Slim for Summer 2014 - Jools diary

Getting very frustrated with this, STS last week and this week I have gained 1lb so far! I'm not eating over 1200 cals a day, I do kickboxing twice a week and a 30 minute home workout 3 times a week. Don't know what's going on!

Try upping your calories a bit. It sounds silly but 1200 seems a bit low with all the exercise you are doing x

I did wonder if I should up them, thanks will try it x

Hi Jewel, Im no expert in calorie counting but 1200 does sound really low for the amount of exercise your doing, but maybe you should try sticking to 1200 but cut down on your exercise just for a week to see what happens x

Last edited:
I upped my cals and lost 2lbs then a couple of days later I had gained 6lbs! You read that right....6lbs!! I am now cutting backon the exercise and going back to 1200 cals. Bodies are just so stupid!!

Hi Jewel,

6lb is just crazy was it TOTM?

I remember having the same problem when I was at WW as I'd never loss more than 0.5lbs then some weeks I did exercise I'd loss nothing but then the following week I'd drop 2lbs!!, and my leader always said to me it was because I wasn't eating enough and I'd see bigger losses if I increased my points, but when your on a diet the last thing you want to do is eat more incase you start gaining!!.

Health wise I'm not quite ready to re-join WW yet but when I am, to stop myself falling into the same trap this time I'll re-join and start eating the maximum amount of points allowed and if I don't loss I can drop a point a week until I start seeing a loss because I'm sure last time I started off on fairly low points so had nowhere left to go as I was then scared to increase them.

I'm scared to get weighed because I know I've probably regained most of what I lost on S&S but I just keep reminding myself that for now it's my health that's important not my weight xx

That does seem odd. I think our bodies just laugh at what we plan. It's hard to give up on the exercise when you're enjoying it so much. Couldn't you just keep going with a few more cals and the exercise and see what happens and measure. I'm experimenting with food and the fluctuations are driving me a bit mad but the general trend is down.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Hey all, I dropped the exercise a bit and stuck to 1200-1400 cals and have dropped the 6lb gain along with another 2lbs. Don't know what happened there but seems back on track now. It wasnt even TOTM, crazy!! So, I'm doing my two 1 hour kickboxing sessions a week and 1 or 2 half hour workouts at home but instead of doing lots of cardio at home I'm just doing situps, press ups and squats mainly. I'm 11st 1lb now and itching to see the 10s x

Are you still on S&S Clinquant? xx

Thanks Tracy, how have you been? On the mend a bit? x

Are you still on S&S Clinquant? xx
I am but I'm probably going for closer to 800-1000 cals these days and adding real food in. Finding it's helping me not be scared of maintenance and socially it's helping a bit more. Got two stone to go but I feel OK and think it might stop my face looking a bit haggard if I go more slowly now. I'd be happy with a pound a week as long as I carry on feeling calm around food.

Sounds like a good plan. I'm glad I stopped S&S when I did as I would have had far too much loose skin. The exercise is really helping to firm it all up now. I still have a stone and a half to go though so will take a bit of time but I'm ok with that. I've been eating well but having the odd treat and alcohol and I have definitely learned how to control my portion sizes. I find that things I found bland before (salads and fruit) are delicious now!! xx

Hi Jewel,

How is things going?

I can't officially join a slimming club yet as I still have a lot of surgery etc coming up but as of next week I really need to start cutting down so I may give calorie counting a shot, as I left S&S at 12.3 (just 17lbs from my goal) but as of today I'm back to 12.11 so I need to do something quick x

Hi Tracy, I havent been in here recently, I went off track a bit eating wise as had family down for a visit and it was lots of takeaways and alcohol. I have went back up to 11st 11lbs so a 10lb gain but have went back to eating better and still doing my kickboxing so hopefully will shed this in next month or so. I've kicked the arse out of the drinking over easter hols so staying off that for a while too. Hope you're starting to feel a bit better xx

Hi Jewel,

I'm the very same weighing 13.1 now so I have regained a full stone, I'm feeling great now but keep putting my diet off wanting my surgery out the way first but it was to be the 15/5 and now as of today they're putting it back again because they want to run more tests first so at this rate I'll be 14st again before I know it so im thinking of just biting the bullet and rejoining weightwatchers, it does mean in a month or two I'll need to take a break for a week or 2 when I have my surgery but it's better than piling on more weight while I wait.

Im just deciding now wether to pay £10 a month and do it online or pay £20 and go to meetings, £10 a month does sound better but like you I've just moved house to a new town so I'm thinking meetings might be a good way to meet new people and I also find being weighed by someone else and having someone else say well done when I loss helps me stay on track x

That sounds like a good plan. I would go to WW or SW meetings if I could,would maybe help me stay on track. I'm starting my healthy eating again from tomorrow, think I'm about 12 stone now so nearly a stone put on. Been tempted to go back on the packs but that's probably not a good idea with the amount of cardio I do xx

Back