Spanglymum's 2014 and beyond!

Struggled this afternoon but have not allowed myself to slip. Tough day, which started with a work conflict to sort out, and then juggling my old and new jobs (long story), speech for someone leaving (who I haven't known very long), then an interview for a different job, which I feel I performed poorly at (but could just be me feeling low and tired and out of sorts colouring my judgement) and then packing up my office... I really and genuinely didn't realise how much I use food, all the time, to block uncomfortable feelings. I think I may have been in serious denial about that aspect of the LL programme first time around - paying lip service to the modules but not really getting it at an emotional level at all.

Well, I feel I've had lots of tiny breakthroughs today. It's been hard, but I've been identifying my feelings and then not acting on them - or where I feel insecure, reaching out to a friend, or in need of comfort, having a nice warm cup of green tea. I hope this is the start of a real change for me.

Well! This morning another revelation of sorts. Took eldest daughter to her swimming lesson and had SUCH a bad headache. OMG!!! Felt like my head was about to explode. I guess I'm heading into ketosis, which is fab, but OUCH. Had a think about it and wondered if it could also be caffeine-related. I've come home and had a cup of (real) black coffee.

Miraculous.

Are we allowed caffeine on LL? I'm sure I had it first time around but have since been hearing it's not advised. This morning I've realised quite how much I was relying on it to keep me going though, which isn't ideal. I know green tea has some in it but it's nowhere near as much - hence the headache I think.

I will try to keep the amount I consume low but I'm glad I found a way to relieve the excruciating pain in my head!

I was also cold in bed overnight and freeeeeezing when I woke up this morning, so I guess I'm going in the right direction!

I'm going to start (yet another) new thread in the LL Diaries bit, as I'm not 'healthy eating at the moment'. Am thinking of a name change too... But will let anyone following know the new 'me' :)

The Slim and Save advice seems to be that caffeine will delay getting into ketosis. However, I don't think it does for everyone and I would really really struggle with the caffeine withdrawal as well as carbs. I'd rather wait 5 days to get the full benefits of ketosis rather than have an agonising three days of headaches. I tend to have a couple of cups of real coffee first thing and then after that redbush and the occasional green tea. I think everyone is individual and it will impact on some more than others. I think if coffee is sustaining that 'tired but wired' nerve jangling state then it's not a good thing but a cup of good stuff in the morning can be beneficial. Hope the rest of your day goes well and let us know where your new diary goes. I know I found that the Lighter Life diaries were really quiet which is why I ended up starting my diary in Slim and Save.

Ooh I think ketosis may be here. Apart from a mega-dip in energy about 2pm today (I actually fell asleep in a chair!) I've had loads of oomph. Even dusted down my bike and suggested to the girls we go to the local park for a bit.

Then made a v creative and healthy dinner for everyone (my family I mean, not me!) from leftover veg in the fridge (ASDA order gets delivered on a Saturday). Pleased with myself! And have stuck 100% to plan. I did have a savoury broth or whatever they're called, because my girls were having their lunch at a separate time to my hubby (he was out today collecting for the MS Society) and I wanted to sit down with them all at the various times. It worked well.

Amazing how a little bit of exercise has evened out my mood. I feel less despondent about the interview now, which is a relief, as I was really beating myself up earlier and last night about how I could have answered the questions differently. This is a very useful lesson. I kind-of knew it already but chose to forget, in my carb-rollercoaster-induced sloth! So, day four almost done. Phew.

I haven't moved my diary yet/ started a new diary yet, as I'm waiting for Admin to process my name change. I'm hoping to be 'ArtyBee' if the name isn't taken.

Back