Induction Started and hope this time it will work....

Awwww never mind. At least you know now. I've learnt I have to go really easy on certain things or I stall - mostly cream and cheese or too much veg which is bizarre as I'm fine on things like Atkins bars, desserts and sugar free sweets.

We're all different and It's all a learning curve I guess.

Hmmm, quite ashamed to return from a bit of detour on my weight loss journey :cry: - over 3 weeks of faithfully following Atkins my weight didn't go down whatsoever which kinda undermined my will and I cheated while on a week vacation in Spain :mad: Gained 2 kilos almost immediately, now everything from the beginning...But thinking of changing the diet. I think I am doing something wrong as Atkins stopped working for me, probably going over kkal limit or so. Had my call with a doctor today and she was not impressed with my progress :sigh:

it's so easy to put on over hols, hun - why not start afresh on induction, keep it simple, limit the cheese and flax, etc and see how you get on?

Last edited:
Hmm, with all the tightening managed to loose another 1.5kg over 2 weeks. But still too slow. Bought exercise bike to start burning more, but still think will need to switch to VLCD to accelerate. Yesterday researched Exante, Diet Chef and Saintsandslimmers. I was reading for hours, even put some staff already in my shopping cart, but than I started to think a) all those shakes, bars etc are so carb full and sugary I might gain immediately despite calorie control 2) surely I can buy dry mix soups, shakes etc at supermarkets and control my calorie intake myself...Well, it looks like I will need to design some sort of the diet for myself - VLCD Atkins or so :) Did anyone tried those Shirataki noodles? Any tips for controlling your appetite in the evening - that's my weakest spot? Thanks.

Ok eating less sounds easy but I think I am still over my target calorie intake:

Breakfast - 2 babybel cheeses and black coffee without sugar
Morning snack - 20g pork cracklings bag
Lunch - one small chicken thigh and a small lettuce and cucumber salad with olive oil
Afternoon snack - one Atkins milk choco shake
Dinner - one steam prepared salmon fillet with coriander leaves and half avocado

According to my calculations 1600 kkal and 19 carbs

Ok eating less sounds easy but I think I am still over my target calorie intake:

Breakfast - 2 babybel cheeses and black coffee without sugar
Morning snack - 20g pork cracklings bag
Lunch - one small chicken thigh and a small lettuce and cucumber salad with olive oil
Afternoon snack - one Atkins milk choco shake
Dinner - one steam prepared salmon fillet with coriander leaves and half avocado

According to my calculations 1600 kkal and 19 carbs

Remember we count carbs not calories! Looking at your menu I'd be starving :-( how are you feeling just eating that? x

Hi Teeney

I know the drill :) but I really can't afford myself Atkins pace of 1 pound per week anymore, so decided to control calories as well. As per starving, not really, if I eat right, like yesterday - small portions 5 times a day. Though 1600 kkal is still high, I should bring it to under 1000. But for example today I overslept and skipped breakfast, and was hungry entire day despite good lunch and 2 snacks. The only problem is that I like munching in the evening rather out of habit than due to real hunger, so keep pulling myself out of refrigerator all the time.

Btw I tried Shiratake noodles today, surprisingly I liked those. Yes, they are really rubbery but to my taste, I've done a really yummy stir fry with them today - ground beef, clove of garlic, spinach and coriander. They are expensive circa 2 pounds for 200g, but mixed with the above would make both lunch and dinner, so fine by me. And no smell as some complained.

Weird fortunes of the person who is trying to loose weight - I had some really bad food poisoning and sleepless night in our bathroom. In the night I almost cried for things to stop. In the morning 3 pounds lighter and I am a happy bunny thinking that maybe cleaning out your system once per month or so is not such a bad idea...

Two great news today: 1) my new exercise bike has arrived so I really hope it will help to boost my metabolism a bit and 2) I managed to get into the pair of lovely brown cords which were on the shelf for several years now. So, to celebrate I treated myself to slightly expensive but so tasty avocado and salmon terrine!

10231331555_dce6656be8_n.jpg

Oh, and an absolutely spooky thing happen to me today. My husband and I were returning from our Saturday market shopping and were waiting for a bus. The woman with the baby stroller took a seat next to us, her adorable girl was really flirty and we made couple of funny faces to her. All of a sudden a woman started to speak our native language to us. First, we were taken a bit by surprise as the family didn't look like of our origin at all and then the woman (who was also a big plus size woman) asked me if we were expecting. I mumbled something embarrassed that I look pregnant while I am not and than she said something along the lines like don't get upset you will also have a child, look at me I am really big and old and got pregnant. She said they went to some sacred places in Turkey and afterwards she got pregnant. My husband pulled me to our approaching bus and I didn't manage to continue the conversation. But was in a bit of shock afterwards. How did she knew, I didn't even mentioned that we are trying or want kids...Really weird. And I didn't managed to ask what place exactly they went in Turkey and why Turkey....

Stalled again even gained. The moment I start eat more this happens. Looks like "you can eat as much you want as soon as you are following the rules" doesn't work for me...

Today:

Breakfast - 2 small home made kebabs
Lunch - garden salad with shrimps and smoked salmon
Snack - Atkins shake
Dinner - 2 home made kebabs with 2 slices of cheddar and some radishes

Yesterday
B - skipped
L - bacon and egg sandwich filler (trusting Waitrose only 0.6 carbs) with some frankfurters
Snack - Atkins shake
D - mozarella ball

Exercise bike - so far I manage only 15 min per session and not every day, sometimes I am too late from work and too tired.

Hi and welcome, just subscribed to your diary, good going so far!

I find the eat as much as you any rule doesn't apply to me either. Also too many veg stall me, 3 measuring cup fulls (approx 30g each) of lettuce/spinach is my max, forget carb counting for me.

Everyone is different, you'll find what works for you. Good luck! x

Hi and welcome, just subscribed to your diary, good going so far!

I find the eat as much as you any rule doesn't apply to me either. Also too many veg stall me, 3 measuring cup fulls (approx 30g each) of lettuce/spinach is my max, forget carb counting for me.

Everyone is different, you'll find what works for you. Good luck! x

Thank you for the support, it's so frustrating 3 steps forward one back 2 steps forward 2 back. But really determined this time. You've done a really great progress yourself and I see that you exercise as well. That's my biggest problem - I am either too lazy or too tired after work for exercising and it looks like it's the only way forward after dieting for several months...

Since today is Saturday and had more time, I went a bit creative with my food:
10231105814_cccbf67029_n.jpg

Yesterday, had a late dinner out and got into trouble. Selected grill bar and thought I will be safe, but the selection was so limited so ended up with the burger (bread left to my husband), stuffed mushroom and garden salad. The burger mince appeared to be with some filler, so I think I caught some extra carbs while left hungry and 20 pounds lighter :(

Going through lots on my plate now: crazy work schedule and hours. Missing breakfasts and eat late again as reach home at circa 10 pm and feeling oh so hungry after light lunch...My bike is abandoned, metabolism probably ruined again and weight is hoovering at plus or minus pound around the same number for 2 weeks straight. Plus, really craving fruits lately - it doesn't help that my husband put a whole basket of shiny apples and pears on display. It's going to be a real challenge for my will...I recall I gained 10kg when studied for my second masters after work. My brain usually start craving all those nasty carbs when loaded with lots of stuff...Hrrrr...

:-( awww I'm sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Hope things come right soon xx

Back