So here we go

well done and once again you've hit a lot of nails on the head in your latest post.

I was interested in your blacklist of 5 - bet many of us are drooling at them!

But there's a way round most of them on SW isn't there - ok not the full fat versions that we hanker after but even as a long term yo-yo dieter there are some things I can't revert back to for example I now MUCH prefer:-

1. grilled bacon (ok I still leave a bit of the fat on and cook it till it's crispy Mmmmm!)
2. I can't over indulge on bread any more - the heartburn is just tooooo painful!
3. I've come to really enjoy SW pizza (a low fat wrap loaded with HE-A portion of cheese (half low fat, half parmesan for the strong taste) ham, tomato puree, onion, tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms) pineapple would be good too but I don't like mixing sweet and savoury. I'd 100% agree it doesn't compare well to Domino's but ......

Your sweet and sour looks as good as any takeaway I've ever had and I'll be cooking it very soon - and you can choose carefully from Chinese menus esp if you save some syns!

Not sure how many syns in doughnuts - but I bet b4 very long you won't be able to eat half as many as you used to - and you could save syns for a couple on WI night eh?! Also I think most people's tastes change when they've been eating sensibly for a while so your preferences may change too (hopefully?) But agree that there are some things that will always make your mouth water!

Keep those posts coming - I bet loads of us are benefitting from them - have a good week!

Last edited:
I will write some more soon but just wanted to share my (tonight's) dinner pic with you. My SW Sweet & Sour chicken, all free on EE

I've been out today and surrounded by friends who've had Hot dogs + fries + pub Lunches and all manner of sweets, resisted them all and came home to cook this- it tastes sooooooo good :)

View attachment 121309

I have GOT to make this! It is going on my menu plan for next week for sure.

Chicken, Spaghetti + Crunchy Cheesy Chips (4 syns) - Extra Easy baby! :)

003.JPG

Waiting to see what you are going to eat tonight. I am cooking some pasta to go with a portion of bolognaise sauce from the freezer.

Hi :)

I'll put a picture of what I've had tonight at the end of this text. Had two Rocky Road Hi Fi bars for my breakfast and a Mug Shot for lunch, so continuing the theme this week, I've been good again...but probably eating too much, albeit free.

Hooray, it's 'Thursday' - Well ok , it's Friday bit it's my Thursday cos I have to work tomorrow :( bums...Work today was one of those mediocre, ordinary days. Nothing dreadfully boring but nothing dreadfully exciting either. I got home and cooked the boys their dinner - Friday night is treat night so they had Cheeseburgers with chips + salad. Now anyone who has ever opened sliced cheese will know how awkward they can be. I peeled one of these said cheeses open and the corner of it got left behind, just as I was going to throw the wrapper away I, without thinking, put the remainder of the slice of cheese in my mouth. A total trigger movement which is probably something I've always done. I didn't eat it as I realised what I'd done straight away - ok, so it was only a small piece but that's not the point - just shows how easily this is done and those sorts of slips will costs syns.

So - still 100% focussed, just worried that I'm eating too much. I've never been one for portion control and I'm yet to break that habit...hmmm, who am I kidding, I haven't even begun, let alone started breaking this unhealthy habit. I feel it may be some sort of compensation, you know, loading my plate. On the one hand I'm not eating what some part of me wants to eat but on other hand I can still eat far too much. I need to start addressing this I think. I am aware it's a 'problem' and have been since I started but......but...hmmm...but I just don't think I should 'deprive' myself too much at this stage, for fear of rebelling if nothing else. I'll get there :)

Started finding myself watching closely those around me (high street, work etc) who are large and those who are obese. I watch closely how they walk, how they struggle and wonder how they are feeling inside. Makes me want to go up to them, give them a hug and come tell them to join us all here- can't believe any of them are happy, not deep inside. As I watch I also wonder if I've been watched in the same way by other people (can't only be me who people watches).

So what's on the menu this weekend...It's going to have to be another Shepherd's Pie I think, it was just too nice not for me to make it again this quickly. I won't have time for my usual brunch tomorrow (boo hoo) but I will enjoy that Sunday morning...the bacon's already out of the freezer :) And then as quick as the weekend will fly, I'll be getting weighed in. Has to be Monday this week because of my shifts.

