Starting again for the last time! It's going to be a long journey!

Congrats on weight loss thats a fab start. It means at least you know your going in the right direction thats always my fear that Im not doing it right.

Sarah xx

Well done LMC - well deserved!!!

Did you enjoy your first week of calorie counting? what went well? and what was hard? make a note on here now so if you come across a hurdle you can look back and remember how good you feel today xxx

Try and plan the week ahead in your mind - anything coming up that you need a few extra calories for? got a few treats in your food plan?

My aim was to try a new meal each week - sadly Paul has got so addicted to the Hairy Bikers Coconut Prawn Curry (it is really good) that my "new" night is now a repeat of this dish lol!

Thanks donna. I did enjoy CC, mainly becuase there's no working out how many syns, points etc. in this or that. It's just on the label in black and white, and if not mfp has such a wide list of foods it is easily worked out from there. This week there's one meal out (on Sunday evening), but it's done as a bring and share, so as long as I bring something healthy there's no reason I shouldn't manage. I've got a secret stash of chocolate, which I'm saving for late in the evenings if calories allow. It always tastes better after the stress of the day is out of the way, and the kids are in bed! I keep meaning to try new recipes, but I'm not very experimental in the kitchen! Having said that I have loads of low fat cookery books I could leaf through later...

I need to go through my cupboards, fridge and freezer, and work out my menu plan for this week though, so there's a task for today (along with the mountain of laundry i have to do - I just hope it stays dry outside!)

Rest of the day's food plan worked out:

Lunch: homemade lentil & vegetable soup (120), bread roll (150), orange (40)

Dinner: boiled gammon (315), roast parsnips (130), broccoli (49), peas (65)

Snack: 50g white chocolate (270), mini muller crunch corner (116)

Todays calories: 1670/1680

just found just dance for the wii, and did 30 minutes! :D totally knackered again now lol

I did 12 minutes aerobics yesterday in addition to my dancing, so thankfully burnt more calories. Just as well, as I felt I needed to eat some of my exercise calories back. It's not my intention to, but I don't plan to starve myself! (or at least let my body think I am)

Food plan today:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix with milk & 1tsp sugar (215), banana (85), ww fromage frais (48), probiotic (79)
Lunch: homemade soup (120), bagel (220), margarine (34), satsuma (40),
Dinner: gammon (223), omelette - 3 eggs, stir fry veg, 30g lighter cheese (350)
Snack: crisps (129), 4 cubes milk chocolate (99)

calories: 1642/1680

Good luck to you. It's still my first week using myfitnesspal, but all seems ok. I like the way your calorie intake is based on BMR, because although it can seem high, for most people it probably is quite a bit less than what was consumed previously (i know that on a non-dieting day I could easily eat 3000 - 3500 calories!) It's a great tool to be able to see how balance your diet actually is. Also it is a myth that you need 1200 calories a day to lose weight. Most doctors reccomend about 1500 for an average person, more for a larger person. 1200 is the minimum required per day to prevent your body going into starvation mode.

Thank you that has reassured me (about calorie intake) I'm definitely going to be following your journey :) :)

Just did 30 minutes aerobics! Feeling rejuvenated and refreshed! :)

I have a feeling today's gonna be a good day. I am feeling so alive! I think I've found my love of exercise again (which is definately no bad thing!), and I just feel happy.

Today's food plan:

Breakfast: toasted bagel (231), margarine (35), banana (80), probiotic drink (79)

Lunch: pitta bread pizza: pitta bread (154), tomato puree (14), sprinkle of lighter cheese (81); homemade soup (120), tangerine (37)

Dinner: 2 ww sausages (120), peas (92), roast parsnips (84), pepper (32), savoury rice (194)

Snack: light hot chocolate drink (42)

Total so far: 1395/1680

Kids want me to make rice krispie cakes later, so will probably have one of those, but not until I've worked out the calorific value.

Am hoping my zumba class is back on tonight too, but if not I have plenty of home exercise choices :D

Well done on your loss this week :). & good luck for the next WI!!

