Smash Pizza Or Pizza Base Mix?

Hi Jo.
I can see what you are on about,I will try to find out the syn value, SW are not helpful as you can't E-mail them just call on a premium rate number!
Pete

Hi Jo.
I can see what you are on about,I will try to find out the syn value, SW are not helpful as you can't E-mail them just call on a premium rate number!
Pete

Yes you can-loads of people email them-plus the syn value of smash on an original day is readily available-4.5syns for 25g of dried mash powder, so you can just calculate it without the need to contact SW direct!!!

I have just looked on the SW site, they say that they cannot answer individual requests for syn values!
Also I only do Ee . In the new book on page 81 it says "Plain Instant mash made up with water 100g=FREE" Flavoured 100g =0.5syn
I use 25g per pizza and while I except that cooking it may adjust the nutrition value, it will be very small.

I have just looked on the SW site, they say that they cannot answer individual requests for syn values!
Also I only do Ee . In the new book on page 81 it says "Plain Instant mash made up with water 100g=FREE" Flavoured 100g =0.5syn
I use 25g per pizza and while I except that cooking it may adjust the nutrition value, it will be very small.

The fact you only do EE is irrelevant-the mash, when not used in its original form, must be synned at the original day value! I'm not sure why you're trying to over complicate things??? It states on page 80 of the same book that instant mash is 4.5syns for 25g dried as I said in my previous post!! And as your recipe says you use more than 100g of mash, the syn value will be considerable!!! :banghead:
125g of mash would be 22.5syns!!

image-893722527.jpg

It was free a while ago, I have an old recipe from a magazine for pizza with a mash base but its not now free.

Things change and I doubt SW would print this again!!!

I have just gone on the SW mobile site.The instant mash I use is sainsburys basic instant mash.
Each pizza uses about 25g of it.
Dry mix on original per 100g=3.5 syns, therefore 25g = less than 1 syn per pizza.
Mixed with water on original per 100g=3.0syns=.75syns per pizza.
This is low enough!!

I have just gone on the SW mobile site.The instant mash I use is sainsburys basic instant mash.
Each pizza uses about 25g of it.
Dry mix on original per 100g=3.5 syns, therefore 25g = less than 1 syn per pizza.
Mixed with water on original per 100g=3.0syns=.75syns per pizza.
This is low enough!!

The dry mix is higher than that! Look at the screen shot! Remember 100g of dry doesn't equate to 100g when mixed with water-that's where you're confusing yourself!!

This pizza issue seems to be getting out of hand
If you have a pizza as a meal then our C says you can count it as free but ppl some ppl eat it as a treat !?!? Pete bless has lost all his weight not SYNing pizza that should be a good enough evidence for anyone
Please keep the recipes coming Pete thanks

If you have a pizza as a meal then our C says you can count it as free but ppl some ppl eat it as a treat !?!? Pete bless has lost all his weight not SYNing pizza that should be a good enough evidence for anyone

It may be the case BUT have you seen the quoted post from the SW website?

People can indeed make their own informed choice when they know the facts. The facts are using it as a free food is a tweak. If you are happy with your weight loss then continue to do so, if not, it's something to look at.

Your consultant may well say that, but SW have said it must be synned! All we're trying to do is prevent newbies getting confused! Just cos pete was able to get away with it as a tweak, doesn't mean everyone will! So we have to make it out aim as a community not to give out incorrect information

is the wholemeal bread mix from tesco still a hexb ? i know it used to be and that made a fab pizza base. used to use 3 b's worth and just eat a third of it when done now!

Back