Starting Primal

Thankyou ladies :) will try these out this week.

Just jumped on my scales and I've lost three pounds! And it's TOTM where I normally gain three pounds... I'm ecstatic :-D

Well done Welshmamma. :) I haven't weighed yet. I going to tomorrow tho on my normal WI day. I was a few lb up last week so I'll see if they've gone.

WI today. After a week of doing Primal "properly" ( we will gloss over the peanut episode of the week before cos I know know they are not nuts lol) I've lost 5 lbs. Very pleased with that as I've not had to fast either.:) On a normal week of alternative fasting I'd be lucky to lose 1 lb. In fact for weeks I sts. I have also eaten - OMG where's the blush icon ? - double cream, eggs, fatty meat, ( pork, beef and lamb), bacon, eggs by the score, fish, nuts, dark chocolate, two glasses of red wine on two different nights just to make sure it isn't agreeing with me ( it's not, so never again), cream cheese, chips made with swede, pancakes done in butter and a whole tray of coconut flour muffins. Wow. NSV lost 2 inches off my stomach. So bring on the meat. :)

The science is stacking up for me so I will continue.

Last edited:
That's fantastic !

following primal blueprint and 5:2 /4:3 fasting plan

WI today. After a week of doing Primal "properly" ( we will gloss over the peanut episode of the week before cos I know know they are not nuts lol) I've lost 5 lbs. Very pleased with that as I've not had to fast either.:) On a normal week of alternative fasting I'd be lucky to lose 1 lb. In fact for weeks I sts. I have also eaten - OMG where's the blush icon ? - double cream, eggs, fatty meat, ( pork, beef and lamb), bacon, eggs by the score, fish, nuts, dark chocolate, two glasses of red wine on two different nights just to make sure it isn't agreeing with me ( it's not, so never again), cream cheese, chips made with swede, pancakes done in butter and a whole tray of coconut flour muffins. Wow. NSV lost 2 inches off my stomach. So bring on the meat. :)

The science is stacking up for me so I will continue.

That is absolutely fantastic! We WILL be slimmer and healthier :) xxx

Just made these Paleo nut balls and roll half in dark chocolate. Oh my! Yummy, yummy......

Having lamb tikka for tea with baby leaf salad for me and rice for dh. The lamb's been marinating since yesterday morning.

Thanks Welshmamma - I think we crossed before. I'm amazed at how satisfying everything is. Normally I'd scoff back all the sweets but with the nutballs I ate 3 and had enough xx The rest are in the fridge for tomorrow. Yesterday I didn't eat more then 500 cals cos I wasn't hungry. It seemed like a DD but not a contrived one. xx

Dizzy and buzzy headed today. Nearly passed out when I got up. It's been coming on for a few days. I'm drinking plenty but my BP has plummeted. ( I have a monitor) Anyone know when it will settled? I'm assuming it's the carb deficit doing it from googling. It's not good.

Well done on your loss, 5lb is amazing. :)

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly but hopefully you will both be over it soon. If you still find problems with dizziness after, remember that paleo/primal doesn't HAVE to be rock-bottom low carb. The fat loss range spoken of by Mark Sisson is 50-100g so if you're at the top end of that, you could still be just fine, depending on what's right for you. :)

Back