Right - so be strong people, don't let the weekend be your downfall...Don't fall into the trap of falling off wagon and say, "I'll get back to it on Monday" because that Monday may never get here and before you know it you're back where you begun. Be strong, we're all worth it...Not going to let anyone forget that!!!!!

Oh and here's my dinner. A real throwback to being a child when we'd often have this for Sunday tea - roast dinner on a Sunday was always eaten at Lunchtime...I've always like that hot/cold thing - perhaps it's because of what I had as child...Behold: salad with [hot] mash on the side :) :) (suddenly I'm nine years old again lol)

003.JPG

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    849.8 KB · Views: 74
I can so relate to the incident with the cheese slice morsel. I would have done the same, and I would have eaten it too. How on earth did you manage not to? I admire your determination. Eating while cooking is something I have always done. Bad habit I know but I have changed my behaviour for something less harmful. I eat apples instead of anything synful. I am lucky not to have temptation in the house. Living alone means i only have things i have chosen to buy for myself. It makes it easier i am sure.

Regarding the amount you are eating. Surely if you are losing weight steadily then there is no need to restrict yourself further? Perhaps you could put a higher proportion of superfree food on your plate to reduce the calories you are eating, while still having the volume in your stomach. Another suggestion is a trick I use. I eat my dinner on a small plate. I control portion size of foods I batch cook and freeze by measuring out one american cup into each container. It doesn't look like much but when I eat it I find it's enough to satisfy me. I agree with your comment about not depriving yourself. It would be a recipe for sabotage at some low point. We all have to work on these issues and make changes gradually so that our minds have time to make the adjustment without reaching a state of panic!

On the subject of people watching and wanting to tell them the good news about how we are losing weight, I do the same. This plan works so well that of course we want everyone to know! Truth is that when the time is right they will find it for themselves. That's what I believe. I have been able to point one person I know in the right direction, but that is only because she noticed i had lost weight and asked how I was doing it.

Shepherds pie is sounding quite appealing. Next time I do some batch cooking I think I will make some. I can freeze it in those foil containers for reheating in the oven.

I have probably prattled on long enough so I will just say commiserations on having to work tomorrow. I will be working too but only until early afternoon. After that I must do a little grocery shopping. No intentions of going off the rails apart from possibly drinking a little wine.

The End. LOL

I can so relate to the incident with the cheese slice morsel. I would have done the same, and I would have eaten it too. How on earth did you manage not to? I admire your determination. Eating while cooking is something I have always done. Bad habit I know but I have changed my behaviour for something less harmful. I eat apples instead of anything synful. I am lucky not to have temptation in the house. Living alone means i only have things i have chosen to buy for myself. It makes it easier i am sure.

Regarding the amount you are eating. Surely if you are losing weight steadily then there is no need to restrict yourself further? Perhaps you could put a higher proportion of superfree food on your plate to reduce the calories you are eating, while still having the volume in your stomach. Another suggestion is a trick I use. I eat my dinner on a small plate. I control portion size of foods I batch cook and freeze by measuring out one american cup into each container. It doesn't look like much but when I eat it I find it's enough to satisfy me. I agree with your comment about not depriving yourself. It would be a recipe for sabotage at some low point. We all have to work on these issues and make changes gradually so that our minds have time to make the adjustment without reaching a state of panic!

On the subject of people watching and wanting to tell them the good news about how we are losing weight, I do the same. This plan works so well that of course we want everyone to know! Truth is that when the time is right they will find it for themselves. That's what I believe. I have been able to point one person I know in the right direction, but that is only because she noticed i had lost weight and asked how I was doing it.

Shepherds pie is sounding quite appealing. Next time I do some batch cooking I think I will make some. I can freeze it in those foil containers for reheating in the oven.

I have probably prattled on long enough so I will just say commiserations on having to work tomorrow. I will be working too but only until early afternoon. After that I must do a little grocery shopping. No intentions of going off the rails apart from possibly drinking a little wine.

The End. LOL

Hi - just had another thought on cheaper fruits - when cooking and hungry I often chop/slice carrots, cucumber and tomatoes (yes even I know they're not fruits but are syn free and nice to nibble) if I'm organised I make a low syn coleslaw and spice it up with herbs/spices/mustard - it's a tasty crunchy snack - like a starter b4 the main course!