I love Just Dance! My wee sis has the wii so I sometimes get a shot over at hers. Mines is an x-box household so I Dance Central it daily. :D

zumba class cancelled. :( Doesn't like it will be starting again. I did 48 mins of exercise DVD earlier though, including 30 minutes of aerobics. Tried to do stepping this evening instead of zumba, but legs were just too tired. Maybe I overdid it yesterday with the exercise:rolleyes:, so am going to rest up and try again tomorrow. :)

Just read through your diary hun, you are so motivated its great-I love the pitta bread pizza idea :) xxx

really pleased to have my exercise love back, because if I don't have an entirely good day with food, I can think at least I exercised, and keep on trying, rather than going back to old habits and giving up. Just done my fitness stepping this morning, which helped me wake up! I just couldn't stop yawning til I did that. Now having a break and cracking on with some OU work, then aerobics video this afternoon. I have more time today too, as both my kids are doing zumba after school! :D

Food today:

Breakfast: 3 weetabix, with milk & sprinkle of sugar (300)
Lunch: 2 ww sausages (120), 2 bread rolls (280), banana (80), satsuma (37), pear (45)
Dinner: chicken and mushroom slice (392), spicy wedges (300), carrots (26), green beans (26)
Snack: crispy cake (50)

Total: 1656/1680

Thanks donna. I did enjoy CC, mainly becuase there's no working out how many syns, points etc. in this or that. It's just on the label in black and white, and if not mfp has such a wide list of foods it is easily worked out from there. This week there's one meal out (on Sunday evening), but it's done as a bring and share, so as long as I bring something healthy there's no reason I shouldn't manage. I've got a secret stash of chocolate, which I'm saving for late in the evenings if calories allow. It always tastes better after the stress of the day is out of the way, and the kids are in bed! I keep meaning to try new recipes, but I'm not very experimental in the kitchen! Having said that I have loads of low fat cookery books I could leaf through later...

I need to go through my cupboards, fridge and freezer, and work out my menu plan for this week though, so there's a task for today (along with the mountain of laundry i have to do - I just hope it stays dry outside!)
I love CC too but it doesnt seem to love me at the mo!

How did you get on with your meal planning? i have so much food in my house right now

just found just dance for the wii, and did 30 minutes! :D totally knackered again now lol
love just dance - must get meg to put it on for us both again when paul is on lates
I have a feeling today's gonna be a good day. I am feeling so alive! I think I've found my love of exercise again (which is definately no bad thing!), and I just feel happy.
LMC I am so pleased for you - send some my way!!!

get you with the exercise junkie habits :D
LOL! I thought the same thing
Can't you gatecrash the kid's zumba since yours has been cancelled. :D
OMG took the words right out of my mouth!

I feel really happy after reading your diary thank you LMC xxx

I would love to gatecrash the kids zumba, but since it's P1-P3 only (or age 5-8 yrs), I think they might notice I was a bit older :(
Meal planning is going ok. Shame there's pies in the freezer! So high in calories. Once gone, I'm not buying them again lol. I'll try to send some fitness vibes your way! Just going with the approach of one day at a time. My last fitness video got eaten by the VCR player today :( but thankfully I have plenty of fitness DVDs to take their place :D Now done exercise for the day, and about 2 hours of study. Got a tutorial on Saturday, and really should try to at least know a bit of what they're talking about!

Having weighed in I am disappointed to say I STS. I know why really, but I'm so mad at myself. Although I had a really good week foodwise, and did loads of exercise, it all went wrong at the weekend! We were out for more meals than expected, and I wasn't very active. Although I didn't eat loads, what I did have was high calorie and high fat! I think once I've cracked the weekends, I'll do fine. The aim now is to stop looking at what went bad last week, and concentrate on making this week a good one. This week I'm aiming for 1680 calories per day again, and I am not going to eat my exercise calories. I'm looking forward to exercise today as I want to try out my new trainers I got at the weekend properly!

Don't be disappointed - why not change your weigh in day to Saturday morning? that way you can have high cal days at the weekend and balance out with lower cal days Mon-Fri - give it a thought xxx

Also what about it you tried swapping one of your high fat/high cal foods each weekend to a lower fat/healthier option?

Back