slimming world v weight watchers

I was verging on an Eating disorder with ww so have to say im happy to be a sw girl now with ww i was always counting weighing pointing it got Silly and i made myself poorly but if it works for you go for it but i got obsessive with it

I've done WW, SW and RC in the past. They all work if followed correctly but I think its down to personally preference and which plans fits in the best with your lifestyle etc.

Good luck with whichever diet plan you choose Hun xxx

I've done WW, SW and RC in the past. They all work if followed correctly but I think its down to personally preference and which plans fits in the best with your lifestyle etc.

Good luck with whichever diet plan you choose Hun xxx

Deffo down to the person which diet suits best

Re: Weight Watchers or slimming world????

I've done WW in the past and had some success, however when the changed over to pro points I couldnt get on with it at all. In all honesty both plans will work if you stick to them and not 'cheat'. But as a veggi I find sw works better for me, I can eat pasta, potatoes, rice and unlimited veg whereas on WW I.genuinely felt hungry because all my staple foods like rice and pasta had high points value, I don't feel hungry on SW, cook from scratch and can comfortably use my syns for a treat every now and again. I don't have to measure everything or rely on ready meals.

I've lost 2 stone on SW in 9 weeks without feeling hungry, I still have my books from WW and in the same time frame I would have been at a 1 stone loss.

I joined up to slimming world with all good intentions
for 12 weeks.
Done 4 weeks.. I was ok
now... 6 weeks later really fed up with it...and put weight back on that i lost.....
thinking of going back to weight watchers...
Any help will be greatly received.
Shall I stick with it..... Or give up
has anybody else felt like this........:confused:

Can you tell us a little bit more? Why were you fed up? Why do you think WW would work better for you?

Personally, since you've paid in advance, I'd be tempted to give SW your all for the next few weeks. Stick to the plan 100% and then see how satisfied you are with your losses/the programme at the end of that. If you were doing Extra Easy, maybe throw in a few Green and Red days to mix it up a bit and keep you interested.

Having said that, WW and SW and both good weight loss plans. But neither will be suitable for everyone. Many people here have had great success with SW so if you ask which is better on this forum, most people will say SW all the way. If you ask the same question in the WW section, people will reply that WW is better.... Ultimately, you need to do the plan that will help you lose weight and keep it off long term. It may be that SW suits you better, you may find that WW does.

Slimming world is 1000% better than ww stick at ot change your meals etc

Thank you... Think i,m gonna give it 100% this week and see what happens.....
I just get soooo bored with it eating the veg and fruit with every meal i am gonna try and have a swap around.....
Thanks anyway for your help........

If you do ww properly it's very similar to Sw and you should still be eating all the fruit and veg .. Try putting the veg in sauces or as a soup before your meal xxx

Jilly have a look at some of the diaries on here, it will give you ideas for meals there are 1000's of ideas, you can have soups, casseroles etc to get all your veg in, stuffed peppers with batchelors savoury rice you can chop extra veg into the rice to pack it out a bit.

Stick with it and follow the plan 100%, measure your healthy extras dont guesstimate, mix your food up a bit, all plans work you just need to follow them. Good luck for the week ahead

I joined up to slimming world with all good intentions
for 12 weeks.
Done 4 weeks.. I was ok
now... 6 weeks later really fed up with it...and put weight back on that i lost.....
thinking of going back to weight watchers...
Any help will be greatly received.
Shall I stick with it..... Or give up
has anybody else felt like this........:confused:

do you work well on ww or are you just fed up with diets in general personally i am a sw girl i love cooking and find it the most flexible diet i have ever done but some find ww works better for them as there are alot of convinience foods to help do the ww plan without too much effort it is all about finding what works for you but tbh if your head isnt in diet mode then most plans if not all will be a struggle

I would stick with SW until at least your countdown is over. I agree with alwayssunshine that neither is suitable for everyone.

My sister was doing SW for months and always had small losses despite sticking to plan 100%. She switched to WW and had far better losses on it and it's plan suited her better.

If you get bored of the fruit and veg every meal, why don't you try red/green then you don't have to fill up 1/3 super free and you get more healthy extras... For me I like extra easy because I can mix red and green in to 1 and I don't mind the superfree. If I fancy something simple like a plate of chips and ketchup I just eat a piece of fruit before or after for my 1/3 superfree, sometimes I feel like I don't want to eat it but hey ho I want to lose weight and I know it's good for me.

I've never done ww but my friends have told me about the plan they did, whatever that was.. Seemed like more counting than on Sw and more complicated, now that would bore the hell out of me.. I like Sw because I don't feel like I'm on a diet.

all diets work if you stick to them its all about finding one you enjoy enough to stick to long term ww for me was a faff as i struggled working out all my home cooked meals so id give up and think sod it and either have more ready meals or guestimate which no matter what plan guestimating is never good sw helps me to embrace my love of cooking as the list of free and superfree just goes on and on i love my fruit and veg and like that it limits the treats to 15 syns on top of meals on ww i would keep points as low as poss on meals so i could have as many snacks as poss sw has changed my mindset but have to say my portion control was better on ww so they all have their good and bad points .... i struggled eating out on ww but on sw i have so many options but ww was better for drinking out as i could have all my days points in booze if i wanted and eat 0 point veg curries and soups that day wheras now i have 15 syns and that doesnt go very far on wine :(

I wouldn't waste my money and leave 6 weeks on my countdown to go in the bin but of you get to the end and still feeling like this it wouldn't hurt to try weight watchers would it.

You can see how much weight I've lost with slimming world so obviously I'm going to sing its praises but I think the key to it is not getting into a rut and eating the same meals over and over. Also I try and eat plenty of fruit and veg but if I'm being honest I don't follow 1/3 super free at every meal to the letter. That might not work for some people but I've done fine with it

You need to weigh up your pros and cons of both SW and WW then make a decision.
Its pointless paying money if your not losing the weight and if you are really fed up Hun.
I disagree with those saying that one diet is better than another, people are just being biased lol.
All diets work the same if followed 100% but its about finding the right one which suits your lifestyle the best in order for the weight to come off.

Good luck which whichever diet you decide on Hun :) xxx

I've done both and personally, I prefer slimming world. I lived on ww for about 2 years on and off but the flexibility of meaning I could eat as much junk as I wanted as long as I ate 0 point foods elsewhere just meant I would eat rubbish. And not loose. Sw for me is much better and I'm enjoying cooking. It took me about 2-3 weeks to actually get into sw to start with as my head was set on points, but it got much easier.

Try the magazine, there's loads of nice recipes in there to change things around meal wise. And I found the success stories in it gave me a real buzz.

I've only had small losses as it hasn't changed my eating habits drastically, but I'm happy with that as I'm in it for the long haul.

It all depends what you want out of it hon, if you prefer ww, go for it. If you do stick with sw and find you like it, all the better as you've already paid!

A really big thank you!!!! to everybody body....
I am staying with sw.... gonna go to class tomorrow and mix my meals up.....this week
I was staying with the same foods and think i have just got bored with it.... Im not a very good cook, but i am learning lol......

A really big thank you!!!! to everybody body....
I am staying with sw.... gonna go to class tomorrow and mix my meals up.....this week
I was staying with the same foods and think i have just got bored with it.... Im not a very good cook, but i am learning lol......
well slimming world is fantastic to get you cooking and if you type into youtube syn free there are loads of recipes ppl have videoed themselves making that will help you on your cooking journey xxxx

Back