Slinkymelinkys weight loss diary

Yaaaaaaay that is fab so happy for you :) in exactly the same decent 2-4lb followed by .5-1 trying to break the cycle same as yourself!

So I definitely fell into the weigh day black while last night!!! I ate Singapore noodles, chilli prawns and 1 prawn cracker from the Chinese, followed by 2 digestive biscuits a kitkat and a slice of toast with butter. I forgot what butter tastes like!! To be completely honest, I didn't hugely enjoy any of it, I was just peckish and these things were in the house. Iv also had a lot on my mind with some family health worries, culminating in a mini meltdown yesterday (huge thanks to my lovely OH for rushing home from work to try and put a smile on my face). I'm generally not a worry eater, I find that being stressed/scared/worried puts me off eating, until I'm at the point of extreme hunger, when I will pretty much eat anything I can get my hands on! This seems to be what happened last night!

Determined to get back on it today thoough. When I get home from work, I plan to cook up lots of free snacks for the week. Desperately trying to persuade OH to buy a dishwasher as we don't currently have one, and as ridiculous as it sounds, this diet is making my kitchen a mess....constantly!

Plan for tiday;

Breakfast; Lemon and ginger water, oranges, hifi bar

Lunch; m&s mooli wrap (2.5), fruit, squares (5)

Dinner; gammon, egg, chips, mushroom

Evening snack; hot choc (hea) and hifi light.

So today has been a great day so far (food wise....a pretty mediocre day otherwise! Working on my own and driving a lot gives me far too much thinking time which isn't great for me at the moment!)

Breakfast; lemon, ginger and manuka honey (0.5)
Yogurt, 3 oranges, 2 bananas, hifi light

Lunch; huge bowl of chilli packed full of super free goodness with beans.

Dinner; Thai pork meatballs (pork mince, soy sauce, fish sauce (1), fresh chilli corrinder lemongrass and galangal) with a small portion of jasmine rice and stir fried pal choi, corn and broccoli. Just about to make it now, and absolutely can't wait! Love love love Thai food!

Snacks will likely be the same as always.

Hot choc with hea milk and cream (3) hifi light and. Maybe a bannoffi made with light angel delight and low fat squinty cream!

Yummy food day! :)

Xxx

Just finished dinner....it was amazing! Will definitely become a sw staple! Yumm!

image-1317489648.jpg

(This was the serving plate.... So dinner for 3....not just me!)

Sorry to hear about your family worries slinky. Hope all is resolved soon :)
Love the thai recipe cant wait to make it!! Thank you :)
Sounds like you're doing brill. Do you go to group or follow online? X

Sorry to hear about your family worries slinky. Hope all is resolved soon :)
Love the thai recipe cant wait to make it!! Thank you :)
Sounds like you're doing brill. Do you go to group or follow online? X

Thanks hanngun, it's just an uncertain time as my dad is waiting for diagnosis; I think it's natural (for me anyway) to assume the worst, and as we have been waiting for almost 3 months now, it has been a pretty tough few months! We're getting closer to a diagnosis now though, just hoping that it isn't the worst case scenario!

In a way, everything that is going on is helping me stay on track. I think it's a mixture of things; firstly, when life is spiralling out of control, being healthy and losing weight is the one thing I can control. And also, these health worries really hammer home how important it is to take care of yourself. I'm very cautious about what I put into my body now!

My OH and I go to group every week. We have tried online before, but it didn't work so well for us, so now every week I drag my lovely boyfriend to class with me, he hates it, but in a funny way, we both kinda enjoy our new Monday routine, and it is exciting seeing how much the scales change!

What about you? Do you go to class? How long have you been doing slimming world? Do you enjoy it?

Today's meal plan

Breakfast lemon, ginger manuka honey (1) water.......was very sour and quite unpleasant today....yuk! Bacon, mushroom, poached egg, beans, yogurt, oranges.

Lunch; working from home today, so I'm going to cook up some quorn Swedish meatballs with a tomato sauce as iv heard excellent things about these. Might serve with some aims key Harriet cous cous (1.5) and salad.

