Sleek_Chick's diary

I hope we all are, Cate! I am so ready to aim for the next stone bracket :)

Thanks Metallichick! It just goes to show how shallow men are, and how 'fattist' society really can be. I don't know why people and the media feel it's okay to mock those who are obese/overweight or isolate them; it's really unacceptable. Why are people deemed to be less of a person just because they are overweight? I agree with your choice of wording - they definitely were morons! Your friend definitely has a point - it could be a coping mechanism to deal with the extra attention. For me personally, when I am slim I feel I blend in, but when I gain weight I feel more exposed.

Morning everyone,
Hope your Fridays went well. I am happy to say I am OFFICIALLY IN THE 14s! I am getting big whooshes, which must have been due to the fact I had TOTM last week. 2 lbs down - and it feels so good to be out of the 15s. Have a great day everyone.

Well done. Hope I can join you on Monday.

Hi SC. You're doing brilliantly. Roll on the 13s!

Thanks Bob, it really does! Can't wait to reach 13s now, but feel as though it is so far away!

Thanks Kate, so close now.

Thanks Lynne, I can't wait to be back in the 13s.

Fourth week weigh-in and I lost 2.8lbs. A little bit disappointed as I would have loved to hit 1 stone and a half, but it's still a loss. Hoping for a bigger loss next week. In the 14s, but only just. I can't wait to get to 14 and a half - that will be my next mini goal. Still 100%, but I have decided to TS for one more week, then I will have my meal week. I will then move back down to TS. Here's hoping next week brings me a nice loss.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Last edited:
Hi SC. 19.8lb in 4 weeks is fantastic! I bet you'll more than hit that 1.5 stones loss this week.

Thank you Lynn! I did!

I managed to lose another 2.8lbs - I had hoped for more, given that I have been 100% TS, however I have not been to the toilet since Saturday (TMI). I ordered some psyllium husks, which I started taking yesterday so hopefully that will help. Decided to make this week a food week, in hope that it will give me an added boost. I will be sticking to protein and salads/vegetables; I must admit, I am excited at the prospect of being able to chew something other than the meal packs. Last time, I added a meal in week 12 when I was on CD, I didn't lose. I really hope I do lose something and hit 14st 7 next week.

Last edited:
Well done hun. Almost 3lbs - that's a good loss. That would be 11.02lbs in four weeks and I reckon anything above 10lbs a month is great - 10lbs is a nice big number to shift in a month. Have a good food week and hope you manage a 'movement' soon. LOL. x

Fab weight loss in only 5 weeks SC, well done x

Thank you, Cate! I never thought of it like that, but you are so right!

Thanks CP! I am happier; still feel as though I have a long way to go, but I feel better in myself.

Had my first meal yesterday, which was a salad containing: spinach, avocado, a sprinkle of sunflower seeds, cucumber and a small amount of gorgonzola. I had it with a chicken breast and was so full, I couldn't eat it all. Scales showed a 0.4 increase this morning, but I am not so bothered. I know it is only water retention. The psyllium husks seem to have helped, so will continue taking them.

I just received my exam results and I am happy to say I passed with a distinction; the job I start in September was conditional upon passing those exams, so I am a happy bunny. Hope I can lose almost a stone by then. I am going out to celebrate tonight to a Thai restaurant; going to stick to stir fried vegetables and chicken.

Well done on your distinction!! What's the new job? Enjoy your meal out tonight.

Well done on your distinction!! What's the new job? Enjoy your meal out tonight.

Thank you, Cate! The new job is as a trainee solicitor. :)

I had a wonderful time, last night. The food served was amazing and so tasty. For starters, I had a king prawn (which was huge!) and avoided the spring rolls; then, I had stir fried mixed vegetables with baby chicken in a red wine sauce. I also had a small portion of fish in coconut and chilli sauce. I am happy to say I managed to avoid the rice and noodles, as well as alcohol and stuck to water. However, I could not resist dessert; I shared a small chocolate fondant, which was served with ice cream. Needless to say, I was absolutely stuffed and gained 2 pounds this morning. I know it water retention, as the vegetables were rather salty.

I have had one shake so far today and plenty of water; still have two shakes left and my meal. I will be having salmon and asparagus.

Congratulations on your exam results! sounds like you had a lovely evening out and are making good choices. How have the last couple of days been?

Thanks Crisp. I must say I really enjoyed adding a meal this week; I made healthy choices, sticking to protein and vegetables.

As much as I enjoyed adding a meal, I am looking forward to returning to TS. I gained 1.4lbs this week, which is disappointing; apart from Friday when I had dessert, I have stuck entirely to protein and vegetables. However, my TOTM came this morning so some of it is possibly water retention. Really hoping for a bigger loss next week to get me back of on track to hit my 2 stone loss.

Feel your disappointment on the gain. Here's to a great weight loss next week x

So disappointing when we have a gain but if the TOTM I'd say you're right in thinking it fluid retention. Have a good week chick xxx

Hi, hows it going?x

I'm sure it's just a blip. You'll probably have a good loss next week. Chin up and keep going. x

Just catching up. Brilliant news about your distinction and new job. Which type of law do you plan going into? Shouldn't worry about the weight gain - it will soon come off!

Thanks for the words of encouragement CP, Cate, Lynne and Metallichick. CP, it wasn't that bad getting back on the TS bandwagon, although I did like having a meal.

Thanks Lynne :) The firm I will work for has a vast array of practice areas, ranging from property to family. I am not sure which areas I will get to work in, but should learn of them pretty soon. Having said that, I really do enjoy family law, so I would like to take a seat in that. However, it is an emotional area.

This week I managed to lose 5 lbs (3.6lbs excluding my gain), so I happy about that. Hoping the AMW did the trick and hoping to hit my 2 stone loss next week. I am now under 14 stones and 7 lbs. Really hoping to get into the 13s by September.

I was a bit disappointed, as I do feel I have been losing quite slowly, but I am losing and that is the main thing. I feel much better, my clothes are looser. Plus, my BMI has gone from almost 36 to 31.7.

Back