What, and no mention of my salad with mash? lol :D

sorry fat2go that just doesn't float my boat either! but I bet you'd turn ur nose up at some of my stuff too!

Hi :)

I'll put a picture of what I've had tonight at the end of this text. Had two Rocky Road Hi Fi bars for my breakfast and a Mug Shot for lunch, so continuing the theme this week, I've been good again...but probably eating too much, albeit free.

Hooray, it's 'Thursday' - Well ok , it's Friday bit it's my Thursday cos I have to work tomorrow :( bums...Work today was one of those mediocre, ordinary days. Nothing dreadfully boring but nothing dreadfully exciting either. I got home and cooked the boys their dinner - Friday night is treat night so they had Cheeseburgers with chips + salad. Now anyone who has ever opened sliced cheese will know how awkward they can be. I peeled one of these said cheeses open and the corner of it got left behind, just as I was going to throw the wrapper away I, without thinking, put the remainder of the slice of cheese in my mouth. A total trigger movement which is probably something I've always done. I didn't eat it as I realised what I'd done straight away - ok, so it was only a small piece but that's not the point - just shows how easily this is done and those sorts of slips will costs syns.

So - still 100% focussed, just worried that I'm eating too much. I've never been one for portion control and I'm yet to break that habit...hmmm, who am I kidding, I haven't even begun, let alone started breaking this unhealthy habit. I feel it may be some sort of compensation, you know, loading my plate. On the one hand I'm not eating what some part of me wants to eat but on other hand I can still eat far too much. I need to start addressing this I think. I am aware it's a 'problem' and have been since I started but......but...hmmm...but I just don't think I should 'deprive' myself too much at this stage, for fear of rebelling if nothing else. I'll get there :)

Started finding myself watching closely those around me (high street, work etc) who are large and those who are obese. I watch closely how they walk, how they struggle and wonder how they are feeling inside. Makes me want to go up to them, give them a hug and come tell them to join us all here- can't believe any of them are happy, not deep inside. As I watch I also wonder if I've been watched in the same way by other people (can't only be me who people watches).

So what's on the menu this weekend...It's going to have to be another Shepherd's Pie I think, it was just too nice not for me to make it again this quickly. I won't have time for my usual brunch tomorrow (boo hoo) but I will enjoy that Sunday morning...the bacon's already out of the freezer :) And then as quick as the weekend will fly, I'll be getting weighed in. Has to be Monday this week because of my shifts.

Right - so be strong people, don't let the weekend be your downfall...Don't fall into the trap of falling off wagon and say, "I'll get back to it on Monday" because that Monday may never get here and before you know it you're back where you begun. Be strong, we're all worth it...Not going to let anyone forget that!!!!!

Oh and here's my dinner. A real throwback to being a child when we'd often have this for Sunday tea - roast dinner on a Sunday was always eaten at Lunchtime...I've always like that hot/cold thing - perhaps it's because of what I had as child...Behold: salad with [hot] mash on the side :) :) (suddenly I'm nine years old again lol)

View attachment 121601
Hi - your cheese morsel and choc are the major reasons why I put on weight - you did really well not to succumb - I usually think about it after the act (not v clever eh?)

Sorry you're working - that's no good!

Yes I feel like passing on the SW message to people I see sometimes - I've never spoken to a stranger about it but often have to friends etc although they must wonder why I yo-yo diet if SW is as marvellous as I claim!

I also struggle with portion control - CJ32 and I have posted about that today too on LJ's thread - which I know you follow - oooh does that make me sound like a peeping tom? :eek:

Enjoy your 1 day weekend!

Hiya - im here to subscribe and have read the first 3 pages of your diary (will catch up with the rest in a bit as i need to go cook lol) your honesty, openness and determination is what will get you through.

Just a little footnote as I read about the yogurts and this is not to deflect anything from your amazing losses - the Muller Greek yogurts are 0.5 syns each they are not free, however if you do want a free dessert scrummy yogurt that is syn free the new WW dessert ones are and I can vouch that all of them are delish, theres pear and apple crumble, strawberry cheesecake, apple and blackcurrant pie and rhubarb and apple crumble. xx

Sunday ... p'ing down since my eyes were open...Can the ground get any wetter?