Dinner; we switched meals around abit this week, so still have gammon left to use. For dinner, the plan is gammon, egg, sw chips, peas, sweet corn, mushrooms, pineapple. (Although OH always enjoys this meal, he never likes the thought of it, and will often come home and complain so much that I change the plan! So depending on my patience levels, that may well end up happening tonight too!) I shouldn't complain about him really, he is an angel most of the time, and is surprising me everyday by sticking so rigorously to plan.

So I had abit of a binge last night after a particularly stressful day at work. I think I just about managed to stay within syns though.

I'm really craving chocolate at the ,moment which is a little unusual as I'm normally more of a savoury girl. Last night I gorged on a milky highlights with squirty cream, a curly wirly and a time out. All together worth 13 syns, so it isn't the end of the world.....but felt so so naughty!

I did a mid week weight last night (I know it's never a good idea!) and was 1lb heavier! Definitely spurring me on to have a great weekend! We have a quiet weekend planned as OH is totally swamped at work, so will probably end up bringing work home with him this weekend.mindont mind though as it will give me plenty of time to cook yummy foods and work on a few projects. This year iv decided to make a lot of my Christmas tree baubles, so that will keep me busy and there is a piece of furniture I started renovating in the summer but never quite got around to finishing, so I may have a go on that!

Today's meal plan;

Breakfast; lemon ginger and honey water (1), yog, fruit.

Lunch; quorn meatballs, couscous (1.5) and super free ragu

Dinner; homemade wrap (HEA) pizzas. (HEA cheese, tomatoes, onion, ham, pepper, mushroom, homemade tomato sauce) with chips and salad

Sphavent decided how to use the rest if my syns yet.....might try not to use them to give me abit of a boost before weigh in in Monday.

What are your weekend plans everyone (assuming anyone is reading this diary!?)

8pm on Saturday evening, and so far, it has been a great food day, although I don't feel as though iv eaten as much as I should!

Breakfast; honey, lemon and ginger

Lunch; nimble bread (heb) teeny tiny bit of mayo extra light (.5), wafer thin ham.

Dinner; homemade onion baji, home made roast chicken curry with lots of veg and basmati rice

Snacks; leek and potato soup, orange, apple

Will have hit choc and curly whirly later.

FYI; we bought a morphy Richards soup cooker last week as we are trying to eat lots of soup. The first attempt OH made last week was an absolute disaster! He tried leek and potato but it didn't cook through and was very stringy.....totally gross! I tried again today but diced everything very finally, and after 20 minutes.....voila perfect soup and so so so easy :)

So today is the big weigh.....eeeekkk!

I'm pretty certain that I will STS this week after my 6lb loss last week, but I have stuck to plan pretty much every day, so a small loss would be nice!

Today's food plan;

Breakfast; honey, lemon and ginger tea orange, apple.

Lunch; broccoli and cauliflower soup (1 syn for small amount of cream cheese)

Weigh in is at 730, so I will try to keep this afternoons food light. After weigh in, we will prob have a Chinese treat, but keep it within syn allowance. I might treat myself to a cupcake tonight if I do lose anything as my OH has a bake day at work tomorrow, so he will be making some scrummy white chocolate muffins later. I did have a sneaky peak on my scales this morning and seem to be -1lb, but once iv eaten lunch etc I think that will likely disappear,

I'm mostly hoping that OH has a good loss this week, after his initial -9lb loss and his small 0.5lb loss last week, he needs abit of a boost, but his sneaky peak actually had him weighing heavier than last week, so only time will tell!

Week 3 weigh in -0.5 for me and -3 for OH. Really delighted with that as wasn't expecting anything after my 6lbs loss last week!

We've just eaten a post weigh in snack of Singapore noodles, comes in within syns, so could still be a good day. I am doubtful of that though, as I'm in the midst of baking some scrummy cakes for OH as he has to take cakes to work tomorrow....I'm sure I will end up trying some!

Morning all.

So I'm preparing to turn my weight loss journey up a notch!! Iv embarked upon the scan bran challenge! Iv tried the things before and they were absolutely vile, but iv seen a lot of interesting recipes around, so am going to have a go and see what happens.

This morning I made a very quick and simple scan bran cake which was basically broken up scan bran mixed with options and microwaved. It was just as vile as the raw crackers, had a slightly cakes texture but still took a million times longer than 'normal' food takes to chew. That being said, I ate half with yogurt, banana and a teeny bit of manuka honey and it was perfectly edible. I'm never going to enjoy scan bran, but if it helps me along the way, then I'm happy to give it a go.

