Slimming World Newbie

My slimming world bacon and mushroom quiche! Really pleased. The whole thing is 7 syns, 1 for the oil used for bacon (Tesco spray) and 6 for the cheese in it - it does say you can use as your HEA, but I prefer to have my milk for tea. Plan on cutting into 6 so the cheese will be 1 syn per serving!
I do think it needed longer but didn't want the top to burn, practice will make perfect!
IMG_0154.JPG

A good day yesterday food wise, just not anything else. Ended up rushing my fiancé's mum back to hospital early afternoon and didn't get home for about 6 hours.

Sunday 22nd January
Breakfast - 3 whole meal small slices (HEB and 3 syns) with marmite (I'm a marmite addict, needed more!) + a Banana
Lunch - Small slice of my homemade quiche while still warm (mm) with a side salad and tomatoes (1.5 syn for cheese and oil used in quiche)
Dinner- Balsamic butterfly chicken, with a side salad and tomatoes and sweet potato mash (recipe from a slimming world book)

Snack and drinks: 1 cup of tea (HEA - milk)
1 coffee (HEA - milk) + 1.5 syns for small amount of syrup I used
At the hospital I had a hot chocolate, no idea the syns for that, but I'm going to assume my syns for today all gone + the leftover syns from yesterday too.

Just got to work and I have forgotten my breakfast.. good day so far :confused:

@freakydarkstuff thank you, me too! Already heard that she won't be out today.
The big day is 1st September 2018. I'd love to bring it forward, I'm so impatient!

I actually just used a glass dish for this one, I started to put them all in a flan dish but it wasn't deep enough. Just had my lunch, tastes even better than yesterday! Let me know if you make it!

Exciting!! I got married in 2015 (my last SW time was to get ready to fit into my dress) and I'd love to do it again!
You've got plenty of time to slim down healthily as well :)

I'm heading to Tesco on Wednesday so I'm going to get the ingredients for a quiche then! Be ideal as I always struggle for lunch time ideas- before SW it would be sandwiches and crisps!!

@freakydarkstuff amazing, congratulations! Yes it is my main motiviation for slimming down, though I just want to feel and look healthier in general. All the wedding dresses I like I will definitely need to be slimmer haha.
Oh great, it really is yummy! I was the same I would have about 4 bags of crisps a day. I've gone cold turkey since starting SW though and don't really miss them.

@lookingforme thank you! I hope so too. I certainly will! My group weigh in is Thursday's though :(

Monday 23rd January
Breakfast - two slices wholemeal toast (HEB - small medium loaf) w/ marmite and a clementine
Lunch- SW Quiche (1.5 syns - rounded up) side salad and tomatoes
Dinner- Chicken breast cooked w/ garlic (1 syn Tesco oil spray), sweet potato mash, mange tout, baby corn, broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms.

Snacks and drinks: 3 Cups of tea (part HEA milk - 15ml in each)
Carrot sticks w/ slimming world houmous
Clementine
Hi-Fi light bar (3 syns)
Mini baby bel (part HEA)
Diet lemonade with sugar free vimto juice in
Muller light greek style Coconut and vanilla

Total syns: 5.5 - Under my 10 limit up until Thursday.

I thought I ate a lot yesterday but looking back I didn't really, a few more snacks throughout the day not helped by how cold it was. The chocolate craving was strong yesterday :(

Looks like you're really getting the hang of it now, well done! :D

Thanks @Wolf ! I hope I'm doing everything right, especially as a friend of mine text me this morning wanting to join SW with me - don't want to advise her and be wrong! :D

Tuesday 24th January
I feel like my foods repeat often, especially weekdays where I'm at work and just have the same things. Think it's still good to note it all down though?

Breakfast: 2 Wholemeal slices of toast (HEB) with marmite, clementine after
Lunch: SW Quiche (1.5 syns rounded up) Side salad, tomatoes
Dinner: Half a chicken breast, half a steak (making do with what we had!) with sweet potato mash, broccoli, mange tout, baby corn, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes (1 syn for Tesco oil spray used)

Snack and drinks: 3 cups of tea (part HEA)
Mini babybel (part HEA)
Hi fi light bar (3 syns)
Clementine, banana

Total 5.5 syns, still under for the day/week even with the takeaway. Feeling pretty proud of that.

Tuesday 24th January
I feel like my foods repeat often, especially weekdays where I'm at work and just have the same things. Think it's still good to note it all down though?
I think writing down is a must, if you don't get the results you hoped for, you can then look back at what is the most repeated suspect item and illiminate that for a week and see if it was the culprit

@freakydarkstuff @lookingforme thank you! I will continue to note everything down here.. my culprit may be those damn crème eggs!

Wednesday 25th January
Breakfast - 2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB) with marmite and a banana
Lunch - one slice of SW Quiche (1.5 syns) .. I was hoping to go into town on my lunch yesterday but didn't manage it, so I scoffed that down so quickly and didn't have anything with it!
Dinner - SW Chicken Jalfrezi from Iceland with some rice
Snack and drinks: 4 cups of tea (HEA)
Crème egg - 9 syns

Total syns 10.5

As usual Wednesday's are absolute rubbish. Work was rubbish, the hospital was rubbish, everything was just rubbish. Feeling really pressured everywhere I turn and struggled drifting off to sleep last night (I sleep like a log usually) as I had so much running through my mind.

It's weigh in day today though, and hoping my friend will join me, it'll be good to see her.

Back