Anyhoo - since last night I've had a craving and it's still with me now...I crave to weigh myself all of a sudden, how daft! I threw out my posh scales a long time back and now all I want to do is find out how I'm doing...Grrr, if it's not one thing it's another lol. I'll resist the temptation to go and visit Argos.

Saying that, I've just realised I'm getting weighed in the morning...just six days after my last weigh in so perhaps the results may not be as great but, then again, I don't get weighed until Tuesday after that so it'll be one day extra :) I will miss the usual Tuesday crowd, they're a good bunch and I won't be able to stay to group this week either.

Made myself another Shepherds Pie last night, as promised. Honestly, for four syns (inclusive of gravy) it really is an amazing meal. I've got some left over for today which is great news! Had my Sunday brunch a short while ago...x2 toast, bacon, mushroom, eggs and baked beans - with a cup of tea...Sat here with a nice satisfied, full belly feeling.

So week three draws to a close and in ten days I will have been doing this for a month - how time flies. I'm back on a 11 am - 8 pm shift next so it means breafast in morning and I'll take myself dinner into work...Bacon and Egg pasta tomorrow (with side salad)...Think I'll do scotch eggs for Tues and Weds...something with rice on Thursday and another pasta dish Friday. Haven't really been eating my full quota of syns. I keep saving them for evening time and then don't bother having them. I suspect this is because I'm so full from my dinner, I just don't feel like eating and by the time I do it's gone 11 pm and I won't eat that late at night.

Hoping everyone's still feeling positive :) I'm wondering if all this gets any easier as time goes on? I suspect that bloody demon will continue to 'visit' on a (much too) regular basis but I like to think I do have the measure of him for now.

I continue to read, and enjoy, many of the other diaries on this web-site and I haven't even ventured out of the SW mantra yet, well, apart from the 'before and after' threads. Can you imagine how much weight this whole community has lost between ourselves...wow!

Right, I've a few things to do before the football's on so I'd best be getting off, shame it's indoor chores and not outdoor. Spreading my positivity to all :)

Just a little footnote as I read about the yogurts and this is not to deflect anything from your amazing losses - the Muller Greek yogurts are 0.5 syns each they are not free, however if you do want a free dessert scrummy yogurt that is syn free the new WW dessert ones are and I can vouch that all of them are delish, theres pear and apple crumble, strawberry cheesecake, apple and blackcurrant pie and rhubarb and apple crumble. xx

Oops...and thanks for that info...I really should take more notice. My SW FB group posted all the syn values for the Muller yogs the other day and I mis-read them. I'm really please you pointed this out so thanks again.

Those WW yogs sound great - must try them too.

Hello fat2go. Good to hear you are still feeling positive and on plan. Sounds like your SW week is all organised ahead of time so it should go well!

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow morning. Let us know how you get on. I am sure you will be reporting another good loss though and then you will have that eight day week to impress us even more!

Texty, thank you for pointing out the syn value of the muller greek yogurt. I thought it was free. Now we know.

Not a problem hun - the Muller lights are syn free apart from :-

Mullerlight Inspired By Yogurt, New York Style Cheesecake , 165g pot which is 1 syn
Mullerlight Vanilla Yogurt with Dark Chocolate Sprinkles & Black Cherry Underlayer , 165g pot which is 1.5
1 syn
Mullerlight Lemon Cheesecake Yogurt , 165g pot

All the greek mullers are 0.5 syns no matter what flavour.

Quite a few of the WW ones are free too

Hi - glad u seem to have enjoyed ur day off and sticking to plan so well - no syns eh? I wonder if it's ok 4 u to share them with your mates here??

I agree that this site is so supportive and full of info and I love being able to post anonymously yet receive friendly replies - it really has helped me - even writing a few boring lines in my blog each day has become a good discipline cos it reveals both my good and not so good days and seeing it in black and white is somehow more meaningful than just tracking food at home - even if I write it down - that probably sounds strange ....but true!

Keep up the good work - ur really in ur stride now -hope WI goes well!

Back