Slush Mug

Update: I LOVE MY SLUSH MUG!!! :D

I've used it to make frappacinos and apple slushie which is just YUM!

Highly recommend it in this weather.:D

Enjoy!

Stahir said:
Update: I LOVE MY SLUSH MUG!!! :D

I've used it to make frappacinos and apple slushie which is just YUM!

Highly recommend it in this weather.:D

Enjoy!

Apple slushie??? Explain plz, I think this could be my saviour..... lol :D

it came :) so shoved it in the freezer last night.
last week had bought a load of yogurts etc in anticiaption for this new arrival - unfortunatley on Tuesday the hubby decided to leave the fridge door open all day while we were at work - so i had to chuck everything out :( so off shopping this morning to restock. I bought some of those larann oils, got one in pina colada flavour so going to give this a try :) really looking forward to the frap - once I find the original post

The Postman just delivered my lovely red Slush Mug!

But, there is a problem, I haven't got room in the freezer for it :cry::cry:

Just eat the contents of the freezer to fit it in, thats what I did :D

The thing is, I did have room in there, but yesterday had to buy a bag of frozen peas, as Lloyd was coming home today, thus taking up the only available space:(

So, need to either eat something, which I can't really, as I have food for the next two days in the fridge, wait till Monday and use a joint of meat, or feed the dog something big enough to make the room - Do dogs like Lasagne?

See, I'm not only a serial weigher, but a serial shopper:(

The thing is, I did have room in there, but yesterday had to buy a bag of frozen peas, as Lloyd was coming home today, thus taking up the only available space:(

So, need to either eat something, which I can't really, as I have food for the next two days in the fridge, wait till Monday and use a joint of meat, or feed the dog something big enough to make the room - Do dogs like Lasagne?

See, I'm not only a serial weigher, but a serial shopper:(
You see mate we must be twins :D I too am a serial shopper :D

Garfield likes lasagne :8855: bet Bertie will too :D

First attempt was a coffee frap
Hmmmm I made a strong black coffee with 2 sugars and went shopping so it was cold when I got back, poured it in, good splash of full fat milk, and a dose of camp - what is wrong with me lol
Didn't seem to do anything, so added dash of sugar syrup, a while later started to slush :) while liquid when I tasted it it was quite strong, but when it semi slushed it tasted like coffee ice, I really enjoyed it - or my taste buds were shot due to the amount of coffee I put in lol

It was still a bit liquidy, so how can I make it slush more? Add more milk or sugar?
Any tips would be appreciated

And with that coffee hit I have got up and exercised lol so it can't be bad ;)

I make my fraps using a full HEXA of skimmed milk with the instant coffee dissolved in it, no added water at all. As someone quite rightly pointed out earlier in the thread, sugars occur naturally in the milk and it's this what helps it to freeze.

Oh that's why lol it was good so will try it with all milk, will get semi skimmed in for this
Will be playing with onken fat free yog later so looking forward to that
Could only see little pots of muller light and as hubby wants some bought the big onken pots of strawberry, vanilla and coconut which I need to syn
Due to not being a yogurt lover this is all new :)

The Onken fat free strawberry & vanilla are free, those onken free ones are sooo nice!

Attempt number 2
This one is a bit synful - piña colada
1/2 coconut yog
1/2 pineapple juice
Glug of Malibu

Scrummy :)
Took a while to slush into a soft ice-cream texture, I ate most of it and put the rest down, a short while later I picked it up and it had frozen down to scoop able hard ice cream consistency, so I ate it all up :)

Attempt number 3 - strawberry
Fat free strawberry yogurt
2 tsp grenadine syrup = 2 syns

Taking ages - it's still sitting next to me lol
It has the consistency of a soft ice-cream and tastes like it :) I wanted it firm up some more, but still waiting :(
Still very lovely

I tried the frap again today
Coffee with 2 sugars and enough hot water to mix it, then topped up with cold milk, then put it in the fridge to chill. I added 2 drops chocolate essence
Still took a while to slush but it firmed up lovely, if you remember the choc ice popsicles we used to get, (showing my age lol) they didn't have chocolate on it just chocolate flavour, it was very similar.
So for 2 syns this is fantastic

You seem to get loads, felt like I was eating it for ages :)

Don't think it would work on those frosty beer mugs, but you can always experiment :)

I am going to try doing a small vanilla yog later, will add some essence to see if it will work without any sugar

At last!

After removing a pork loin joint from the freezer, there is now enough room for the slush mug!

I put one of the shape chocolate desserts in it last night, again takes a while to freeze, but it did and I have to say i prefered it frozen than from the fridge - checked syns after = 5 1/2 eeek I didnt realise they were quite that bad, but considering I thoroughly enjoyed my treat, and it took about an hour to eat and i got an arm workout trying to break it up when it froze solid I would say have a go if you have enough syns :)

Back