stuffed mushrooms

bought my mushrooms and got the lighter choice soft cheese with garlic and herbs as my tesco did not have the extra light philly.tea tomorrow.

I'm wanting to stuff mushrooms with couscous or savory rice .. would i cook the mushrooms 1st then stuff and put back into the oven for a bit longer .. i was just wondering cos i know shrooms do tend to hold a lot of water >.< .... thanks in advance xx

I use big flat mushrooms and remove the stalks. Make up some plain couscous with boiling water, mix in chopped spring onions, the chopped stalks, maybe some chopped tomato, but nothing too wet. Then I pile the couscous into the mushrooms, put grated parmesan on the top, and put it all into the oven until brown.

The couscous is crispy on top and moist underneath as it absorbs the moisture from the mushrooms.

I made stuffed mushrooms the other night as part of my dinner the large mushrooms are my favorite thing just now to make up my 1/3 superfree food :) i used a laughing cow with onion portion and topped it with a mix of cheddar and mozzerella (counting everything together as my heA) and it was devine!!! might try it next time with the blue cheese laughing cow portion yum yum :):)

Back