18 months and went once in all that time - what a waste!!! Try not to do those things anymore!!! LOL! Mexican celebration for James promotion sounds good and that you did damage limitation! Well done! Keep going Silver - just think of all those amazed people seeing you for the first time when you get home!!!! xxxx

Thanks guys :) I am super excited to go home! And I'm keeping it as a surprise for my mam :) Everyone else knows but her. She's been really pushing for me to come home for a long while now so I'm going back for the Easter holidays when she'll be off work. My plan is to pretend to forget Mother's Day because the American date is different and tell her I've sent something and that it'll arrive in about a week and then I show up on the 19th with chocolates and flowers :D That's the only thing I have planned so far. If I try plan anything else it's almost guaranteed that someone will let it slip that I'll be home. I really can't wait to show everyone the new me though. It's going to be great!

So today was supposed to be a PV but I accidentally did PP out of habit :eek: and I was also bad. I had a scare while driving and needed something to calm my nerves....so I had a Klondike bar, which is basically a Choc Ice. James had them in the freezer and tbh I don't regret the slip. Other than that it was the same old PP day. Breakfast was yoghurt and oatbran.

Dinner was steak and more yoghurt as dessert.

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. Got some chores done. Brought Rua up to get her nails clipped which she hated, poor thing. I also met up with a friend this evening for coffee which was nice.

I feel like I did so much more today but I can't for the life of me remember what it was :(

100% behind that thought Silver - go gal!!! xxx

So yesterday was PV and to be honest I can't really remember what I did :p I know I had a physio appt, did some shopping and that my dinner was steak, rocket salad and some roast BNS but that's about it.

Today was the first day of Conso :D Breakfast was yoghurt and oatbran.

Lunch was rocket salad with mini shrimp, eggs, tomato, beetroot and some onion.

Dinner was chicken, asparagus and roast BNS with rhubard for dessert.

I tried some cardio today on a crosstrainer. Managed 6 miles in 54:40mins which is not too bad considering the break I've taken. Physio recommended I do the cardio yesterday and today but I didn't get to yesterday, mainly because I was lazy :p Tomorrow I'm picking up my race packet and I might buy a t-shirt or something :) Oh and I found out the guy who's running the 15K has an injured foot and may not be able to complete the race :( Twill be a lonely race if he drops out.

So first day of conso was basically a PV day!!! LOL! Nice menu Silver! Hope your race buddy doesn't drop out and well done on the x trainer - I used to love getting on that machine and watching rubbish telly whilst exercising!! Had the machine in my living room until I got so guilty not using it that I sold it!! Wish I had held onto it now!!! LOLOLOL!

Hip feeling better? xxx

Sorry for the lull in activity. I had a weirdly active/inactive weekend :p

Saturday I brought James out to his football match and brought Rua to the dog park, which she adored! Then nothing for several hours and then I had to rush down to the airport to pick up my friend, rush back to meet some other friends for dinner and then meet a different group friends and my husband for drinks (none for me) and finally home at midnight-ish with less than 6hrs to sleep before I had to get up for my 15K :eek: phew! And I did not sleep at all :(

Food for Saturday was my usual breakfast of yoghurt&oatbran and lunch of eggs. Dinner was BBQ ribs (not much sauce) with some veg.

Sunday I got up at 6am to get ready for the race. Breakfast was yoghurt and oatbran and a slice of toast with Bon Maman raspberry jam for fuel :p I was a bit later getting there than I would have liked but I got into my starting corral a few minutes before the first corrals gun went off :) I did far better than I could have hoped! I managed to keep to my goal pace; the pace I'd set before my hip problem! And I had been worried that that was ambitious :D
After the race I went straight to the"Finishers Mug" handout area and demolished it! Hot chocolate and chocolate fondue with fruit, a rice crispie square, pretzels, a marshmallow and a few other goodies were all gone in 5minutes :rolleyes:

When I got home I crawled back into bed with my hubby, after a shower :p, before he convinced me to go for a celebration brunch. He really had to twist my arm lol. I was a bit naughty at brunch. I had 2 mimosas, eggs benedict with home fries, and a half portion of their oatmeal apple cobbler french toast! I was in heaven and pretty much passed into a food coma when I got home :p

Dinner was a steak late that evening and a small portion of rocket and cherry tomatoes....and James bought me a low sugar apple pie for dessert... :whistle:

Today I stuck with almost pure protein. My usual fair except for dinner, which was mince turkey cooked with a very small mix of veg(onion, mushrooms and spring onion). I also had a physio appt though my hip was feeling pretty good this morning. Practically no pain :) I'm going to the gym tomorrow and doing another mostly protein day to assuage my guilt :p

So today was my Protein Tuesday :) I decided against doing my protein day on Thursday 'cause we often end up going out that night as well as the rest of the weekend :p

Breakfast was yoghurt and oatbran.

Dinner was the left over mince from last night.

I went to PUSH Box class today and we started learning how to do muscle-ups. My forearms are killing me!
This evening I met up with some friends at an oyster bar, but I'm not a big oyster fan to be honest. After that I had a nice evening in with James and I started teaching Rua to bark on cue. She's a super quiet dog and rarely barks at all so it's been fun trying to teach her that trick :)

Back