Super Speed Soup

this might be a stupid question, but how do you freeze soup? what do you store it in? how do you eat it? (defrost it in the fridge then cook normally later or something else?)

i usually freeze mine into freezer bags or a freezer friendly tub, then when i want to defrost it i just leave it for an hour or so at room temperature then chuck it into a sauce pan and bring to the boil :)

xxx

ooops forgot about the original question lol ... i have never made speed soup so not tried it ... but then again i dont like beans or lentils so it doesn't sound very nice to me! lol

xxx

great thanks! i'm going to make some of this tonight! i go away Friday so a few extra pounds off before the bikini sounds good to me!!!

I ate it every day for a week for lunch instead of my usual lunch in fact by the end of the week I was heaving at the thought of more of the stuff .... I lost half a pound was it worth it? in my opinion NO!! lol never again :rolleyes:

Thanks for the recipe, I've been off plan all weekend- I've got it cooking right now and it looks and smells amazing- just hope it tastes good too because the quantity is huge.:eek:

Thanks for the recipe,I've just made it,as I went completely off plan all weekend:( I just hope that it tastes as good as it looks and smells, the quantity is HUGE!

Thanks to this thread I made a huge pot today and I've had two bowls for my dinner. It was very tasty.

i had it for lunch yesterday and today. didnt have all the ingredients so chucked in what i had, it just made a smaller batch. also added some curry powder to kick it up a little bit. now its like a veggie curry/lentil dahl. and had some leftover chicken from yesterday so bunged that in too. a lot better than first time round. will prob add some anya potatoes left over from tonights dinner tomorrow. just helps me if it has a bit of variation so i dont get sick of it, lol. x

It is very tasty, thanks to the beans and quite a lot of pepper and worcester sauce I've had one bowl, have got 2 litres in the fridge and 2 portions in the freezer, i'm going to use it over the next few days for lunches and snacks, Had a sneaky weigh in this am and have stayed the same despite my bad weekend, so will hope for a loss by the end of the week !

Get some cheap plastic tubs from the pound shops, the ones that look like the ones you get from the chinese (not the metal trays though) and just pour the soup into them. Then let it cool down fully, put the lids on and put in the freezer. When you want to cook just take it out a ping it in the micro for 10 minutes with the lid on. I never defrost in the fridge before. xx

being a cheapskate, I keep the tubs our (very occasional now) chinese comes in and reuse them. They go in the dishwasher great!

I make the soup most weeks as I find it hard finding different recipes each lunchtime whilst I save my B choices for cereal at breakfast and potato for tea. I save all my ice cream tubs and freeze the soup in them. I cant say what affect it has on my diet but it is works for me as a nice lunch.

To keep the cost down I bought bags of mixed peppers and leeks from Farmfoods £1 a bag and lasts for several batches.

I might halve the quantities next time I make it and add more stock to thin it down. I always keep Chinese containers too!

I made this soup at the weekend and the recipe does make quite a lot, so great if you want to stock up for the coming week. I personally didn't really like it, but then I think that is because I used to eat an awful lot of vegetable soup and I just reached a point where I cant stomach it anymore. My husband likes it though so he has been having it for his lunches :) It freezes fine too, I put mine in some plastic containers just because I had them, but a freezer bag would work fine too, provided it has cooled down first of course :D

Does it actually work though? What sort of difference does it make?
Im trying to shift a few more pounds before I have to sit next to my skinny sister on the beach in two weeks! need some serious help!!!

Eating speed foods help aid weight loss so in that respect it works but we're not on the "12 speed soup" diet here so it's not something to have repeatedly over the week. Variety is also important, as is eating normally so look on it as a way of boosting your speed food intake rather than a magic cure-all.

I tried this an although the soup was nice it made no difference to my loss at all!

like snuggle I have tried the soup, made no difference to the weight loss.

In fact all the pulses made my tummy swell :mad::mad:

I found it delicious as a single meal, would find it boring to eat for every meal anyway. I have frozen individual portions so i can take it to work for lunches, it was very filling too. I have been on holiday so am not going to weigh myself until i have been back on plan for a week. Food wise I have been fine, but consumed a lot of alcohol whilst i was away :(

I have Thursday n Friday off work this week and thought maybe give the soup a go for Lunch on those days plus weekend any tips on the already published recipe.
Anything to avoid? Does it work?:confused:

12 Speed Soup

Can someone post the recipe for me please. It's yummers and I saved it to the laptop then it reset lol and I lost it X

Back