I'm working from home today, which is always when I pick and snack most, so iv prepared some tomato soup, I have some chicken thigh to cook up and lots of fruit, so hopefully il be ok! OH is out for a curry tonight (planning on staying within syns and having a dansak with boiled rice) so I am left to my own devices for dinner. Usually il take advantage of eating alone and have a nice piece of salmon as OH generally despises fish, but I'm not really sure what I fancy tonight.

I'm also trying to up my water consumption so have filled a big bottle with sugar free squash and will keep drinking from that to hopefully get 2l worth.

The challenge is in this week as so far, OH has won 2 weigh ins and I have won 1.....can't let him get too complacent :p

Have a good day

So iv just eaten lunch;

HEB bread roll, left over homemade burger, 2x plastic cheese, squirt of ketchup (5 syns)

Going to count breakfast as 3 syns, giving me 7 left to play with, prob hot choc later yumm

Tea will be teriyaki salmon filets with noodles and stir fried veg (sugar snap peas, broccoli, mini leeks, pal choi) really looking forward to it! The salmon is marinating in soy sauce, chilli, garlic, rice wine vinager and a touch of manuka honey as we speak.....yum :)

Great food day yesterday, the salmon was delicious!

I did have abit of a late night binge though, eating. A curly whirly and a freddo with my hot chocolate. I think that pushes my syns to about 17 which is pretty bad ?. Will try to rein it in abit for the rest of the week!

I had a huge chocolate craving, so tried making slimming world brownies, but they really we're not to my taste. The cake was dry and had a strange texture, and the frosting was sharp and bitter all at the same time! Very strange! Iv come to realise that I really can't tolerate quark and I pretty much detest every single attempt to 'food optimise' naughty or creamy foods. I'd rather just cut them out of my diet all together!

So the scanbran challenge was a terrible fail. The cake was horrendous as are the actually crackers, so I think I may have to call it a day with those!

Breakfast today was a quick hifi light, yogurt and fruit.

Lunch; chilli cod fillets salad

Dinner; pork, veg, mashed potato, gravy (2)

image-1299640305.jpg

After last nights disastrous weigh in (-0.5 after another great on plan week!) I'm determined to religiously fill in this food diary all week. If anyone is reading it and can pick up on anything I'm doing wrong or could improve on, please do let me know as it is strange that iv only lost 1lb in 2 weeks after thinking iv really stuck to plan.

Extra Easy day

Breakfast; coffee, banana, yogurt

Lunch; leek and potato soup, lots of fruit

Dinner (plan); homemade burgers, cheese (HEA), bread roll (HEB) SW chips, pickles, salad, homemade colslaw.

Syns; ketchup (1.5) El Mayo (1.5) the rest is TBC

So after a horrendously off plan Christmas (3 weeks!) I am dying to get back on plan. Off to do the food shop in an hour or so which I am stupidly excited About! We still have tonnes and tonnes of Christmas treats in the house, so hopefully the OH and I can resist.

As we haven't been to class for about 3 weeks, we've decided that we will be better off reregistering and finding a new class, as we never really got on with the timing of our last class. Probably won't start until next Tuesday, which will give us a few days to try and repair the Christmas damage!

OH is taking me to Rome at the beginning of feb for my Christmas present, so if like to be well and truly on the way to skinny then!

Good luck to a all the other restarters!

So after a horrendously off plan Christmas (3 weeks!) I am dying to get back on plan. Off to do the food shop in an hour or so which I am stupidly excited About! We still have tonnes and tonnes of Christmas treats in the house, so hopefully the OH and I can resist. As we haven't been to class for about 3 weeks, we've decided that we will be better off reregistering and finding a new class, as we never really got on with the timing of our last class. Probably won't start until next Tuesday, which will give us a few days to try and repair the Christmas damage! OH is taking me to Rome at the beginning of feb for my Christmas present, so if like to be well and truly on the way to skinny then! Good luck to a all the other restarters!

Good luck slinky, there's a voucher in woman magazine and in the mirror I think for free membership so u only pay for the weekly fee. Hope you had a good Christmas x

Back